Author

Topic: Will ICO die in 2018? - page 118. (Read 11540 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101
dApps Development Automation Platform
January 25, 2018, 04:03:28 PM
No, ICO will not die this year. But it seems to me that there will be some body of control over these projects. They became very numerous and many of them are scammers.
Activity: 686
Merit: 260
January 25, 2018, 04:00:07 PM
In this age of technology, I don't think ICO will die in the soonest. What I mean is that, as the year adds another count, that also means that another advancement in technology will be witnessed by the the world. Therefore, ICO will be more powerful than what it was last 2017. We have to admit that people are now being conquered by the internet and so, the use of ICOs are highly established and are being used by more and more people. For me, ICO will not just stay alive but shall be imparted in the everyday transaction of people especially those are looking for best investments nowadays.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
January 25, 2018, 03:53:46 PM
I think that in 2018 we will see a huge number of new ICO. Perhaps there will be mechanisms that will make participation in ICO more protected from scammers.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
January 25, 2018, 04:33:03 AM
Nope and never will be, this year will be huge for upcoming ICOs. More and more ICOs are opening everyday but those with a lot of potential, good future, good projects and have a great team will huge this year. 2018 is will be the year of ICO.
Activity: 126
January 25, 2018, 03:44:47 AM
I hope the ICO craze will end soon.

I don't think cryptos should be mixed with startups/kickstarters. Cryptos should be trustless, transparent and decentralized, ICOs are none of those things so using a blockchain platform doesn't really offer any benefits to them, in fact just giving a bad name to cryptos.

But a lot of crypto-newbies gamble with them thinking they know what they're doing and that crypto is all about pumping and dumping random "projects". These people ignore, or not even aware what crypto stands for and just giving a bad name to it. And they will eventually get burned and hate cryptos altogether. Profits aren't made from nothing, it comes from other people's losses.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
January 25, 2018, 03:43:54 AM
I think that a significant part of the ICOs will die in 2018 because they will not withstand the competition of other cryptocurrencies. However, those ICOs which are left will be actually succeed.
Activity: 336
January 25, 2018, 03:34:18 AM
ICO will not end or die this year or after and this is the reason why almost ICO owner are taking full measure by implement the KYC/AML so that the government can support their. However, Belarus have legalized everything related to crypto currency.

As I see it, ICO will not die this year. However, as we can see, more and more countries start to think about forbidding these projects: most of ICO turn to be bubbles and investors lose money. I think a new scheme of regulating it can appear.
Activity: 266
Merit: 11
January 24, 2018, 09:47:46 PM
Scammers.... They ruin the ICO. Yesterday I read article and according that 10% of ICO investment stolen by scammers. I think we need better mechanism to identify real from scammers.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
January 24, 2018, 09:47:28 PM
Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.
ICO will not die , though some countries have banned ico to their people , most of countries have not done like this.
That means most of countries are not against this kind of money raising.
Activity: 322
January 24, 2018, 09:41:50 PM
Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.

The only problem with ico's are some of the developers who are not paying the correct amount of altcoins to their participants and because of that, it is affecting the other image of icos who are just starting to promote their coin and wants to earn investors.
copper member
Activity: 123
Merit: 4
January 24, 2018, 09:21:00 PM
ICO's wont die since they are a great way to raise revenue for startups Internationally without having to go through the bureaucratic and expensive process of an IPO, or beg to angel investors... Bounty campaigns however with all their spam? Maybe ;p
Activity: 2254
Merit: 258
January 24, 2018, 09:20:31 PM
There are a lot of good and legitimate companies that set up ico in fact some of them are highly successful now in the market, but the scammers seeing how easy it is easy to generate funds, imitate this project by setting up bogus ico with bogus team behind it.
Activity: 448
Merit: 130
3D-Printing goes Blockchain!
January 24, 2018, 09:11:37 PM
Actually, i really don’t think this is going to happen in 2018. On the contrary i think we’ll see a few good Ico this year but it may die in a few years..
Activity: 70
January 24, 2018, 08:08:41 PM
It depends on how they do it- if the ICO is a full sale with just a white paper and some vague promises- I think they're already dead, except for the gullible. If on the other hand, it's split into multiple rounds, linked to delivery with clear proof of progress, then it's here to stay- it's already killing the traditional Venture Capital model, and that's actually not a terrible thing.
Activity: 294
January 24, 2018, 07:57:42 PM
ICO in current form can` t be the Future of crowdfunding and raising funds for sure. And certainly because of millions of projects, which just could make normal PR, took money and simply scammed (Benebit is the last great example).Investor`s trust will decrease every month , and there will be a lot of scams more, 100%. The idea of ICO is great, but this way becomes very unreliable, and this is really important for big investors. Because of it, V. Buterin made the new version, DAICO, you can check it, some great changes will come soon, this system, firstly, can give much more safety. And if we get safety and confidence in future projects, 2018 will be the great year for new technologies
Activity: 504
A New Exchange Era
January 24, 2018, 07:39:49 PM
I really like the idea of ICO. After all, if there is a good idea, but there is no money to implement, why not to invite investors? All in the win: both the first and the second. But in this case it is necessary for the team to keep a constant report on the expenditure of this money. Now ICO is a speculative tool. Projects ask much more than they need. But this does not excite anyone.
Shortly speaking, in 2018 ICO will still live, but most likely will undergo some changes.
Activity: 72
January 24, 2018, 06:49:42 PM
i dont think ICOs will dieo ly that that wheat will be separated from the chaff susatainable ICOs will continue,  just like e-chat ICO that is already in d 3rd stage.  check it out at https://echat.io
Activity: 291
Merit: 101
https://icoenergy.org/
January 24, 2018, 06:46:14 PM
I don't think so, ICO is just still starting and I think its success will be these year. but anything can happen because we doesn't know what will happen in the future. lets just hope that good thing will be in favor of ICO's
Activity: 1036
Merit: 250
January 24, 2018, 06:20:24 PM
I believe that in 2018 we will be able to see many interesting projects and teams ready to organize their own ICO. The ICO process is only developing.
We are at the very beginning of a long journey.
Activity: 207
January 24, 2018, 05:43:17 PM
As long as the ICOs projects offer real world solutions, I don't see why they should dissapear anytime soon, just as any alt coin.
Jump to: