Author

Topic: Will ICO die in 2018? - page 117. (Read 11540 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 10
January 25, 2018, 09:18:29 PM
I do not think that it will begin to die, as many new ICO projects are launched, people are trying to realize their ideas and from this they will become even more
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
January 25, 2018, 08:26:05 PM
I see no reason for the death of ICO in 2018. Perhaps they will be less, but not necessary. Maybe there will be more if China again allows ICO.
People still see this as easy money and every year more and more people learn about the cryptocurrency.
Even if large countries suddenly ban ICO, I do not think that it will seriously hamper. It is always possible to launch ICO under a different jurisdiction.
Activity: 375
Merit: 100
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
January 25, 2018, 07:50:06 PM
I do not think that the ICO will end up because ICO is not a bad thing thus it is a good thing because it helps the ICO to promote thier ICO and lastly i will never end because this is where advertise their name and promote it to others so they can invest to thier ICO
Activity: 630
Merit: 252
January 25, 2018, 07:47:24 PM
I think the answer to this question is direct no. ICOs will not die. Unless new systems are introduced with the aim of collecting investment for new projects that will use and develop Blockchain technology. How to do an organization outside of Ico where people from all over the world will send crypto money to invest through blockchain.
Activity: 366
January 25, 2018, 07:45:41 PM
More cryptocurrency projects has been getting developed than the past days leading to more ico's. In specific this will continue as we're in the early days of cryptocurrency getting more popularity around the world. Compared to the past years now bitcoin has reached more people as new portals have started showing news regarding bitcoin quite often.
Activity: 235
January 25, 2018, 07:39:21 PM
At the moment ICO succeed because of the fantasy in people's mind that they will become rich by buying their tokens. Now the options are two: either some project starts to deliver real value and investors start to earn real money - which is the fruit of dividends and not just speculation, or indeed the people may start to boycott ICOs and they may well die out...
Activity: 154
January 25, 2018, 07:35:08 PM
I think that in 2018 we will see a huge number of new ICO. Perhaps there will be mechanisms that will make participation in ICO more protected from scammers.
I also thought and I think that the ICO will not go anywhere, except that it will only gain some proofs of the state regulator, but in no case more than that and with the passage of time it will be harder to find a worthy project.
Activity: 211
January 25, 2018, 07:27:48 PM
No, ICO will never die in 2018. Think of the positive impact of ICO. ICO helps promotes cryptocurrencies and it also helps that we have other altcoin options. Just be cautious of scammers which offers new coins. It is a good ICO if he has these, check the whitepaper, companies or well-known personality supports ICO and the team involved the project itself are composed of well-respected persons.
Activity: 252
January 25, 2018, 07:09:18 PM
ICO might be regulated more in 2018 and the hype around ICO might start fading, when some 2016 ICOs are not meeting their roadmap and drive away certain investor. But I think the chance for ICO to be completely off is very rare, it still remain one of the most effective way of money raising for start ups. I think that 2018 is the year that investor will be more picky on ICO and star projects like Hadron and Swapy will continue to shine.
Activity: 868
Merit: 108
January 25, 2018, 06:56:32 PM
I don't think ICO will die this year.. Private Constitution and Venture capital or even Government authorities will join the club to create TOKEN they are amaze on blockchain on how it will change the economy problem. Which we are facing now! ofcourse money flows thru digital asset and all of us are going to be rich after a year because we are early adopter and i'm pretty sure that one of you are holding your favorite coins.
Activity: 294
Merit: 103
January 25, 2018, 06:49:23 PM
Dont think it will happen as long there is greed and icos that are paying of nicely to their initial investors,we might see smaller number of them as that area gets regulated and there are less scam projects but not total shutdown
Activity: 672
Merit: 144
January 25, 2018, 06:32:17 PM
I don't think it will die in 2018 with look of things, many ico have started this year and they have succeeded in doing that, they have had a big and huge contribution and successful one.
and yet ico will soon cease, as the crypto currency will enter all spheres of human activity and on this all their Voyage will cease. Therefore, 2018 may be the peak for the number of projects.
Activity: 392
Merit: 253
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
January 25, 2018, 06:10:33 PM
Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.
ICO will probably survive and become even more matured and regulated. I would say ICO is the killer app of the blockchain right now. The old world's model, IPO, suffers multiple problems including high cost, high barrier, time-consuming, etc. ICO, on the other hand, provides anyone in this world a chance to fund his or her project in a low-cost, fast and easy way, which is super amazing, so to speak.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 102
January 25, 2018, 06:01:39 PM
I don't think it will die in 2018 with look of things, many ico have started this year and they have succeeded in doing that, they have had a big and huge contribution and successful one.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
January 25, 2018, 05:18:30 PM
I think 2018 will be big for ICOS unless some stupid countries bring restrictions over it.
Activity: 350
January 25, 2018, 04:27:16 PM
I think that as long as there is investment in the crypto currency, they will exist. At the end of 2017 the number of ICO increased, in 2018 their number will grow, although some fraudulent projects.
Activity: 154
Merit: 2
January 25, 2018, 04:15:53 PM
I think no! Because this is not only a good way to earn, but also an opportunity to realize your project! Despite the large number of scammers!
Activity: 148
Merit: 10
January 25, 2018, 04:10:08 PM
Well I doubt that ICO's will die, they earn money to the founders of ICO + investors mostly in worst case scenario double their money.
So it's in no ones interest for ICO's to die, but probabbly new concept that Vitalik introduced will be applied DAICO.
But time will tell.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
January 25, 2018, 04:06:36 PM
Ico wont die, indeed there are a bunch of ICO s lately and some of them are scam but the legit ones, the ones with a real team, a real project they are gonna live on. Maybe there will be a system thats gonna help regulating it
Activity: 294
Merit: 22
January 25, 2018, 04:05:27 PM
I wish this would't happen, lots of people make money from ICO and yes it's true some ICO's was scam and not all.
Jump to: