Pages:
Author

Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits? - page 88. (Read 6362 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 250
kittiefight.io Combat MMO Lending Jackpots
April 28, 2018, 05:02:41 AM
I do not expect any banks coming up with offers like that, the banks know that it is a risky endeavor to start accepting bitcoin as deposits as there are many hacks from the exchanges left and right and even in this short run we know how many billions are lost through major hacks throughout its short history more over why should i deposit my coins in a bank when i can store carefully.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
April 28, 2018, 04:55:23 AM
I think that it is possible in several years, not now because it is difficult to change the standard traditional system. People need to adjust to this idea. Some are against crypto but they are few. Most people see the great potential in Bitcoin
Activity: 476
Merit: 102
Kuvacash.com
April 28, 2018, 04:49:46 AM
I don't think the banks are going to accept the crypto revolution as thats something that threatens their monopoly over money. And the banks would never allow something like that to flourish and try to create negative campaigns against it. So how can they ever accept the deposits of something they are against.
Activity: 287
April 28, 2018, 04:36:04 AM
The time will come when bitcoin is developed to a stage average person understand it and banks see it as means to boost their profits. Neteller and other online banks are already integrating bitcoin deposit through bitpay into their system and I believe in no times, banks will be accepting deposit and withdrawals not only in bitcoins but in other major cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 665
April 28, 2018, 03:59:47 AM
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
I think my country can not be done because the government in my country still prohibits direct transactions with bitcoin and bitcoin has not been inaugurated by the government as the currency that applies in my country so of course the bank can not do that
Activity: 95
Merit: 0
April 27, 2018, 10:29:17 AM
I have read a news on this topic today. It's about some financial institutions working on crypto money investment in the US. I do not know the source of the news and the truth. But I think that in a very short period of time (within a few years), the banks will certainly be able to handle this. Otherwise it is not possible. There is an economic value in the middle. Bitcoin and some coins are already a big competitor to the banking sector. If the crypto money sector does not go to cooperate with the banks, we may not see the banking sector that we know today. Because many projects offer much more than banks promises, much simpler. All you need is internet and a PC.

I think no bank accept Bitcoin in its form, there are traditional banks do not directly deal with Bitcoin. They (intermediary) is convert Bitcoin to local currency or local currency to Bitcoin.  But in my other research There are certain banks which are Bitcoin friendly.
Activity: 462
Merit: 252
April 27, 2018, 09:53:57 AM
This is exactly the approach i was expecting from banks and other financial institutions world wide, the landscape is changing and changing quicker than most of us expected and i would have thought that banks would have tried to maintain there position in the new food chain by innovating and reinventing themselves to suit the new emerging customer base that crypto currencies now provide , banks ,should they do this stand to not only maintain their positions/grandeur but stand to make billions from this move. the banks that make this move will have way healthier balance sheets than the ones that refuse to innovate and adapt to the new ecosystem.
Activity: 360
Merit: 100
April 27, 2018, 09:33:33 AM
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

Yes, I do not see why not. The idea is even pretty good. But anyway, such big companies always find the way to gain from everything. So I think banks may already think of such options.  Smiley Smiley
Activity: 476
April 27, 2018, 09:28:49 AM

It could have happened if the bank could develop his project to start receiving digital currencies and can receive the technology used is certain the bank will be able to do that. It is better if you use the deposit system transparently.
Activity: 357
April 27, 2018, 07:04:21 AM
depositing bitcoin in banks?,for now its being implemented,like my country and im proud to say its Philippines,our banks was looking to use this bitcoin as a payment mothod or etc. so for you question its possible and now its happening.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
April 27, 2018, 06:56:39 AM

How will they offer fixed returns of such deposits ? There is no guaranteed returns in case of bitcoins and this will be loss for banks.

How they will use our bitcoins and make a profit it's left to bank people, what we need means suppose if we do fixed deposit our bitcoins for one year and if they pay interest to my bitcoins then I am ready I will deposit but I only accept government banks because we can't trust private banks. It's actually good idea.
Activity: 205
Merit: 20
April 27, 2018, 06:56:28 AM

I think many many CEO's are right now and in the past trying to get bitcoin and their systems working together. In my Opinion they needed to do that straing at least by last year when bitcoin was getting famous, and they need to because they do want to have their profit from such a lucrative business.
Activity: 616
Merit: 256
April 27, 2018, 06:56:11 AM
First of all bitcoin cryptocurrency concept is to eliminate the bank as the middle man of the transaction for cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is an anti-bank advocacy. So if we allow the bank for a bitcoin deposit then it negates the bitcoin's point of view. In the long run banks will make a way to make money out of your bitcoin deposits and bank is all about money, if you make a deposits to them they are in control of your private key and that is a big factor in handling the risk of your investments.
Activity: 602
April 27, 2018, 06:49:04 AM
At present, no bank accepts to send bitcoin. Because bitcoin is highly risky and prices fluctuate sharply. If you send the bitcoin up or down compared with the time you send, who will be responsible? It is possible that if bitcoin thrives the bank will accept.
copper member
Activity: 38
Merit: 2
April 27, 2018, 06:48:53 AM

How will they offer fixed returns of such deposits ? There is no guaranteed returns in case of bitcoins and this will be loss for banks.
Activity: 392
Merit: 39
April 27, 2018, 06:37:11 AM
Eventually they will of course do, and I have read articles that this service is already being offered by some banks, but I don't have the links so it is just something I thought I've read. But anyway I am positive that in the future this service will be very common in banks.
Activity: 112
April 27, 2018, 06:32:07 AM
To get a good idea about which banks are most Bitcoin friendly, I suggest that you visit Bitcoin News, Blockchain News, Prices, Charts & Analysis - CoinDesk and inquire within the community. I also recommend Paxful and their website is: Buy bitcoin instantly where there are over 300 ways to trade Bitcoin, including cash deposit directly to the seller’s bank account.
Activity: 126
April 27, 2018, 06:23:23 AM
I don't think it will benefit them!
Activity: 357
CRYPTO ENTHUSIAST : Airdrop & Bounty Hunter
April 27, 2018, 05:57:59 AM
Maybe in the future, when they find better ways to profit from it, and not Btc as threat to them. But if ever the time comes that banks will accept Btc deposits, I'll still choose to save it on wallets, i feel safer there and been using it till now.
Activity: 85
April 27, 2018, 05:51:06 AM

Traditional currency determines the existence of traditional banks. However, Bitcoin is not a traditional currency.
Pages:
Jump to: