Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Ethereum fail if Vitalik dies? - page 8. (Read 4061 times)

Activity: 298
Merit: 11
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
November 13, 2018, 04:14:09 PM
I don't think so. Any alternate coin should not be dependent on just one guy. It made no sense if it does as crypto currency should be available to anyone. Monopoly shouldn't be practice on any form of investment and crypto is not an exemption. Also, if Vitalik dies, I believe that his assets are already set to be transferred to any person he desired.
Activity: 487
Merit: 10
November 13, 2018, 04:10:49 PM
I doubt his death news will affect ethereum on the long run because he has set up a foundational institute to desearch and development of Ethereum. So ethereum will actually become his legacy to the free world and it will grow from strength because structures have already be designed and put in place to enable steady growth
Activity: 434
Merit: 38
November 13, 2018, 04:08:02 PM
I think that in such a scenario, ether will have an initial dump in price but then it will recover. The Ethereum platform will go on regardless of the founder. It's a foundation with many developers working there.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
November 13, 2018, 04:04:00 PM
Apple did not fail. Eth won't
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
November 13, 2018, 04:02:34 PM
If Vitalik dies, I think it shouldn't have serious effect on the architecture and protocol of ethereum since ethereum is open source and well decentralized platform, I believe development will continue and ethereum platform will keep getting better!
Activity: 1022
Merit: 535
November 13, 2018, 03:59:58 PM
vitalik is the main factor in ethereum's raise. nobody can say the opposite. he is clever and enough active in the ecosystem. i dont think the project dies aswell if vitalik dies but it loose so much strength for sure.
Activity: 378
November 13, 2018, 03:56:32 PM
I do not believe that ETH will die at the same time as its main developer. It seems to me that this system is independent and will be able to develop without the first founders.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
November 13, 2018, 03:53:27 PM
Honestly a very weird thing to discuss but logical because human physiology is undeniable ! I Think it will weaken the position but once we know the name of the new Director the price will rise ! Such a giant should always have an influential representative !
Activity: 201
Merit: 1
November 13, 2018, 01:55:16 PM
If Vitalik's death is true, I don't think it will have much effect on Eth. I'm sure Vitalik has thought about all that. He must have prepared and appointed a team to continue in Eth's development if he later died. And he is sure will pass on to their children to continue what he has built. That way, I'm sure Eth will last even more.
Activity: 643
Merit: 253
November 13, 2018, 01:23:51 PM
The discussion about this might be one of the most viral for crypto currencies, because we know that Vitalik is the most important behind the success of Ethereum, but I feel that even if he dies or withdraws from Ethereum, it will no longer have an impact , I've seen him in an interview and he said that Ethereum will remain strong even without him.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 250
November 13, 2018, 01:11:25 PM
What do you think will happen with Ethereum if Vitalik Buterin's death is confirmed? Will the price crash and the project fail? Or would it continue to grow into infinity and beyond? I'm concerned about this, since previously, there were rumors about Vitalik's death which caused the price of Ethereum to fall drastically within the cryptocurrency market. Fortunately, Vitalik showed proof that he was alive, which calmed the downfall of Ethereum's price.

However, if Vitalik dies, many things could happen either good or bad. Perhaps, Ethereum may fall if Vitalik dies, because he's been leading the project every step of the way. By not having a leader, the Ethereum project will disorientate itself into oblivion, IMO. Nonetheless, what are your thoughts about this? Roll Eyes
Your question is similar to "will the price of bitcoin drop when satoshi nakamoto leaves the project?"
I think not. As long as the project he creates has its own qualities and uniqueness that can benefit people, then the project will still be in the hearts of people. There may even be a next successor who will replace Vitalik if he dies.
Activity: 248
November 13, 2018, 01:05:13 PM
What do you think will happen with Ethereum if Vitalik Buterin's death is confirmed? Will the price crash and the project fail? Or would it continue to grow into infinity and beyond? I'm concerned about this, since previously, there were rumors about Vitalik's death which caused the price of Ethereum to fall drastically within the cryptocurrency market. Fortunately, Vitalik showed proof that he was alive, which calmed the downfall of Ethereum's price.

However, if Vitalik dies, many things could happen either good or bad. Perhaps, Ethereum may fall if Vitalik dies, because he's been leading the project every step of the way. By not having a leader, the Ethereum project will disorientate itself into oblivion, IMO. Nonetheless, what are your thoughts about this? Roll Eyes

The Ethereum blockchain programs development was the hand work of a team of blockchain experts including Vitalik Buterin, and it's an open source, I don't think Vitalik death alone only one among the team could cause a major drop on the price of Ethereum because vitalik Buterin name has no demand and supply functions which are the determinants of crypto market price.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
November 13, 2018, 12:55:42 PM
Vitalik was the mind behind ethereum, however, it was created by a team of professionals, not by Vitalik alone. So, I think ethereum will still survive even if Vatalik dies one day. It can still be developed and improved by the team. It depends on the ethereum supporters whether they will panic sell just because Vitalik is gone or not.
OTC
Activity: 196
November 13, 2018, 12:38:13 PM
There's no doubt that vitalik has contributed a lot into ethereum. However, ethereum will not fail even if vitalik dies. Ethereum will continue to survive. It has a great potential.
Activity: 851
Merit: 254
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
November 13, 2018, 03:08:43 AM
I'm not sure if ETH's Viatil will collapse.
we have to see first about the successor of Vitalik, are there any future generations or not?
If there is, then I'm not worried at all.
Activity: 420
November 13, 2018, 02:41:57 AM

No one will argue - Vitalik has really made a huge contribution to the successful development of the modern crypto community. Personally, I am very grateful to him for the tremendous work for the successful development of cryptography. But even after his departure, Ethereum will be able to maintain its strategy of stable and successful development.
Activity: 532
November 13, 2018, 01:15:42 AM
Vitalik indeed became an important figure behind the ethereum and she has a great influence on the success of the ethereum. If he goes it will be depending on whether the teams behind them are able to work stable and retaining the ethereum be altcoin at best. However, it also seems difficult to sustain without an important figure like Vitalik.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
November 12, 2018, 12:58:49 PM
I didn't know that Vitalik was about to die... or are we talking in a supposed case? if so, projects as solid as eth are always created by several people, so I doubt very much that everything falls apart due to the death of one person, you only have to look at all the big companies that have been in the market for centuries and generations.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
November 12, 2018, 12:55:02 PM
If this happens the price of ETH will drop dramatically. But the whole ETH network is not only held on Vitalik Buterin. There are other team members who will continue to develop the project. And the price will return to the previous level and will continue to grow. No, not replaceable people. Just as after the death of Steve Jobs, Apple continued its journey, and remained one of the most expensive companies in the world.

You do have a point there, mate. If Apple could survive even after Steve Jobs' death, then Ethereum could survive after Vitalik's death. Compared with Apple, Ethereum is a decentralized entity which has millions of people working on it. This means that, the project could evolve over time with or without Vitalik. On the other hand, Apple is centralized and could easily fail if there isn't anybody capable of making the company succeed. Not everyone could join to help such entity survive, which means that it's easier for it to fail in the long term.

As such, if Apple did it without Jobs, then Ethereum could do it without Buterin. It's believed that Ethereum will become more scalable and widely adopted by people in the mainstream world as time goes by. Of course, once the devastating news of Vitalik's death appears across mainstream media, prices will fall. However, just like with any other cryptocurrency, prices will rise again due to continued interest from everyday people.

Nonetheless, Ethereum will become as strong as Bitcoin in the future. The only difference would be that Ethereum will be used for various purposes, while Bitcoin will be used only as a store of value. Just my thoughts Grin
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
November 11, 2018, 07:08:49 AM
Without doubts Vitalik Buterin's death will strongly affect the price of a coin and its further development. But I don't think that the coin will die together with him forever.
If the project is correctly built, no death of Buterin will be able to bury Ethereum. The work at ETH team established, is not this ever the Ethereum Scam.  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: