Pages:
Author

Topic: Will crypto replace fiat money? - page 23. (Read 2052 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 22
Marketplace for sensor data
January 08, 2018, 07:41:50 PM
The crypto replacement of fiat money in the future I see the very high possibility. But the only altcoin can replace fiat money, Bitcoin does not replace fiat money. Because Bitcoin's current exchange rate is high, a currency unit that does not have a circulation can not have that high price. So small altcoin coins in the future will be able to replace the cash.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
January 08, 2018, 07:36:39 PM
A cryptocurrency is as much an investment as it is a utility to perform transactions. A vast majority of the world’s population deals in only one currency – their local currency, and the intention of using this currency is purely as a payment utility and not as an investment instrument. If one were to use a cryptocurrency, there is no central authority to execute stability measures and bring things into control when there is a crash. There is no centrally covered insurance on the accounts/wallets. The users will see their wealth erode quickly and will have no backstop or insurance to save their monetary assets.
Activity: 252
Merit: 14
Marketplace for sensor data
January 08, 2018, 07:35:41 PM
Saying that crypto replaces fiat money at the moment I think is a bit premature. Currently, the cryptocurrency market is very potent but can not completely replace the offline currency, predicted the next 20 years when crypto popularity, fiat money decline in exchange rates, then it is certainly crypto will be preferred in the transaction by everyone.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
January 08, 2018, 07:30:34 PM
I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)
not at all simply because of its system were transactions are decentralized, government can't regulate or control cryptocurrency which makes it invalid to become a national currency but I believe countries might release their own crypto in the future.
Activity: 134
Merit: 10
January 08, 2018, 07:29:06 PM
It will replace money only when the governments and the big banks behind them will decide that so it should be. And of course they will have control. This is the unfortunate reality.
Activity: 588
Merit: 101
January 08, 2018, 07:10:41 PM
There will be no substitute between fiat and cryptocurrency. Both are complementary, despite the times have advanced, we still need offline transactions. Many areas have not reached the development of technology. What if there is no internet network?

Well, lots of profitable altcoin, just need to wait for boom time. I suggest XLM and ETH.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
January 08, 2018, 05:45:43 PM
i guess its YES but only possible if crypto reforms the whole world and society . it will takes many  years
Activity: 238
January 08, 2018, 05:25:04 PM
I would like to know if cryptocurrency will replace fiat money in the future,  also if so how long it will likely take.  Also,  I would like to know which coin you think would take over if one will.  (E.G. Dogecoin,  BTG, LTC, XMR)

I cannot freaking understand why a lot of people really want bitcoin to replace cash. It is just stupid. Just try amd think how many things are involved with this idea. How lany people will get hit by this happening. If you do this, you will see that we are so far from being ready to have something like this happen. And is even more likely to be impossibl why not just use both? Why make thing more complicated when it cam be a whole lot easier? Tss -.-
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
January 08, 2018, 04:30:00 PM
Will it replace current, or has it already?  The mass media and even fake news are reporting on us now. The secret is out, hope you all HODL'd  Cool
Activity: 70
January 08, 2018, 04:20:19 PM
NO, this is impossible. But will take a huge part of world money holdings in next 5 years
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
January 05, 2018, 02:58:34 AM
yes, I am sure that if everyone knows about the virtual currency, then they will leave the fiat, but because they do not understand the technology and the limited knowledge, so they can only talk without taking action.
and it looks like they will go to other altcoins like BTG, BCH, ETH.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
January 05, 2018, 02:52:32 AM
maybe in the future but it will take time and also when all countries accept it.for now some countries ban bitcoin/cryptocurrency but others accept it which is a good thing for future development of bitcoin/cryptocurrency.
Good, more people starting to understand that it will take some work for Bitcoin, and cryptos in general, to become something that will be of high quality for the general populace to use as a replacement for their current means of paying for goods and services.

What I'm saying is that it will probably take Bitcoin getting to a point where it is as simple and easy to use as a credit card for it to really catch on with the general population; once that happens you'll likely see a shift in popularity among people using it more in their daily life than what most are currently doing, and that might be the big "shift" for cryptos to begin (unofficially) replacing fiat. But governments will likely make sure that never happens no matter how hard they try.
Activity: 532
November 22, 2017, 08:51:10 PM
maybe in the future but it will take time and also when all countries accept it.for now some countries ban bitcoin/cryptocurrency but others accept it which is a good thing for future development of bitcoin/cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 541
November 22, 2017, 08:24:34 PM

Very unlikely for now. It may happen in distant future, but for now and 5-10 years ahead, not gonna happen. Even Bitcoin isn't legalized yet, some countries even banning anything related to Bitcoin, let alone "cryptocurrency replacing fiat". My short(-er) term goal for Bitcoin is getting legalized and regulated loosely by most country. Once we have a clear legal base on Bitcoin, many more conventional financial institution will start jumping in and pouring some money into the ecosystem.

What coin is more likely to take over? Obviously Bitcoin, the one and only. When will it completely take over fiat? Very far from now, might also won't happen at all. It would need a major change in the current global economic system for that to happen. I just can't see that happen. But if it does, I'll be very happy. That means the world are moving further and advancing to a better state.
Activity: 616
Merit: 102
November 22, 2017, 08:15:49 PM
There's no telling if it will or not replace fiat. No one can predict the future anyway. There's only probability. However no one have make an extensive research about cryto replacing fiat. Thus we could not determined the probability.
Activity: 805
Merit: 250
November 22, 2017, 07:55:51 PM
I really don't think it would happen. Even though cryptocurrencies will fully establish but then, not all of us are using this and also establishment accepting this kind of currencies. Anyway, there is nothing get troubled if we use both fiat and crypto. Atleast we have an options which one is preferable for us to used in a transactions we made. And besides, having both of them can made our life easier and it will give satisfaction to everyone.
copper member
Activity: 69
November 22, 2017, 07:47:55 PM
I think of it more as a supplement to money, but it may crowd out Fiat inherently.
Activity: 275
Merit: 104
November 22, 2017, 07:37:55 PM
I don’t think cryptocurrency will replace fiat currency. There will be a lot of adjustments before that happens like giving every person in the world an access to the internet network or cryptocurrency can be used offline. If there’s something that would really do that then that would be Bitcoin.
Activity: 336
November 22, 2017, 07:27:54 PM
I cannot foretell as easy. Maybe it needs to condition our mind and make case study before implentation of bitcoin as new currency. I believe there is a big potential of bitcoin to replace as currency because bitcoin features/characteristics  are very essential in humans life..
Activity: 602
Merit: 116
November 22, 2017, 06:58:14 PM
In my opinion, it is still too early for cryptocurrencies to replace fiat. We still have to persuade people that cryptocurrencies are much safer than fiat and more convenient to use. More and more people are switching to the cashless transactions so it won't be an issue. Changing the national currency isn't an easy process. Shops and their workers will have to switch completely to a new currency which will take a lot of time.

What will happen in future depends on governments. If they decide to replace fiat money with cryptocurrencies, all the people will also accept it and will use it. But I don't think governments are interested in cryptocurrencies.
Pages:
Jump to: