Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 45. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Future of Global Copyright Registration
Bitcoin is the king of all, because of bitcoin, it brought up every other cryptocurrencies. I don't think any other crypto could ever take the throne of bitcoin. Bitcoin will always stay high up and lead the others.
Activity: 65
Merit: 0
I think cryptocurency that could replace the bitcoin is cryptocurency the price is almost the same with bitcoin.
Activity: 52
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

No, it won't be Monero... Grin

Since nothing lasts forever it is of course possible that Bitcoin will be replaced some day. The question is it likely to be replaced by another cryptocurrency or will it be replaced by an entirely new concept? I think if a new system replaces Bitcoin it must have highly significant advantages over Bitcoin that come close to the paradigm shift that Bitcoin represents compared to the existing fiat money system.

The reason why I don't believe that Bitcoin is replaced easily by another cryptocurrency is its significant network effect that is the result of having the biggest user base. Bitcoin had a first mover advantage. That advantage can not be easily reversed.

ya.ya.yo!

It is not impossible for other cyrptocurrency to surpass bitcoin being the number one crypto in the world. In the past year, there are almost 40 cryptocurrency which improvement has been seen. Their sales reached about 1 billion mark just like the bitcoin and its percentage rate of improving is unbelievable. We can expect that there will be some cryptocurrency that can surpass bitcoin yet we do not know what exactly it is. Just review the graphs of each and we can have our speculation.
Activity: 728
Merit: 10
Yes most likely it could happen because in the world of cryptocurreny, especially bitcoin when the price changes and more and more coins emerging.
Activity: 54
maybe if rival bitcoin will have many rival. but if replaced i think is can't because bitcoin are famous cryptocurrency and the price never get low always getting high until now.
Activity: 365
Bitcoin will continue to grow and gain momentum and it will be very difficult for another cryptocurrency to over take bitcoin because of its current high price. Bitcoin is the father of all cryptocurrency and it continue to maintain it position as father of all.
Activity: 336
I doubt if it will ever happen,  bitcoin is seriously leading all other in the crypto world, it can never be replaced...
Activity: 7
Bitcoin has made a huge mark with cryptocurrency that it may be impossible to be obsolete. However, it may be possible if there were more digital currencies that thrive.
Activity: 336
For now, I think nothing can take the place of bitcoin in cryptocurrency because the value of bitcoin is the fastest growing coins in the cyber world thats why there is no one can replaced bitcoin in the cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000
It could have happened, if the transaction fee to high and the speed to slow and now it looks the price of the bitcoin hard up more, if this continues to happen someday bitcoin can be replaced  by another cryptocurrency.
There would be such a possibility that this could happened in the future but as of now I didn't see any altcoin to surpass the dominance of the bitcoin in the world of digital currency today. Due to bitcoin's continue increasing of the demand in the market today so I guess may be this thing could be happened but it take quite long to happen.
Activity: 213
Merit: 13
Wonderful World
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
is likely to happen but I do not think anyone will replace the first digital money, because bitcoin is the first digital money which may be forgotten by the new digital money
Activity: 126
Merit: 5
Now often see some people say that the currency prices are low transmission speed slower, may be replaced by other coin in the future, but I have always been adamant that, this is impossible, because the COINS in my mind, a religion, is irreplaceable
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
There is a possibility for this situation to happen.
Especially nowadayswe can see that there are altcoins gaining fast with bitcoin especifically ethereum.
As more er erc20 are being developed then the more users will come in for ethereum in order to fund their gas.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 529
Student Coin
Bitcoin can never be replaced by other cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is a maternal cryptocurrency, Therr will have no other currency if bitcoin will not be found. Litecoin is 2 to bitcoin in cryptocurrency. And the lite coin is too far away from bitcoin so it will never replace it
I don't agree with litecoin, I am seeing that Ethereum will take over the spot of bitcoin if its supporters will drop their bitcoins.
Right now the chance of bitcoin being replace is very low since obviously it's still the most dominant coin right now and it can beat the entire altcoins market once it pump hard.
Activity: 63
Merit: 1
Bitcoin can never be replaced by other cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is a maternal cryptocurrency, Therr will have no other currency if bitcoin will not be found. Litecoin is 2 to bitcoin in cryptocurrency. And the lite coin is too far away from bitcoin so it will never replace it
Activity: 85
there are very small chance to replace bitcoin by another cryptocurrency nowadays bitcoin is on the top position its position can never be changed even than Ethereum (which is on the second position )cannot replace it bitcoin is profitable than another.
Activity: 53
No one knows for sure. Think of it like the Netscape browser written for (predominantly) HTTP. It was good at its time, but then other browsers took the mantle and Netscape was dethroned. The same analogy could apply to bitcoins. It could be dethroned and for all we know Dogecoin or Litecoin could prevail.

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Well, dollar replace gold, bitcoin replace dollar..So, new currency replace bitcoin
Activity: 887
Merit: 516
Bitcoin OG
Bitcoin will always exist in some form and will probably be the most dominate cryptocurrency for a long time, atleast in our lifetime. I can see it lose % dominance compared to ALL cryptocurrency but it should be the number one digital asset in the world I believe.
Activity: 92
What is the reason not to believe it? If someday Bitcoin can not follow technological developments are constantly growing. It is possible that Bitcoin can be replaced with other Cryptocurrency. But if Bitcoin can always evolve until whenever, I'm sure Bitcoin will not be replaced.
Pages:
Jump to: