Author

Topic: Will ICO die in 2018? - page 120. (Read 11540 times)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10
January 23, 2018, 06:48:59 PM
Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.
ICOs may change in name, but the will remain and the volume raised may decrease in 2018, but certainly not disappear. ICOs, ITOs, ITEs or whatever you want to call them have transformed and look at the raising capital for building out existing solutions and funding new projects. There's ain't
no going back now

We can't predict when is the end of ICO. Because were just the user not the owner. And if the day will come that ICO will end we can't do anything but be thankful for the help that ICO gived on us.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
January 23, 2018, 06:30:48 PM
Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.
ICOs may change in name, but the will remain and the volume raised may decrease in 2018, but certainly not disappear. ICOs, ITOs, ITEs or whatever you want to call them have transformed and look at the raising capital for building out existing solutions and funding new projects. There's ain't
no going back now
Activity: 51
Merit: 1
January 23, 2018, 06:08:47 PM
Nope, i don't think that the ICO will end in 2018. ICO is the place where many people get their huge profit. But in some county's ico will get ban or regulated. For example, Russia in summer maybe will regulate ICO.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
January 23, 2018, 05:44:54 PM
Yes, the current situation with the ICO is a little frustrating. In this sphere, many scammers appeared. If a company enters the ICO with a finished product, this greatly increases the chances of not being deceived by investors.
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
January 23, 2018, 01:41:26 PM
I suppose that ICOs in 2018 will move to a new level. The amount of project will be reduced, but the quality should be improved for sure. Moreover I guess that in 2018 ETH will share the place of the top ICO platform with NEM, NEO and other projects.
I also think that this year the ICO should reach a new qualitative level. Simply investors become more experienced, this part of the market is also developing and no one will repeat the same mistakes.
      I also hope that on the platform of the new Ethereum Zero coin, ICO will also be conducted and they will also differ from the previous ones for the better.
Activity: 90
Merit: 1
January 23, 2018, 01:10:06 PM
It is obvious that ICO`s in 2018 are gonna need to be more qualitative and promise something more to people than the previous ones.
Activity: 182
Merit: 19
January 23, 2018, 12:59:11 PM
Its already 2018 so there is nothing like ICO will die in 2018. Now a days its growing and even new ICO are coming. So i don't think ICO will die.
Activity: 391
Merit: 100
January 23, 2018, 12:45:50 PM
I don't think so because as time goes by more and more people are investing in ICO although there are also lot of scams we should be very careful to where we invest our money. But there are promising ICO which are legitimate and have a real potential in their projects. ICO are new trend for big investment we just need to be careful and i know that someday it will grow and become successful. so there is no possibility that it will die anytime soon.

I agree, the potentiality of ICOs are strong enough to make it 2018 another door for new investors. I don’t think that ICO will die in 2018, what I’m actually seeing is that more people would be interested in ICOs. But we must still keep in mind that we have to make sure that our investments would be on good and legitimate projects
Activity: 420
Merit: 103
January 23, 2018, 12:40:13 PM
Let us not assume things like this. It is just the beginning of this year and assuming something so horrible jut because it started that way is not healthy for our minds. There are even more bigger dumps way back and coins were able to recover. Let us just all wait for their recovery and let us be patient. Coins will not die because there are still several people supporting them.
Activity: 127
January 23, 2018, 12:31:38 PM
One of the problems can be the procedure of customer identification (KYC). Most investors tend to anonymity of their personality. Because of this, future projects may lose potential investors.
I think it is not a big problem for ICO, because more than 95% of investors do not hide their person, so KYC will quickly become a compulsory
stage in all campaigns.

KYC should be conducted for the security of the investors and other participants like venture capitals and corporations. This will make ICO even more secure compared to current unknown situation.
Activity: 203
January 23, 2018, 12:21:11 PM
I don't think so because as time goes by more and more people are investing in ICO although there are also lot of scams we should be very careful to where we invest our money. But there are promising ICO which are legitimate and have a real potential in their projects. ICO are new trend for big investment we just need to be careful and i know that someday it will grow and become successful. so there is no possibility that it will die anytime soon.
Activity: 672
January 23, 2018, 12:12:58 PM
ICO is never die , that will die is altcoin that's not developed in the world of exchange and many criminals who cheat on behalf of ICO by forming a website, team, advisor, and a competent partner. but the most important news in this year ICO only dies in the US because of the rules established by the government itself
Activity: 252
January 23, 2018, 12:02:00 PM
Yes, the problem of the unprofessional ICO exists. But we can't ignore or deny this phenomenon! There are great number of ICO with the useful projects. And If we don't support it, the world won't see these products.
Activity: 179
Merit: 11
January 23, 2018, 11:52:09 AM
They will not go anywhere. As long as there are people who want to invest, there will be ICOs.
Activity: 406
January 23, 2018, 11:50:09 AM
Can i have a link to kickcity?

yeah, sure  Wink

this is website https://ico.kickcity.io
telegram chat https://t.me/kickcity_chat

just 600 subscribers... but project looks interesting

Thank you =)

The community isn't big but you can have 24/7 support

Hi, I heard many things about KickCity but still didn't understand the point.
Is it like event-platform or? When ICO starts?

Token sale starts February the 1st. KickCity is event platform where every is rewarded for event promotion

Well, can I be invited to telegram for free?

yeah, you can feel free to join https://t.me/kickcity_chat

you are welcome =)
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
https://twilight-coin.io/
January 23, 2018, 11:46:14 AM
ico will never die. with ico cryptocurrency goes well. about the trust of ico project, we must selective. now i'm joined daneel project as my trusted ico with IBM support as partner. checkout this thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annico-daneelio-the-first-ai-created-to-help-cryptocurrency-investors-2376203
Activity: 41
January 23, 2018, 11:45:34 AM
I do not think ICOS will die, not at all... It is a welcome development, the attention alone it garners shows majority of us want decentralization because of its trust-less, more secure and impartial nature. Although, there are numerous scam projects involved, but its still an early startup and there will be radical improvements to deal with all that. I believe that either regulations would be put in place to control fraud or more secure technologies will be developed to filter out scams, or probably monitor and easily trace fraudsters.
ICO is here to stay, and it can only get better!
Activity: 88
Merit: 4
January 23, 2018, 11:28:04 AM
IMO its a toss up -

1. US based ICO offerings are held to a strict standard (FINOM for instance), and its hard when you need 100k pledged and a $1MM net worth to invest. So Silicon Valley startups really cant offer ICO to most US investors any differently then private placement (though they still can crowdsource worldwide via ICO).

2. ICO had a heyday about 1 year ago. Most projects were legitimate...today there are more scam coins and anyone trying to turn a buck (even if they are legit, just poorly run companies) and they are hard to weed through. Most have glom'd others whitepapers and have a shiny website and the masses just flock to them blinded by past ICO success and the dreams of tech that cannot or has no intention of be delivered. I think the golden age of ICOs is dying and ultimately hurting our industry. I could launch a token today called "takeyourmoney" TYM and I'd probably get a few million in proceeds from people blinded by greed. There is a sucker born every minute...and this is the baby boom.

3. Applications built on blockchain are critical to the success of crypto and are the future of the entire internet and IoT, AI, process automation, logistics, etc...but when investing in an ICO you need to understand if you are investing in blockchain or application, Proof of Work, PRoof of Stake, Proof of Storage, etc. 99% of the investors that joined since NOV cannot tell you one way or another and they are a seriously large group. If enough of them get burned they will panic, and demand regulation, this will put uncertainity into the mix and ultimately slow progression. If enough people start foreclosing on their houses again becuase they put college funds and second mortgages into scamcoins, crypto will go from wallstreet approved back to the silk road era. I dont think ther is a way it will ever disappear...we have moved past that, but it could be a long slump.
Activity: 448
January 23, 2018, 11:21:58 AM
One of the problems can be the procedure of customer identification (KYC). Most investors tend to anonymity of their personality. Because of this, future projects may lose potential investors.
I think it is not a big problem for ICO, because more than 95% of investors do not hide their person, so KYC will quickly become a compulsory
stage in all campaigns.
I think investors are not stupid to invest their funds in the scam ico,
a project have a background and the team inside,
so we have to be really careful.
Activity: 42
January 23, 2018, 11:17:24 AM
Can i have a link to kickcity?

yeah, sure  Wink

this is website https://ico.kickcity.io
telegram chat https://t.me/kickcity_chat

just 600 subscribers... but project looks interesting

Thank you =)

The community isn't big but you can have 24/7 support

Hi, I heard many things about KickCity but still didn't understand the point.
Is it like event-platform or? When ICO starts?

Token sale starts February the 1st. KickCity is event platform where every is rewarded for event promotion

Well, can I be invited to telegram for free?
Jump to: