Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 48. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 102
I expect that Bitcoin will not be replaced by any other crypto currency untill 2050.After that, it may be replaced by other crypto currency, but still Bitcoin will remain in the market, may not be in the first place
Activity: 3052
Merit: 685
I don't think Bitcoin will be replaced by another coin very soon because it is like Coca Cola. Everybody who knows about cryptocurrencies knows about bitcoin but not everybody knows about the rest. So I think it is hard to replace Bitcoin right now
There is a possibility because people are choosing what would benefit them for long term, there are altcoins and have different purpose than bitcoin but they are all decentralized, it's the decentralized nature that will remain but we cannot be sure who will dominate in the long run but as of today it's bitcoin which is the most popular.
Activity: 812
Merit: 501
I don't think Bitcoin will be replaced by another coin very soon because it is like Coca Cola. Everybody who knows about cryptocurrencies knows about bitcoin but not everybody knows about the rest. So I think it is hard to replace Bitcoin right now
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
This is possible if any altcoin has the potential and attracts the trader as well as the investor who cares and invests in it. I believe that bitcoin can not last forever and it will be beaten by a better altcoin.
- Of course, although Bitcoin is king but each era will be born a new king, sooner or later, Bitcoin will also face strong and potential competitors, someday it will be defeated, people will gradually abandon Bitcoin and switch where the new ideal investment. However, this scenario will need a long time to appear, the king can not be defeated simply, time is probably very long with us, and during the period of waiting, we should continue to invest and make money with Bitcoin, it still is a source of infinite profit with us
Bitcoin is not replaceable and no other coin can takes its places and altcoin have no potential to replace bitcoin because people don’t trust alts and their profit is also very low this is bitcoin fever everyone is talking about bitcoin and there is no one who is now unaware of bitcoins basics and people are regretting that they heard late about bitcoin and if they heard about it before the prices will be much more higher now,
Merit: 10
There have been many cryptocurrencies rising nowadays but the answer to that question is unpredictable. As of the moment, Bitcoin had a stable growth and people are becoming more aware about it. It is the most successful and most known cryptocurrency around which makes it hard for it to be replaced.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
for now, I think bitcoin is very difficult to be replaced by any cryptocurrency .. because bitcoin has become global, and the price is very tempting. bitcoin has become strong because many people are investing in large scale.
Activity: 446
Merit: 13
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

Hi there Moneroman88! I know this tread is pretty old but I just want to tell what going into my mind every time I read a topic like this. I think bitcoin couldn’t be replace because for several things; First, bitcoin is still the leader in terms of market capitalization; Second, bitcoin is still the crypto with the highest price value; and Third, major crypto exchange trade volumes still account for bitcoins. Thus, even people who just want to earn money still prefer bitcoin. And lastly, there are more company that is starting to accept bitcoin as a payment as oppose to other altcoins.  Wink
Activity: 881
Merit: 500
CyberTrade
Yes it will. Very soon I predict.
Bitcoin will come crashing in the coming months in 2018. Its dropped ever since 20k and doesnt have the momentum to go up again.

Bitcoin is a shitcoin. A glorified shitcoin.
Yes it was the original cryptocoin and have made the way for the cryptospace to grow and thrive.
But today its a dead shitcoin.
It consumes so much electricity just to have the network running. It painfully slow. The network steals your money everytime some does a transaction because the fees are so high. It have forked to several subcoins because people cant agree and is soon forking more.
Bitcoin is mined today by the wealthiest miners that can afford expensive farms or hardware that overcome the laughable high resistance on the network, the rest are nothing more than investors. Investing on a shitcoin.

Time to move on. People are dumping their Bitcoins for something else today like XRP and Ripple, and I suggest you people do the same because odds are high that Bitcoin will drop bigtime in 2018. Unless you want to go down with it.

I partly agree but not with your conclusion.
Ripple might be better with transactions, but what about privacy and decentralisation? Shouldn't we look for a good replacement?
I don't think so that Bitcoin can be replaced by any other cryptocurrency because Bitcoin today is the leading cryptocurrency and all the other cryptocurrencies altcoins are regulated with respect to Bitcoin.There are many investors of Bitcoin who daily invest in it.More and more users are joining Bitcoin as a profit margin is very large and they receive their profits in the short period of time.It has established itself in the market and is known by many people.Whenever there is topic of cryptocurrency.the only name that comes to mind is bitcoin only.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
Ethereum, maybe...
I saw Ethereum price is increasing faster than other, stand behind Bitcoin only.
Activity: 336
Lookin by how up and down the bitcoin price and how the other coin grow maybe yes
Bitcoin will replace by another cryptocurrency we can look an ethereum price or another coin that grow and the price was stable
Activity: 109
chances are yes bitcoin is replaced by another crypto if high bitcoin prices and taxes continue, people will move on to crypto others whose transactions are low and the results are large
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
The truth is that we cannot tell. There are so many people here who are saying yes. But on the other hand there is an equally big number of people who are also saying that it is not possible to happen. For me, Bitcoin cannot easily be replaced by other cryptocurrency, although of course it is very much possible in the far future. Yes, there are so many cryptocurrencies for now, and there are still many coming, but most of these cryptocurrencies are either not as big as Bitcoin or are very specialized in their uses.
Activity: 6
I think it is no because bitcoin is the base of all crypto currency it is the father of all crypto so they cant replaced it in no.1 but it has also possiblities that they can replace it i think ethereum is the next bitcoin that will grow or be competence of bitcoin but somehow still if other currency is increasing well bitcoin also will increase.

Jiaozi was the first fiat money around the 11th century. There was only a limited amount.
Who uses Jiaozis today?
Activity: 98
I think it is no because bitcoin is the base of all crypto currency it is the father of all crypto so they cant replaced it in no.1 but it has also possiblities that they can replace it i think ethereum is the next bitcoin that will grow or be competence of bitcoin but somehow still if other currency is increasing well bitcoin also will increase.

This makes perfect sense and only XRP can replace it. Because XRP is one of the coins manipulated by banksters (not a mining coin).

this depends on us.
I don't want XRP to take over. If nobody except bankers invest in ripple it will not take over.
Activity: 602
Merit: 118

This makes perfect sense and only XRP can replace it. Because XRP is one of the coins manipulated by banksters (not a mining coin).
Bitcoin will come crashing in the coming months in 2018. Its dropped ever since 20k and doesnt have the momentum to go up again.

Yes it was the original cryptocoin and have made the way for the cryptospace to grow and thrive.
It consumes so much electricity just to have the network running. It painfully slow. The network steals your money everytime some does a transaction because the fees are so high. It have forked to several subcoins because people cant agree and is soon forking more.
Bitcoin is mined today by the wealthiest miners that can afford expensive farms or hardware that overcome the laughable high resistance on the network, the rest are nothing more than investors. Investing on a shitcoin.

Time to move on. People are dumping their Bitcoins for something else today like XRP and Ripple, and I suggest you people do the same because odds are high that Bitcoin will drop bigtime in 2018. Unless you want to go down with it.

I partly agree but not with your conclusion.
Ripple might be better with transactions, but what about privacy and decentralisation? Shouldn't we look for a good replacement?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
Every “get rich quick scheme” is always replaced by the next “get rich quick scheme”. Just give it time. Or better yet, try to be on the ground floor of the next one.
Activity: 13
I don't think so
Merit: 1

Pages:
Jump to: