Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 46. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 3
It could have happened, if the transaction fee to high and the speed to slow and now it looks the price of the bitcoin hard up more, if this continues to happen someday bitcoin can be replaced  by another cryptocurrency.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
When Football meets Crypto
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

Bitcoins can be replaced by any cryptocurrency if people will change their mind and they will not invest in bitcoins further. Altcoins is rising this year, The value of ethereum coin is reaching for over 1k dollar already and it might be a sign that altcoins can really take over bitcoins value.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
Bitcoin is mother of cryptocurrency, the other will based on and follow the path where Bitcoin went. But certainly, other will be better.
Activity: 224
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
Bitcoin is the first to exist and became the most popular coin among all cryptocurrencies.But we cannot tell what will happen in the future as there are also increasing developers which soon could develop new and more improve coins.If the flaws of bitcoin won't be improve and would still have expensive yet slow transactions,it is possible that it will be replaced by another cryptocurrency one day.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Yes in the future maybe,because new alts has more advance technology than bitcoin and thats the fact.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 245
Whether bitcoin will be replaced as the leader of the crypto currency by another, more successful coin, depends on the team that supports it. If the shortcomings and vulnerabilities of bitcoin will be eliminated on time, it is likely that it will remain the number one crypto currency for a long time. If he does not do this, and as he does now, he will accumulate his shortcomings, then he will not be able to hold on to the leaders for a long time due to his former popularity and will be replaced by a more successful coin.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
Nothing lasts forever, we cannot know the future though. We will have to wait and see what the future brings us. IMO Bitcoin is old and obsolete at the moment but it is seen as a store value so. It was originally intended as a payment system but it is very slowly now and has high fees, so it should be replaced. This is one of the reasons we have forks. We will see what happens!
Activity: 81
I don’t think so... Bitcoin seems to be that stable. Although it could be possible for the coming years that another digital currency will flourished.
Activity: 12
Based from how Bitcoin is doing today, I don’t think another cryptocurrency will be able to overcome it. Just by basing it with the number of users.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

More like bitcoin will be a gold and some other altcoin will be dollars. Is that what you are saying? I guess altcoins will still have a long way to go to do it.

Bitcoin will become the "gold" standard while the rest of the altcoins in existence would be considered "digital money". It all makes sense, since Bitcoin is extremely limited in supply, while most altcoins have huge supply to facilitate cheaper costs when making micropayments. For each use case, there is both Bitcoin and altcoins depending on the user's needs.

Of course, altcoins still have a long way to go, but I believe that as times passes by, Bitcoin and the whole cryptocurrency ecosystem will become improved as more people join in the revolution. It's all about the blockchain and since Bitcoin is the original cryptocurrency which brought the technology, it will be here to stay. It will be very difficult for another crypto to take its place anytime soon.

Which are those crypto currencies that you think are more expensive than bitcoin? Could you please enumerate them? As far as I know about digital currencies, there are two groups i.e. one includes bitcoin and other consists of altcoins and there is no altcoin so far which is even able to stand next to bitcoin. Bitcoin is the sole ruler of digital currencies and it will stay as well as long as digital currencies exist.

Agree. Bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrencies and will always be (unless a new cryptocurrency comes in which solves all BTC's underlying issues). Of course, there are a few altcoins with less supply than Bitcoin like Diamond. But, Bitcoin one of the most valuable cryptocurrencies in existence.

One interesting fact is that 42 coin is much more valuable than Bitcoin, probably because of its extremely limited supply of 42 coins in existence. While it overcomes Bitcoin in terms of price, it hasn't surpassed Bitcoin in terms of market cap, where it may be almost impossible for another cryptocurrency to become the first cryptocurrency in market cap.

As long as there is demand for Bitcoin, and mainstream acceptance, it will grow stronger than ever and become hard to beat. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 154
I think that it is very possible, users are more and more, so that bitcoin transactions become slow, someday it will happen, so make your transaction is failed, the bitcoat price will go to the floor, and bitcoin will be replaced by another crypto currency.
Activity: 3
Bitcoin is Bitoin and always be Bitcoin! But Ethereum is going this year bypass Bitcoin in marketcap and in the future are the Directed Acyclic Graph technology who is going to rule the cryptocurrencies. But Bitcoin sal always be the gold in crypto world and always be very valuable.
Activity: 392
I think that it is possible that Bitcoin will be replaced by another digital currency. But I also think that it won't happen as early as 10 years. I hope that bitcoin will stay strong at the top and not be replaced but joined by another crypto. Since there is only one crypto standing at the top, and that is Bitcoin. I hope that there is two or more crypto on the top.
For me bitcoin and crypto are the same value. But some are choose bitcoin, and they believe bitcoin is so high value.

Same value ? It's obviously different value bitcoin and other cryptocurrency. It's possible to replace bitcoin by another cryptocurrency but not now, because people still trust and keep using bitcoins and also the price is still high compared by other altcoins.
Activity: 224
Digital currencies fell broadly on Monday, with ripple and bitcoin leading the charge lower. Ripple traded 10 percent lower at $2.46 on the Bitstamp exchange. Coinmarketcap.com showed its price down nearly 25 percent, but it appeared that may be due to the site excluding certain prices from Korean exchanges.
Activity: 448
Merit: 101
Of course. Bitcoin is as a first step in new economics. It has some disadvantages. There will be another token which will be using. Maybe each country will have their own token
Can you please elaborate the disadvantages of bitcoin? Because according to majority of investors, bitcoin is an amazing currency. It has changed lives of masses, many people are now enjoying the lives they sued to dream about. This is pretty nonsense to even assume that bitcoin will be replaced by some other currency just because bitcoin is the oldest currency. Bitcoin is the one which is all the time controlling prices of all other altcoins.
Yes truly said. Everything is possible. But as you said if only the value of new currency is equal or greater than bitcoin. And that is not possible. Because value of a crypto currency depends upon the number of investments made into this. And how on earth is that possible? One person cannot make such a huge investment, for that he needs a lot of money and most of the people are lacking that.
Activity: 313
i dont think so, with what bitcoins offers us today. its very imposible to happend. maybe there will be this cryptocurrency that will almost take its value. but, still its very impossible! even in a simple basis, think of it. will you think a world wide known money currency will be replace? ofcourse no. bitcoin is like an international currency running online
I personally do not think so. Bitcoin is also a crypto currency. So first of all it can’t be replaced by any other. Till this time Bitcoin is the best currency and that’s why it holds half of the market. Maybe someday another alternative will come but it will have to compete with bitcoin. That is very difficult. Because everyone wants to invest in more profitable ideas and not only the innovative ones.
Activity: 171
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
I think that it is possible that Bitcoin will be replaced by another digital currency. But I also think that it won't happen as early as 10 years. I hope that bitcoin will stay strong at the top and not be replaced but joined by another crypto. Since there is only one crypto standing at the top, and that is Bitcoin. I hope that there is two or more crypto on the top.
For me bitcoin and crypto are the same value. But some are choose bitcoin, and they believe bitcoin is so high value.
Activity: 455
Merit: 106
Its hard to say that one day bitcoin will soon be replaced by another coin, it is possible but right one i think none of the existing coin is capable of overtaking bitcoin. Making the bitcoin obsolete is another story.  With the bitcoin being popular up to now,  there is no guarantee that a coin or future coin is capable of making bitcoin obsolete.  There is no chance of bitcoin being not in use, not by next month,  year and the future.
Activity: 191
For me, Bitcoin cannot easily be replaced by other cryptocurrency. As of the moment, Bitcoin had a stable growth and people are becoming more aware about it. Bitcoin will get a successful candidate with the use of a more complicated and trusted transaction system. Therefore still long time bitcoin will be number one.
Activity: 364
Merit: 6
Pages:
Jump to: