Pages:
Author

Topic: Will ICO die in 2018? - page 57. (Read 11540 times)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
May 15, 2018, 03:55:19 PM
I don't think they will die, but more likely evolve into making them safer for investments. As long as the price of bitcoin goes up and the media keep reporting on it, more and more people are going to get involved in crypto, meaning a new market of investors for ICO's. ICOs will only stop through regulation or if they are not viable anymore and people don't invest into them.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
May 15, 2018, 03:05:41 PM
I don't believe that the ICOs will die. But I know why I see more and more such questions. This is associated with a general drop in people's interest in crypto. The bitcoin stopped growing and people stopped paying attention to it. I'm confident that as soon as bitcoin begins to grow, the influx of people into cryptocurrency and ICOs will increase.
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
May 15, 2018, 07:28:09 AM
I hope the ICO craze will end soon.
I don't think cryptos should be mixed with startups/kickstarters. Cryptos should be trustless, transparent and decentralized, ICOs are none of those things so using a blockchain platform doesn't really offer any benefits to them, in fact just giving a bad name to cryptos.

I dont think by the same way as you, icos are a good thing after all.

Maybe without them, there would not even be a quarter of all the altcoins that are on the top 20 at the moment.

I agree! The ICO market will continue to exist and grow. The more crowded the ICO, the more competitive the technology, the more competitive the benefits for the people, the stronger the competition for the community. The winner will gather enough potential elements for the future. Without these contests, there is no potential 20 ICO for investors ... In my opinion it is important to choose the potential ICO for investment as the key to the problem.
Activity: 183
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
May 15, 2018, 07:19:24 AM
I am absolutely sure that this will not happen in 2018. in 2020 it is possible, but now it is too popular in the market for the ICO to die
Activity: 148
Merit: 4
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
May 15, 2018, 07:18:58 AM
I heard about it because many social media was looking to ban the ico`s like facebook or twitter,and i dont know why.Currently many ico`s was turned into scamm because they didnt reached their achieving goal or else they have no want to buy into their ico.
Activity: 383
May 15, 2018, 07:15:58 AM
I'm not sure. just imagine how much money is now spinning in this area and I think that they should not disappear without a trace in one year
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
May 15, 2018, 07:15:13 AM
Indeed,ICO is a serious business.
For the most part, however, most of the current projects are just the hype.
Activity: 180
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
May 15, 2018, 07:12:11 AM
definitely not this year. now just a frantic turnover is due to ICO and cryptocurrencies in General. the more I invested and even hope that this will not happen ahah
Activity: 426
May 15, 2018, 07:05:47 AM
I'm sure not. now it brings a lot of money, why not make it? it seems to me that if the ICO is going to die in 2018, there will come a financial crisis
Activity: 60
May 15, 2018, 06:56:16 AM
ICOs wouldn't die in 2018, a lot of new ICOs are coming every month. But there are growing mistrust among investors about ICOs. As a lot of ICOs have scammed investors.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
May 15, 2018, 06:07:39 AM
There are still ICOs which are giving members the income that they deserve although there are also some which are scams. I just look at the people behind the project and the forum members who support them as well. This can minimize the risk of losing money and effort as well as the time we invest.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
May 15, 2018, 06:05:15 AM
Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.
I was reading your bold sentence and it seems just another bullshit. Can you give me the more explanation about why was kickcity using the ico to raise the fund? I just know that you are trying to promoting your project rather than open a public discussion about the existence of ico in the future.

Exactly! This is shouting "I'm a promotion" doesn't seem like a trustable way to spread the word... Moreover, I think it's not the best way to promote and ICO by shit-talking about ICO's... The things you say first are pulling people away from ICO's and then you try to pull them to your promoted project but let me tell you a tiny little secret, they won't buy it Smiley
Activity: 322
May 15, 2018, 06:00:54 AM
for me ICOs can't simply die out, its not that simple, ICOs are bring innovation to the forefront of our society and some of these actually work,it won't be rewarding to try to scam or to act in an amatorial way.
But for the moment, the situation is pretty dark
Activity: 244
May 15, 2018, 05:57:05 AM
I don't think ICO will disappear this year, and the first four months of this year are really ICO sluggish, mainly because a large number of non serious ICO projects have come into the market, and I think ICO will come back after the first half of this year's amendment, which is still a good way to promote new projects in the encrypted world.
Activity: 52
May 15, 2018, 05:54:35 AM
No, this year the number of new projects will break last year's record and everything will be fine, so invest now if you want to earn.
Activity: 294
May 15, 2018, 05:54:08 AM
I think it is impossible to happen this year. This year is still a very popular year by many major communities in the world to follow ICO, and the organizers of ICO are also still passionate in creating the new ICO. In my opinion, as long as there are many applicants who want to follow ICO then ICO will continue to live and grow. In addition, ICO is a place that is very supportive and favored many communities to be able to earn revenue. If ICO dies, then there will be many communities in this world who are sad and may be able to leave crypto.
Activity: 154
May 15, 2018, 05:52:21 AM
ICO's are good platform for investors, short term and long term also but many ICO's are scams, Now days many ICO's are generating but most of the ICO's not success, I think ICO will not die next 3 years but many scam ICO's can generate and people will lose money,regulation also required for ICO.
Activity: 182
May 15, 2018, 05:50:46 AM
I think 2018 is not the time to discuss that the ico project will die for me. It will last long as more and more investors invest in it, and more and more projects. ico chooses, we have no reason to die in 2018
Activity: 779
Merit: 250
May 15, 2018, 05:49:24 AM
if honest i don't think so. because now to many good coins witch will wait real  good future.
Well, in own humble opinion.. ICO will not going to die, it is not needed to be gone but I hope ICO will improve itself. I really hope that the forms of regulations of ICO will be safer and wiser than before. And to be secure enough for the investors besides there are many good coins in ICO. And ICO helped many people as far as I know.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
May 15, 2018, 05:47:53 AM
I don't think they will die, but more likely evolve into making them safer for investments. As long as the price of bitcoin goes up and the media keep reporting on it, more and more people are going to get involved in crypto, meaning a new market of investors for ICO's. ICOs will only stop through regulation or if they are not viable anymore and people don't invest into them.  Wink
The threat of "death" for ICO does not come from the regulators as it seems to me, but from the fact that participation in ICO becomes less profitable. This year, the best projects yield revenue at the level of the average projects of the previous year.
Pages:
Jump to: