Pages:
Author

Topic: Will crypto replace fiat money? - page 24. (Read 2052 times)

Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
November 22, 2017, 06:49:48 PM
It will be.
This world needs to be upgraded and we cannot stay with the way we are doing now.
It will get our lives more comfortable and the transactions will be faster and easier.
It is the world of the internet now and soon everything will be done with just a click away.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 269
November 22, 2017, 06:45:28 PM
BTC will not replace the legal tender, after all, legal tender has government credit. BTC does not have, and is still decentralized, so many governments have refused to use BTC, an encrypted digital currency. Hard to track, it is difficult to control money laundering is a drug crime.

Funny how you can say that bitcoin is hard to track when you can see transactions  on the blockchain clearly.  Aside from that, bitcoin is not the only cryptocurrency in the world, if government decided to make their own cryptocurrency and use it as their fiat money, then your logic is flawed, I do not think that it will be adopted soon but the possibility is high that government will issue their own cryptocurrency and thus, if that happen, we can say that crypto can replace fiat money. 
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
November 22, 2017, 11:21:16 AM
BTC will not replace the legal tender, after all, legal tender has government credit. BTC does not have, and is still decentralized, so many governments have refused to use BTC, an encrypted digital currency. Hard to track, it is difficult to control money laundering is a drug crime.
Activity: 112
Merit: 16
November 22, 2017, 09:09:04 AM
Nope, that will not happen. Think about it, when thinking about bitcoin we still talk about how much it is worth in dollars. As long as you have to define your own worth by referring to your competitor, you don't have a lot of chance to replace it.
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
November 22, 2017, 09:06:51 AM
In my opinion, it is still too early for cryptocurrencies to replace fiat. We still have to persuade people that cryptocurrencies are much safer than fiat and more convenient to use. More and more people are switching to the cashless transactions so it won't be an issue. Changing the national currency isn't an easy process. Shops and their workers will have to switch completely to a new currency which will take a lot of time.
Yeah it would take quit longer to replace FIAT circulation because is centralized and supported by government, but crypto currency is starting to evolved
and there is  bigger possibilities that it would not replace FIAT because in my belief would be it will work together because with out FIAT how can you measure the value BTC ?. I believe This two currency will co exist, BTC probably will replace gold reserved in central bank.
Activity: 275
Merit: 12
November 22, 2017, 08:59:27 AM
For me ,soo early to replace our fiat currency with crypto currency.Maybe someday it will happen.Theres a big possibility that fiat will be replaced esp. if all banks in the world will adopt the crypto for transactions.We have high technology era so nothing is impossible.
Activity: 381
Merit: 101
November 22, 2017, 08:39:39 AM
I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take. 

a decentralized cryptocurrency like bitcoin has little to no chance of "replacing" fiat which is completely centralized. which is why i think it will never happen.
but we may see in the near future, fiat change form and become more digital than it currently is. and it can use the blockchain technology and become a cryptocurrency itself but it still is going to be centralized and in control of the government and only belonging to one country not a global currency like bitcoin.

Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)
neither of these are even capable of becoming a serious currency. LTC has the best chance among them but all the rest have serious scaling issues. and BTG is a premined shitcoin.

Crypto is already replacing FIAT money. FIAT money is worthless and has no place being the world rserve currency. How can it be the universal ledger in which we all base our currencies off of it? How did we agree to this? How did we let this happen? I guess it happened slowly over thousands of years and the scam just went on and on. Well now it stops thanks tho BTC being sound money.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
November 22, 2017, 02:14:54 AM
Might be but It'll take much longer time do complete this case cause Bitcoin only can replace fiat when and only when it's legalized worldwide, but for now there are only few countries that legalized Bitcoin already so Bitcoin still can't totally replace all fiat money all over the world
I don't think so, they will make their own cryptocurrency. Many people said that bitcoin isn't good to be used by most of people in the world because it has problem in scalability.
Activity: 85
November 22, 2017, 02:14:10 AM
Crypto is quite unstable. And, governments soon or later will start control/limiting of cryptos. Monopoly of money emission is a one of the fundamental parts of the governmental institute.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
November 22, 2017, 02:11:18 AM
Might be but It'll take much longer time do complete this case cause Bitcoin only can replace fiat when and only when it's legalized worldwide, but for now there are only few countries that legalized Bitcoin already so Bitcoin still can't totally replace all fiat money all over the world
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
November 22, 2017, 01:43:51 AM
I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)

It is possible that crypto currency will replace the current fiat system but we don't know when. Alt coins are created for a specific purpose and it might be impossible for an altcoin to replace the whole fiat. Most probably Bitcoin can replace gold and may be the basis of value for all crypto currency.
Activity: 434
Merit: 104
November 22, 2017, 01:08:58 AM
No fiat is like a traditional currency that used by all of our ancestors over so many years so every countries have local currency and have a central authority. if fiat replace the crypto world will become centralized form that's a big problem the high security of our private key can known by some higher authority.   
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
November 21, 2017, 11:56:06 PM
I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take. 

a decentralized cryptocurrency like bitcoin has little to no chance of "replacing" fiat which is completely centralized. which is why i think it will never happen.
but we may see in the near future, fiat change form and become more digital than it currently is. and it can use the blockchain technology and become a cryptocurrency itself but it still is going to be centralized and in control of the government and only belonging to one country not a global currency like bitcoin.

Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)
neither of these are even capable of becoming a serious currency. LTC has the best chance among them but all the rest have serious scaling issues. and BTG is a premined shitcoin.
Activity: 588
Merit: 257
November 21, 2017, 11:48:23 PM
A currency with hundreds of years history cannot get replaced easily. Fiat currency is used almost in all countries of the world. It has reached in every part of a country. Fiat currency is quiet easy to use, generally acceptable by all merchants. Easily get exchanges with currency of any country. Require no transaction charges, Payments of small trades are comfortable with fiat currency. Cryptocurrency is the latest mode of payment and is becoming more and popular in developed nations. Requires mobile, mobile wallets. Its has its own security system. it comes in decentralised format. Though crypto have many advantages, still it is not as feasible as fiat currency.
Activity: 235
Merit: 250
November 21, 2017, 11:18:41 PM
I don't think anycoin can replace fiat money. I know cryptocurrency has many advantages but fiat money has own role in economy system.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 219
November 21, 2017, 11:14:47 PM
I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)
I dont think about that. Yeah bitcoin is really have a good benefit and still expensive value but i doubt that the fiat money will replace by the bitcoin because giat money is known by all over the world its like an international exchanger or converter. Bitcoin now is still spreading in alk over the world and some country still not legalize it and not allowed it.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 510
November 21, 2017, 11:08:24 PM
It is too soon to tell as bitcoin is still in its infancy stage
and has yet to become mainstream and adopted by the
public.

I don't think it will replace fiat currency in at least 10 years
or more. We still have a lot to achieve and I believe this is
only the beginning of a revolution.

the answer is pretty good, I completely agree with you. so many people think crypto can replace fiat money. but basically everyone still needs fiat money for up to 10 years to come.
Activity: 168
November 21, 2017, 10:51:48 PM
I doubt it, still long way to happen. We still need fiat as this is legal currency that acceptable in country still.
Crypto currency likes BTC, BTG, LTC, comes as alternative of digital transaction only, not ready for real transaction which needed instant deal. We can trading using cash and done the transaction in a min without any problem or waiting confirmation.
Activity: 151
November 21, 2017, 10:39:14 PM

Crypto is the future and it will surely take over fiat. My guess is about 15 to 20 years before it really goes mainstream to gain enough adoption to accomplish this. As far as which coin, I think Bitcoin will be the one.
Activity: 300
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
November 21, 2017, 10:36:06 PM
I think bitcoin will not easily replace fiat money, fiat money has been existed for very long time and can be accepted by veryone in the country, and has developed into my ways to make transactions.
Pages:
Jump to: