Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 43. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 281
Merit: 100
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
As of now there is no other cryptocurrency that is popular than bitcoin. Bitcoin is very expensive than the other cryptos and it is its advantage to all of them because of that it is one of the famous cryptocurrency today.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
It is not possible because other currency is poor popularity ,,,but people are crazy about Bitcoin ,,,so in this age no currency can replace it.
Activity: 154
Considering that essential changes in code base of blockchain happen much less often than in altcoins, I think, the probability of such replacement increases every year. Among new cryptocurrencies there is a severe competition. And this competition promotes their high-quality enhancement. These coins purchase new relevant properties and functions. I assume, that coin which will be able to aggregate all the best of the existing cryptocurrencies quickly will catch up with bitcoin in popularity.
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
To believe (e.g. to be certain) something like that does not make rational sense. To say that is a statistic probability makes much more sense. However, this has been discussed over and over again. In order for the cryptocurrency space to thrive, it would be most suitable if there were multiple coins at the top and not just one (as currently Bitcoin is). Nobody can say that either one will happen for sure; they would only be speculating.

Will be. Moreover, in the game of speculation and market circulation, in the development of technology, it should be limited to two kinds of currencies, saving money and circulating currency.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
No matter how much we love bitcoin, eventually we will have to let it go sooner or later if something new that is more advanced and promising than bitcoin. But I just can't see it happening just yet. Maybe in 10 or more years who knows. Lets just enjoy using it while we can instead of worrying about it in the future.
Activity: 98
I look at it this way the world is changing at an alarming rate cryptocurrency is where we are heading wether its decentralized or not in the future. Bitcoin is the king and sets the pace for the rest of the currency so I do believe that BTC could always remain king but it needs to evolve with the competitors there's always someone wanting that thrown. So to do so Bitcoin must be one step ahead or just like Myspace you will be dethroned by Facebook just as YouTube may be taken down by Steemit etc you cant become stagnant. You must also be willing to implement things that you may not like to keep you at the top.
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

I think no one can replace bitcoin when it's gone. Like altcoin and so on, even before that bitcoins have become popular among people. Bitcoin also has a lot to help people in need of it. Bitcoin will never be replaced, but the answer will still be changed if it is replaced. When someone competes with him and steal everything to him. But I think that will not happen. More can be done with bitcoin and we will just let them know what they are. Smiley
Activity: 350
Merit: 47
Yes it could happen but i doubt very much it will happen the short to medium term, to actually make bitcoin obsolete would be a achievement.
I strongly agree, this would take years or even decades(if possible) to catch up with bitcoin since bitcoin leads all other coins. But who knows right? Anything is possible here in crypto.
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
We have seen Facebook overthrone MySpace and Orkut, as well as many other examples, but it is usually rare. I believe Bitcoin needs to scale though, otherwise it will not last as a valuable thing. This is digital gold while it is king. If it is overthrown, then why would it be so valuable?
Activity: 65
It is not possible for another cryptocurrency to replace bitcoin. Whichever crypto can outperform and out brand bitcoin will replace it, but this may not happen since big lead has such a big lead. It’s like trying to make the best search engine now when google exists. Bitcoin is the biggest because it was first and better branding than the other crypto.
Activity: 294
Merit: 102
Of course, since the fees charged for each transaction that is made with btc are being high, thereby making the only feasible way to use this currency is in large amounts of money. Making way for any another cryptocurrency to replace it.
Activity: 196
It could possibly happen... in the near future.. as we all know bitcoins in the recent performance is declining so bad and there are alt- coin who is gaining confident to climb to the top due to its usability..if the momentum is consistent, then this is the big threat of btc
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
In my country, the government has implemented e-money as a tool for various payment transactions. E-money is published by several banks with the aim of diverting the public to take advantage of technological advances in the world economy. The enactment of e-money is the first way for bitcoin can be accepted by the government in my country because of the same form of transactions that is digital that distinguishes it is the technology used. However, with the enactment of e-money, this indicates that the currency in the form of digital increasingly wide open to replace the paper money.
Activity: 161
Merit: 101
AI SOLUTION TO VOLATILITY IN YOUR CRYPTO SAVINGS
Since the begin Bitcoin has been the father of all cryptocurrency that is made from the past till now. Because of its successful outcome, many developers is inspired to make their own project. That why their are many appearing ICO's. Yes not all altcoin has been successful but because of this Bitcoin has been more popular than ever. We all know that other cryptocurrency before they can be listed to other exchange they have to pay in Bitcoin. So Bitcoin has a huge factor up today so i think Bitcoin will always be a reference and will not be replace.
Activity: 147
It could be but I think not.
Bitcoin is the start of this all thing and the all crypto and I believe it will be whats leading them.
Activity: 714
Yes, this is easy to understand. Bitcoin may not be suitable to replace every fiat coin in today's world like now and make a good universal coin. So another coin might replace it, or Bitcoin will develop in such a way that it will not exist anymore.

no other coin cant replace bitcoin because as you see there were now many coins out there specifically altcoins and tokens but all of them had also their own usage and blockchain but bitcoin has also have its own so therfore its impossible for bitcoin to be replaced directly.  although bitcoin can be replaced in terms of sending or paying due to the fact that its fees were too over rated now and people has infact using other alternatives like litecoin and dash.
Activity: 158
Merit: 10
Yes, this is easy to understand. Bitcoin may not be suitable to replace every fiat coin in today's world like now and make a good universal coin. So another coin might replace it, or Bitcoin will develop in such a way that it will not exist anymore.
Activity: 8
No because it is in the peak of popularity, many people invest and use bitcoin nowadays, so it's hard to say that it will be replace by other cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 280

maybe yes, maybe no. there is always a debate for your question. that basically not all members here will agree. but in my opinion, all always have their own portions. bitcoin may be replaced by another altcoin, if the altcoin is created over the bitcoin. but if it does not exist, it is not impossible that bitcoin will remain a crypto king.
Activity: 126
The chances of btc being replaced is very low.But there is high chance that btc might some strong competitors in the future.
Pages:
Jump to: