Author

Topic: Will ICO die in 2018? - page 116. (Read 11540 times)

copper member
Activity: 588
Merit: 17
January 28, 2018, 06:18:18 PM
I'm sure that 2018 - is the the year of ICOs. Big companies will join ICO market this year and bring it to the new investing level.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
January 28, 2018, 06:16:10 PM
I don't think ICO's will die in 2018 because there are many people who create new coins and technologies. Without investors altcoin and BTC markets will die, so we need investments and different places to invest so capital can flow to and from the cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
January 28, 2018, 06:09:12 PM
I think some sorts of ICO will survive and some other sorts will change their structure
Activity: 328
Merit: 39
January 28, 2018, 05:42:17 PM
Most of them will die, for sure: lot of ICOs are just scam, other are poor project, other have bad management, and so on.
But some of them - that offer real value - will survive and will prosper.
The challenge is to understand which they will be.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
January 28, 2018, 05:29:15 PM
To my mind, I don't think that ICO will disappear so quickly and disappear at all. Certainly there will be changes in the legal part and in the form of presentation, sale. And this is necessary to protect investors from scam. There is really a lot of scams. However, the idea itself is very good. It opens up great opportunities for both the founders of start-ups and investors.
Activity: 196
January 28, 2018, 02:52:29 PM
I hope the ICO craze will end soon.
I don't think cryptos should be mixed with startups/kickstarters. Cryptos should be trustless, transparent and decentralized, ICOs are none of those things so using a blockchain platform doesn't really offer any benefits to them, in fact just giving a bad name to cryptos.

I dont think by the same way as you, icos are a good thing after all.

Maybe without them, there would not even be a quarter of all the altcoins that are on the top 20 at the moment.

Maybe that would be a good thing.

Maybe. But then the blockchain technology would not have received such development. And blockchain did not would have a future. And now there are many areas where the States themselves talking about the introduction of this technology. I think
Activity: 48
January 28, 2018, 02:37:08 PM
Nothing is dying just be relax. It is the beginning of the beginning
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
January 28, 2018, 01:49:52 PM
ICOs do not exactly disappear, because they are very convenient and profitable. Perhaps they will somehow change, but they will definitely remain. I think that in 2018 the number of ICO will be much more than in 2017.  Smiley
Activity: 58
Merit: 1
January 26, 2018, 05:05:18 AM
I don't believe ICO's will die in 2018. However due to the scams, the way that ICO's are conducted in general will definitely need to change. I like what the CEO of WePower said regarding ICOs - he said that ICO's in the future will be a mix of what we see today in Venture Capitalism and what ICO's are today. I also see further regulation (whether it be Government regulation or self-regulation) on how ICOs are conducted in the future as an inevitability. 
Activity: 294
Merit: 3
January 26, 2018, 02:34:02 AM
ICO projects are good projects and should not die. There is variety in altcoins because of ICO
Activity: 168
January 26, 2018, 01:25:34 AM
ICO coins are such a raw project we have right now. Many things are need to be done in order for them to succeed like the others. I definitely believe that it will not die if only they improve their credibility. Most of the ICO are scam and people are not buying into. When companies only improve this aspect of them, they will definitely be successful like the others. People should also be patient and support it with all of their hearts.

Activity: 9
January 26, 2018, 01:08:55 AM
I don't think ICO will die in 2018, but i think it will dowtrend because many ICO are scams in 2017. I don't belive with ICO.
Activity: 297
January 26, 2018, 12:48:52 AM
Im not agree of that because ICO will not die or stop because many new project now are launching give a chance the people to earn money so for me ICO will not die
Activity: 98
Merit: 16
January 25, 2018, 10:49:53 PM
ICO is a way for many teams to raise money for their projects. There are cheats in the ICO, but there are undeniable many potential projects. ICO can make us get a good reward in a short time, so many people want to join the ICO of the project without knowing the project's technology and team. This is the reason why the liar can be successful.
Activity: 110
Merit: 22
January 25, 2018, 10:21:43 PM
I hope the ICO craze will end soon.
I don't think cryptos should be mixed with startups/kickstarters. Cryptos should be trustless, transparent and decentralized, ICOs are none of those things so using a blockchain platform doesn't really offer any benefits to them, in fact just giving a bad name to cryptos.

I dont think by the same way as you, icos are a good thing after all.

Maybe without them, there would not even be a quarter of all the altcoins that are on the top 20 at the moment.

I agree with you very much. ICO is just a way of investing. Although there are fraudsters, it is unreasonable to give up some really skilled and capable teams and projects for this reason. Investment itself is risky, and if you're really tricked in proving your skills are not enough to identify crooks, you can not blame the ICO.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 253
January 25, 2018, 10:14:20 PM
Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.
I thought what might ICO die in my mind replied it would not be possible there will be many ICOs that appear and many also contain fraud I think it's a challenge and obstacles that make us have to more thorough and think hard to get successful ICO for us to invest my taste all back to ourselves
Activity: 182
January 25, 2018, 09:58:08 PM
I don't think ICO will stop even in the near future,athough some of the ICO has become a way for some people to earn easy money(by scamming) there are still a lot that is worth investing or has a good chance of making its name in the world of crypto.I think the existence of ICO is very important for the market to become healthy and stable.If there is new player introduce in the market then it become stagnant and dull,ICO makes the market alive and competitive.So i don't think it will cease to exist.
Activity: 378
Merit: 16
January 25, 2018, 09:57:36 PM
Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.

apparently not, as some HardForks that happened like ETH HardFork, yesterday proved to be failing. So investor confidence in the HardFork event is unreliable
but on the contrary, some ICOs get a lot of hardcap
Activity: 634
January 25, 2018, 09:52:53 PM
I don't think ICO will die.  ICO helps cryptoworld. If it's not because of them, their will be no circulating altcoins right now. They are promoting products that can can generate more cryptos. They also help people to have good investments with the help of their bounty programs that gives chances to people to earn money. What ICO needed is to remove scam ICOs and the quality should be improved.
Activity: 284
Merit: 101
January 25, 2018, 09:21:36 PM
I do not think that it will begin to die, as many new ICO projects are launched, people are trying to realize their ideas and from this they will become even more

I don't think ICO will die.. but instead may be regulated and you have to go through some approvals.
Jump to: