Pages:
Author

Topic: Will crypto replace fiat money? - page 25. (Read 2052 times)

Activity: 131
Merit: 12
I am a baby to cryptocurrency~
November 21, 2017, 10:29:23 PM
IMO, the crypto will never replace fiat money. And we need to define what fiat is. People need to have/feel something on hands. And up to now, BTC is still very virtual to most of us even you have a cold wallet on your hand.  Roll Eyes
That's what is the mindset which most of the people have and it is chance for us to hold on to this key.
Activity: 693
Merit: 100
November 21, 2017, 10:23:03 PM
Cryptocurrency will not replace fiat but it will compliment it. I think it will be used by companies that need to move large transactions or an automominous smart contracts between companies. Fiat is very difficult to replace because everyone in the world would need to know how to use it and save it in those wallet. Imagine an 80 year old grandma trying to spend bitcoins at a local grocery store.
Yes. i go with the opinion that it is hard to replaced the fiat money and i think it is because of the current system that was established since ever or due to the status of internet connection in every country which have a big contributing factor of cryptocurrency. But i believe the possibility that maybe not in this generation for the cryptocurrency is the next universal money. Observed the current situation of money transfer now a days it is now starting in digital online transaction like using electronics card, debit card or in an automated teller machine, that is all done through internet. If the whole world soon become fully connected by internet then its not far that a new monetary system will rise. who knows? that a time comes that every child birth in this world will be implanted an electronic chips and it will carries all the identity and the assets including fund transfer of the bearer.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
November 21, 2017, 10:13:23 PM
Yes definitely I have no doubt a out it. This is the cyber age so a cyber currency makes sense and there already is an infrastructure and its name is bitcoin and runs on blockchain. The future is here today.It's only a matter of time before everyone jumps aboard. It might not be bitcoin but crypto for sure will be used instead of fiatin the future.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
November 21, 2017, 10:03:12 PM
I think crypto will not replace fiat money for  long time. so many government  will not allow to do so
Activity: 167
November 21, 2017, 10:00:56 PM
in my opinion, crypto currency will never replace fiat
because crypto currency can only be used with internet access, while there are still many people who do not all use the internet.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
November 21, 2017, 09:02:06 PM
i dont think that it is happing now or in 5-10 years but nothing is impossible.the way that tecnology has come up now a days you never know what will happen next Smiley i am eagerly waiting for that moment to come  Grin
Activity: 364
Merit: 256
November 21, 2017, 08:38:34 PM
I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)

Definitely no. I've read some article and it says there that it is impossible to replace the fiat of other digital cryptocurrency. It shows there also of how money dollars reserve they have and digital currency has just only few reserve so its impossible to replace it. Aside from that digital cryto is depending also on fiat. Without fiat, digital currencies are nothing.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 588
November 21, 2017, 08:25:37 PM
Everything is possible but too difficult to predict the future.
You can just speculate what's gonna be in store for us, 5, 10 years from now onwards.
Activity: 532
Merit: 255
November 21, 2017, 08:23:07 PM
No, I don`t expect  bitcoin will replace cash.
How much crypto supply now? ...
Then compare with current world population 7.582.808.383
I guess, that is dreams that cannot be fulfilled.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
November 21, 2017, 08:20:54 PM
It is too soon to tell as bitcoin is still in its infancy stage
and has yet to become mainstream and adopted by the
public.

I don't think it will replace fiat currency in at least 10 years
or more. We still have a lot to achieve and I believe this is
only the beginning of a revolution.

I agree completely. In time fiat will be replaced but scaling will take time and different ideas will be molded and implemented along the way. We will just have to wait and hope to live long enough to see what the finished product will be.
Activity: 238
November 21, 2017, 08:18:06 PM
Cryptocurrency will not replace fiat but it will compliment it. I think it will be used by companies that need to move large transactions or an automominous smart contracts between companies. Fiat is very difficult to replace because everyone in the world would need to know how to use it and save it in those wallet. Imagine an 80 year old grandma trying to spend bitcoins at a local grocery store.
Activity: 112
November 21, 2017, 08:17:27 PM
In the opinion
I think bitcoin will replace fiat. But it takes a quite long time
Because the value of this electronic currency is still rising abnormally
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
November 21, 2017, 08:16:25 PM
I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)

Anybodys guess is as good as yours because nobody really knows what the future will bring regarding cryptos and fiat. However I do like to speculate and I think that eventually (25 years roughly) that BTC will become the

dominant worldwide currency yet not sure whether it will need fiat backing or not when it comes down to it. I know we will need fiat for the next 5-10 years beyond that I am not sure it will be needed as everything is digital!
Activity: 2128
Merit: 180
November 21, 2017, 08:13:22 PM
Well i guess its YES  Cheesy but  it will takes many many years before its all implemented in all over the country.

I don't think so, fiat money will never be replace, instead cryptocurrency is just another option for us to use online and transact easily. Yes cryptocurrency is the future, but I think it will takes century before it replace fiat or never.
Activity: 994
Merit: 510
November 21, 2017, 08:11:45 PM

I think all countries will retain their own fiat currencies. Bitcoin and altcoins will just be financial tools within the world economy along with credit cards, PayPal, banks, debit cards, etc.

I think many people will begin to shift from storing money in banks to holding it in cryptocurrencies. Many cryptocurrencies also serve a specific function based on how they were developed and marketed.
Activity: 420
Merit: 119
November 21, 2017, 08:06:09 PM

For me, Bitcoin and other crypto currency can never replace fiat, because crypto currency is not that stable, and you currently can't use it without internet connection. But we can use it like the credit card, For me Crypto is just like a credit card that you can use in cashless transaction.
Activity: 952
Merit: 104
November 21, 2017, 07:30:35 PM
i believe into crypto as currency but i'm telling the truth i can't i the future of the crypto so far to replace the fiat the reason are crypto as first ditigal currency being decentralized is easy to use in any transaction i'm favor for the idea the crypto replace fiat, but for now have many country against the crypto as currency and hopefully someday crypto become legit worldwide.
Activity: 167
November 21, 2017, 07:30:04 PM
Seeing the big problems that bitcoin is facing even at this early stage of its history, it seems very difficult for me that bitcoin can become the currency that replaces the fiat money. But I also believe that technology is advancing so much that hardly fiat money will survive more than 20 years, and bitcoin is a good advance in its elimination, but there is still much to improve.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
November 21, 2017, 07:23:40 PM

This has been asked throughout the forum for so many times. Cryptocurrencies are volatile and decentralized and do you think that the government will allow something uncontrollable to get into their economy and being used as the main currency?

There will be a cashless society but it will be not with cryptocurrencies. But if this will happen, the closest and most possible coin that will be use if possible bitcoin is the most preferred.

But I don't think this will happen in the future, they might implement some cryptocurrency that is centralized so they can control it, the supply, the price and it's marketplace.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
November 21, 2017, 07:22:08 PM
I think it takes a long time if crypto wants to replace the fiat in the world. And if you look at it now then there are not many coins who have a chance to do it, I just choose Bitcoin and Etherum as a coin who has a chance to do that. we can also see that currently there is no altcoin that can show a positive trend in a continuous and stable. So the choice will only be a little and it will happen in the time that is still long enough, maybe a few decades from now and this is unlikely to happen in less than 10 years.
Pages:
Jump to: