Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 125. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
I don't think that Bitcoin will be replaced by some other crypto-Currency at least I am not going to adopt any other crypto currency. I am happy with Bitcoins and I don't want any other digital currency to interfere with Bitcoins value.
This is called the influence of the user, when the user does not want to move or switch from bitcoin to another cryptocurrency, so long as this continues to happen where users continue to believe and trust to continue using bitcoin. Then bitcoin will continue to survive from all sorts of competitors
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
The technology or perfection of new garbage coins and projects do not mean anything to most of the crypto investors. We're here to earn money, not to produce technology. Bitcoin is the king forever. The rest can keep wasting time on new coins.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
no way the bitcoin can be replaced, it is too big to fail. There are too many big guys in it now.
Correct whales have too much invested in bitcoin to let it fail, in fact I think this is why we finally got segwit activated, people began to realize that ETH was getting awfully close to bitcoin in the market cap and that is why everyone said, hey we need to something about it and that is why segwit has finally been approved and we can move forward with a bitcoin that is even stronger.
We will see more price increase as it is already happened after the August 1 hard fork. Price now is good but not good to sell
yet, the party is not over and when this will continue to happen it's hard to see it being replace by another crypto currency although they
have a chance though.
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
no way the bitcoin can be replaced, it is too big to fail. There are too many big guys in it now.
Correct whales have too much invested in bitcoin to let it fail, in fact I think this is why we finally got segwit activated, people began to realize that ETH was getting awfully close to bitcoin in the market cap and that is why everyone said, hey we need to something about it and that is why segwit has finally been approved and we can move forward with a bitcoin that is even stronger.
Activity: 140
Maybe but in Bitcoin's today status I think not, it has a strong foundation and a stable price now so it is far for replacing another cryptocurrency.
Activity: 391
Merit: 250
Actually one guy is constantly asking me about Bitcoin. He keeps saying me he wants to buy me for 100$ of bitcoins, but never did it. He is a bit a joke I think. But except him, my of my relatives are tired of hearing about it.
Activity: 720
Merit: 500
I don't think that Bitcoin will be replaced by some other crypto-Currency at least I am not going to adopt any other crypto currency. I am happy with Bitcoins and I don't want any other digital currency to interfere with Bitcoins value.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 291
Well it will take a long time period before we can see such a miracle. I call it miracle because it will not be easy for any other crypto currency to over take or replace bitcoin. This is because bitcoin brought about crypto currency and it will be difficult for it to be replace by other crypto currency because despite the recent split bitcoin value remains stronger than never before.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
Nothing is impossible to replace BTC, there is alot altcoins but they will be always 5-10 times lower than BTC.
I agree with you, there is no impossible thing in the internet and we all know that bitcoin is getting older and older and there are few issues that might become a big problem in the future and that is what we are afraid of but we all know that there are still hundred of altcoins that are good or close to bitcoin which can replace it if we will experience such a big issue with the current king of the crypto.
Activity: 1190
Nothing is impossible to replace BTC, there is alot altcoins but they will be always 5-10 times lower than BTC.
Of course nothing is impossible, bitcoin competitors from cryptocurrency will continue to come and do not close the possibility of bitcoin will have a competitor that is enough to make bitcoin hassles, of course in the future will present coin that has greater technology than bitcoin right ?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
I think it's not possible to replace BTC by another cryptocurrency. Because Bitcoin is the King of the current crypto market. Bitcoin is going so high day by day. I hope within a couple of months Bitcoin will rich $5k. In presents world, Bitcoin is more popular with other coins. Bitcoin popularity is increasing day by day. And it will continue. I think no one currency can Beat It. It stays King of the crypto market continuously.

I see a lot of posts like this, and you may be right, but it seems very dangerous to think this way.

What if Visa or MasterCard decided to launch a cryptocurrency? Bye bye BTC!

Will it happen? Maybe, maybe not, but thinking it is impossible for something to replace BTC seems like the same way others used to think nothing could ever replace a US dollar for a transaction.

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
Virtacoinplus is next Bitcoin virtacoinplus is launching Aug 7 buy buy buy

We don't what will happen to bitcoin in  the future and also with the other alternative coins. What I know is that bitcoin will be having a pump and it started the time the split happened.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Virtacoinplus is next Bitcoin virtacoinplus is launching Aug 7 buy buy buy
Activity: 756
Probably, most likely even. I don't see this happening anytime soon tho.

Or maybe bitcoin cash might over take it? That's still a big maybe though like every altcoin has the same chance.
Right now bitcoins are still king and I don't think it will change in the near future. Unless people find some problems
with it, I don't think it will go away any time soon.
I guess there is no other coin having potential enough to overcome bitcoins in the future.
Bitcoins have earned massive support and respect in the last years. Altcoins are just kids in the crypto kingdom. How can they over rule bitcoins? I don’t think so people are going to face any serious problems with bitcoins. 
Activity: 602
Merit: 251
I am a professional Web Designer and Developer
I think it's not possible to replace BTC by another cryptocurrency. Because Bitcoin is the King of the current crypto market. Bitcoin is going so high day by day. I hope within a couple of months Bitcoin will rich $5k. In presents world, Bitcoin is more popular with other coins. Bitcoin popularity is increasing day by day. And it will continue. I think no one currency can Beat It. It stays King of the crypto market continuously.
Activity: 910
Merit: 509
For now there do not seems to be any cypto currency which can beat or come near btc. The way btc has responded over the years has being magnificent. The demand has always kept on rising and now more and more countries are also legalizing this . Due to which demand will only rise for btc.

There is not even a single currency which can beat bitcoin neither fiat currency neither crypto curreinces because bitcoin having power which is known as best currency in the world which is the only one crpyto currency who has ability to give you happen. While other are just uses for exchange good and services while bitcoin is giving you more benefit as well.
Activity: 266
Merit: 122
Yes it's possible, In fact they are starting to introduce new cryptocurrency maybe they are planning to divert the market of bitcoin because it's getting expensive as day passes by…Maybe after 10 years there is new currency circulating the market but as of now let's just focus on bitcoin and invest what we can sooner the value will rise again it could be a good investment if we buy now.
Activity: 126
HomeToken - Tokenized Real Estate Fund
I don't think so. Bitcoin will survive with other currencies because the market is growing. It's not a zero-sum game.
copper member
Activity: 560
Merit: 253
Even if it might happen, it won't happen anytime soon. Maybe that might happen in five to ten years to come. And there is only one altcoin which can take over bitcoin, which is ethereum. Other than that, I don't see it happen, permanent.
Jump to: