Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Ethereum fail if Vitalik dies? - page 10. (Read 4061 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 1
November 09, 2018, 12:41:28 AM
I dont think so, its like bitcoin when satoshi nakamoto abandon bitcoin it doesnt fail infact bitcoin is getting progress in every year. Thats why if Vitalik will die ethereum will survive and continous to grow and progressing in the future.
Activity: 686
Merit: 39
November 09, 2018, 12:38:06 AM
We allready know Apple and Steve Jobs. Apple still huge company, lider. IN MY opinion ETHEREUM will continue growth

You're right. Apple is still the leading company in smartphone industry after Steve Jobs death. Same goes with ethereum. The ethereum price may be declined so hard if Vitalik died but the project won't fail. Ethereum has a big community that will help the continuation of ethereum's development.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”
November 08, 2018, 11:56:18 PM
We allready know Apple and Steve Jobs. Apple still huge company, lider. IN MY opinion ETHEREUM will continue growth
Activity: 1876
Merit: 289
Zawardo
November 08, 2018, 11:51:09 PM
I don't think ethereum will big dump if Vitalik is dead maybe down a little, ethereum will continue running I'm sure of that because many people like eth and I'm sure they will replace a good leader.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
November 08, 2018, 11:40:59 PM
I think the price will dump dramatically in this case but then it will go back as soon as people understand that ethereum project will live in any case. Vitalik is not the only person here who develops this project. He is just the one who most of the people know as the founder. But I don't think that ethereum can't live without him.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 1217
November 08, 2018, 11:22:17 PM
In my opinion, even if something happens to Vitalik, which of course would not be very desirable, then Ethereum will be able to fully develop together with the team that he has!
I agree, although Vitalik has an important role in the development of ethereum, still if he dies, surely there will also be someone who can replace his position, although later the price of ethereum must fall first

Yes... that is the way I think about it as well. Ethereum is not a one man army, at least now. There are a lot of competent developers out there who can sort out the bugs and issues. But the price is going to crash quite heavily.
Activity: 406
Merit: 14
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
November 08, 2018, 11:18:44 PM
In my opinion, even if something happens to Vitalik, which of course would not be very desirable, then Ethereum will be able to fully develop together with the team that he has!
I agree, although Vitalik has an important role in the development of ethereum, still if he dies, surely there will also be someone who can replace his position, although later the price of ethereum must fall first
Activity: 1484
Merit: 101
November 08, 2018, 11:16:27 PM
Yes, if he dies it will drastically reduce the price for some time being but that will not be the end of Ethereum. Vitalik is not the only one behind Ethereum, there are many developers working behind the scene that we do not really know them and they will not abandon the project.

I think not, ethereum has complete, there is no debug or error when using ethereum, if Vitalik die certainly does not have any impact on ethereum, the proof is that everyone can make ethereum based tokens without permission so that it becomes a good opportunity in the future.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
November 08, 2018, 11:09:02 PM
Should cause fall for a short while, but ethereum certainly won't die, there will be someone else who would take over.
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
November 08, 2018, 11:02:03 PM
Maybe ethereuem right now have die without Vitalik still live, look how drop of ethereum price more than three months and never got higher price, how to make ethereum could growing back again to higher price.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
November 08, 2018, 10:55:51 PM
The past has proven that vitalik is a crucial part in ethereums success. When the rumours came the first time around the prices crashed super badly. Hence, I think ethereum will fall if he dies.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
November 08, 2018, 10:38:39 PM
Ethereum may be his brainchild but do not think it is really dependent upon him only. Just like any business goes on with CEOs changing, Ethereum will go on with or without Vitalik.

Yes. Ethereum might survive after Vitalik's death, especially since there's a lot of money invested into it. There are a lot of developers and ordinary people supporting this smart contract platform, which means that it'll be hard to take down anytime soon. Given the level of popularity Ethereum has gained over just a couple of years after launch, it could be said that it's similar to Bitcoin in every way. Of course, something as tragic as Vitalik's death would cause the price per ETH to fall, but it should be a matter of time before the market recovers.

There are still a lot of things to be done, and while Vitalik is still alive, Ethereum could take the right step into becoming a smart contract platform that's unstoppable. In fact, Ethereum is already unstoppable since it has a lot of hashpower supporting the security of its blockchain. With the transition from PoW to PoS, things are going to become even better for Ethereum. Therefore, I don't think that Vitalik's death should be any reason to worry if there's a replacement that would help the project move on to new heights. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 826
Merit: 11
November 08, 2018, 07:01:50 AM
What do you think will happen with Ethereum if Vitalik Buterin's death is confirmed? Will the price crash and the project fail? Or would it continue to grow into infinity and beyond? I'm concerned about this, since previously, there were rumors about Vitalik's death which caused the price of Ethereum to fall drastically within the cryptocurrency market. Fortunately, Vitalik showed proof that he was alive, which calmed the downfall of Ethereum's price.

However, if Vitalik dies, many things could happen either good or bad. Perhaps, Ethereum may fall if Vitalik dies, because he's been leading the project every step of the way. By not having a leader, the Ethereum project will disorientate itself into oblivion, IMO. Nonetheless, what are your thoughts about this? Roll Eyes

I don't think ethereum will fail in case Vitalik will suddenly die because I'm pretty sure he has someone whom he will pass on and entrust his entire legacy be it his money and other very important things that will make his name still alive even when his gone.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
November 08, 2018, 06:49:12 AM
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
November 08, 2018, 06:30:27 AM
At the last conference, there was a very warm and positive atmosphere that inspired confidence in the future of the project. Now I think that it is worth waiting for the upcoming update of the network, it will determine how the future fate of the project will develop.
Do not prematurely write off with Vitaly counts.
Activity: 798
Merit: 263
November 07, 2018, 03:01:20 PM
Ethereum may be his brainchild but do not think it is really dependent upon him only. Just like any business goes on with CEOs changing, Ethereum will go on with or without Vitalik.
Activity: 795
Merit: 108
November 07, 2018, 02:58:26 PM
I'm a fan of Ethereum, i will still believe whatever happens to ethereum. They still have a community and are not only focused on one person, So in my opinion, ethereum will continue to grow and continue to grow. Lots of people take advantage of this opportunity to buy it at current prices.
copper member
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
Am KOFIY!
November 07, 2018, 02:40:19 PM
Yes, if he dies it will drastically reduce the price for some time being but that will not be the end of Ethereum. Vitalik is not the only one behind Ethereum, there are many developers working behind the scene that we do not really know them and they will not abandon the project.
Activity: 1946
Merit: 112
November 07, 2018, 02:01:58 PM
I think this is absurd. And here the news about the death of Vitaly Buterin to the rate of Etherium? I think this is pure manipulation. You write if there is no cryptocurrency leader, then there will be no cryptocurrency itself. And what do you say about bitcoin? Where is this mysterious founder of bitcoin? And maybe it is not at all, or it is a completely different person or even a group of people. After all, this does not affect the price of bitcoin! I believe that the point is not the founders, namely, the cryptocurrency itself and its platform. My opinion is better and more useful than the Etherium platform yet and it is unlikely that we will see soon. Based on this, I can conclude that Etherium will grow. As for Vitalik Buterin and news about his death. I wish him health and long life and I think that you should not do such comparisons.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 1217
November 07, 2018, 01:24:45 PM
Vitalik is a very important person as far as Ethereum is concerned. But now that currency has grown much bigger than the wildest dreams of Vitalik. There are hundreds or thousands of developers and so Vitalik is not some one who cannot be replaced.
Pages:
Jump to: