Pages:
Author

Topic: Will crypto replace fiat money? - page 21. (Read 2052 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 105
May 28, 2018, 09:59:34 PM
I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)
To reach an idea where crypto money replaces fiat money in my opinion still requires various stages, because not all of the world's population can already operate Bitcoin especially for those in tarap of lower class life where their life is much poorer, they still need fiat money for the cost their day-to-day life. Before Bitcoin can replace fiat money, every country must first prosper the people.
Activity: 85
Merit: 0
May 28, 2018, 09:56:39 PM
I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)

I think It is possible, because In the future, crypto will dominate. Crypto will be needed, thats the reason why.
Activity: 784
Merit: 112
May 28, 2018, 09:44:48 PM
I agree with that crypto will replace fiat money but i think it is too long for that it will happen, with crypto business transaction will be faster ever through online and no corruption will be made with this because there is no government officials involve.
Activity: 742
Merit: 329
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 28, 2018, 09:39:46 PM
No way people will always trust their respective governments to a certain extent.

There is a big possibility that cryptocurrency might replace fiat in the near future, our technology is evolving and having fiat in the near future seems too old for a bigger technology, and that is what the majority wants, to have cryptocurrency as the currency that we are going to use in the near future for more convinient and for the new experience that we could have on using cryptocurrency as the new fiat.
Activity: 47
May 28, 2018, 09:14:10 PM
I'm not sure it will happen in the near future, because many factors cause crypto difficulties to replace fiat money, including :
1. Still the limited amount of Bitcoin in comparison to the population, will Bitcoin increase the amount?
2. If this happens there is already government intervention or ruler over the existence of crypto, I think this will be a big problem as it is against the nature of the crypto world that does not involve a third party.
3. Even though we are in the modern era, I'm sure there are still many community groups who can not access the Internet, etc. Which is the main access to become part of the world of crypto.
Activity: 27
May 28, 2018, 08:46:09 PM
No way people will always trust their respective governments to a certain extent.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
May 28, 2018, 08:41:44 PM
if crypto will replace the regular fiat money will be a question that will be answered by time but if i was to say or talk about it i will definitely say a big yes because the simple characteristic called decentralization been the major idea behind the technology is the  reason why everybody wants to get involved.
Activity: 25
May 28, 2018, 08:34:09 PM
i'm pretty sure it will become a alternative, elites of each countries won't put crypto currencies in front to replace fiat currencies.
As said, i hope citizens will chose the decentralization over everything, social media, websites, marketplace etc
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
January 28, 2018, 03:56:22 AM
It's possible to happen, but we all know that the Government always do something to avoid Cryptocurrency, if they can't, well they always issue a regulation in using CryptoCurrency it is because, Government ever since is creating a Centralized Currency, they always benefits in this kind of work, it is a Countries regulation to maintain a high income economy. Bitcoin is a choice of a person, it is a decentralized Digital currency, people can live in a fiat money even without bitcoin, but we choose bitcoin for it's decentralized beauty. It's possible, and it is Bitcoin.
Activity: 2
January 10, 2018, 03:23:53 PM
I think its not possible at this moment but if it happen then it will take many years to implementation. I think also  that if any cryptocurrency replace fait money it will bitcoin.
Activity: 40
January 10, 2018, 03:23:19 PM
Cryptocurrency and fiat currency are two very distinct currencies with different concepts and usage. With this, it can be said that one cannot replace the other. But even when crypto tends to dominate fiat in the future, it can still be said that fiat would still be in existence, to make other transactions.

Agreed... the perfect analogy is Gold vs. Fiat.  Gold used to be the main currency. But over time, Fiat came to dominate Gold. Gold never went away and it's still a haven in times of panic.

Same thing will happen to Fiat.  If Cryptos eventually come to dominate, then Fiats won't disappear, but may take a back seat.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 30
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
January 10, 2018, 03:20:30 PM
Cryptocurrency and fiat currency are two very distinct currencies with different concepts and usage. With this, it can be said that one cannot replace the other. But even when crypto tends to dominate fiat in the future, it can still be said that fiat would still be in existence, to make other transactions.
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
January 10, 2018, 03:13:32 PM
I think it can happen but it takes a lot of time. As you can see, bitcoin is thriving. There is no virtual currency that can compare to bitcoin. The bitcoin market is growing and will gradually replace other virtual currencies.
Activity: 164
January 10, 2018, 03:10:09 PM
I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)

No cryptocurrency will ever replace the fiat currency. What came up to your mind and you thought of this? Having cryptocurrency as the main currency in the world is difficult. Think about this - not all people have an access to the Internet. If fiat currency totally vanished, a lot of people will have a problem.
Activity: 532
BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE
January 10, 2018, 03:05:51 PM
No crypto cannot replace fiat money,alot of developing countries do not have access to the internet which is a requirment to access the crypto space.
Activity: 11
January 10, 2018, 02:55:39 PM
Well i guess its YES  Cheesy but  it will takes many many years before its all implemented in all over the country.

how long do you think its gonna take?
Activity: 840
Merit: 520
January 10, 2018, 02:51:52 PM
This could be yes or not. In many country bitcoin is still ban so in those countries their is no chance of bitcoin to replace their Fiat currency. In many country bitcoin declared as legal but in my opinion it can't replace the fiat money because bitcoin doesn't pay tax and some how effect the country economic too Cry. Although in this time it has highest market value, but its price is highly volatile due to this reason many people doesn't want use it. So this could be a reason that bitcoin not replace Fiat currency Undecided. Bitcoin is not globally accepted and many people still doesn't believe upon virtual money truly.  Embarrassed
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
January 09, 2018, 01:15:51 PM
I don't think it can replace Fiat, but I do think with many more crypto currencies aiming for mass adoption and offering a token that has some real life use, it has a better chance to be adopted as a new form of payment.
Activity: 489
Merit: 250
January 08, 2018, 11:02:18 PM
The development of the world raises the need for a fast, secure and confidential payment system. The payment system is a mechanism that includes the arrangements used for the delivery of payments through the exchange of values ​​between individuals, I think crypto money will not replace fiat money.

Crypto cannot replace fiat money. They are very distinct with each other. They could just go hand in hand with fiat money but not totally replace it. What will happen if internet breaks or power supply breaks? Will it mean transactions will stop either? That's why we shouldn't replace fiat with cryptocurrency alone.
Activity: 504
Merit: 105
January 08, 2018, 11:02:07 PM
It is possible but for now fiat currency is the important. Crypto will be replace that if more people invest crypto.
Pages:
Jump to: