Pages:
Author

Topic: Will ICO die in 2018? - page 98. (Read 11540 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 17
EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I
March 17, 2018, 09:01:51 PM
ICOs are dead. Too many regulations for ICOs. You might as well launch an IPO. It's pointless.

You know what, I think we should destroy the whole crypto market before the goverments and banks take it over. Scorched earth. If we can't have it, nobody can. I wish we could treat the stock market the same as they did with ours.
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
March 17, 2018, 08:59:42 PM
I don't think ICO's will die anytime soon but I do believe the hype for them has cooled down a lot.  People are very picky with what they invest in these days and money don't go into ICO's blindly anymore. 
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
March 17, 2018, 08:57:57 PM
ICO won't die while cryptocurrency market exists. It's just one way to get an investment but oriented to the cryptocurrency sphere.
But it probably will become more stable and less hyped this year. And after all it really needs regulation in any form, like some kind of regulatory agency but formed by well-known and trusted persons in [Suspicious link removed]munity. The registration, follow-up inspection, and issue of the trust status from such kind of regulator could really improve the prevailing ambiguous situation around ICOs and restore confidence in this form of fund-raising.
Activity: 145
Merit: 10
March 17, 2018, 07:47:03 PM
On my opinion, ICO will not die by the year 2018. Aside from bitcoin and etherium, there are many altcoins are now become more popular that is why there are many users and investors used those coins. There are a lot of projects still have an ICO and almost everyday there is a new ICO. And therefor i dont think that ICO will die this year or even next year
Activity: 471
Merit: 10
QUUBE — First&Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem
March 17, 2018, 07:42:31 PM
ICOs were becoming too rampant during the last bull season and it's not healthy for the system. I think this bear season helped to sanitize the system a bit. We should be very careful of most icos we invest in
Activity: 616
Merit: 13
March 17, 2018, 07:08:12 PM
I dont think so, this is the modern way for starting companies to gather funds. And it is effective, That's why it COULD not end regardless of the crypto market price. I also believe that after all these speculations on the crypto market the day will come that the price will be more stabilize. It won't climb like crazy forever because bitcoin has the historical value of rallying of price after huge crashes.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
March 17, 2018, 06:57:15 PM
Of course, everything will be fine with ICO. There are and will be a lot of cool projects that can really benefit people. Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 7
March 17, 2018, 06:55:54 PM
I analyze several months everything ICO and to my regret the majority ICO will die already in the near future. And those ICO that will remain and will be rather serious will fly up to heaven
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
March 17, 2018, 06:50:14 PM
On the contrary: in 2018 many new ICO will be born. Obviously, most will be rubbish and will go to a quick death, but in the middle there will certainly be something good.
Activity: 756
Merit: 103
March 17, 2018, 06:47:40 PM
I think that in 2018 nothing will change. In 2018 there will be more projects than before. ICO is a very convenient form of investment search for developers. Therefore, all this will continue.
Activity: 467
Merit: 251
March 17, 2018, 05:07:37 PM
They won't die, but I think the amount of ico's in 2018 will be lower than last year.
Activity: 62
March 17, 2018, 05:05:20 PM
I shure that ICOs will not have problems in 2018. It is still the best way to invest.
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
Kuvacash.com
March 17, 2018, 04:58:52 PM
ICO'S are already facing the music!
Facebook and Google actions on Ads is not in the best interest of ICO'S but that doesn't mean it will die. After the challenges emanating from regulations calms, then the patronage and activities of ICO'S will spark more interest than present situation.
I think it will only get better in the new future.
Activity: 177
March 17, 2018, 04:52:29 PM

Its not certain what will happen to ICOs in 2018. this has been their year soo far, with lots of them launching and raising considerable amount of money, most however may not make it due to high competition or poor project plans
Activity: 79
March 17, 2018, 04:47:23 PM
I think ICO market will not die, but it will never be so lucrative like in 2017. There are only a few teams who are very professional in their operations fields, others simply use this hyip. And regulation authorities will be more and more stricter to ICO founders. I wouldn't be surprised to see hefty fines, litigation and even jail time for those standing on the wrong side of the ICO issue.
Beyond the regulatory crackdown, questions will arise around the utility of special-purpose tokens. Why would a file hosting company accept payment in Filecoin, when a general-purpose digital asset is so much more liquid and therefore easier to turn into fiat?

Activity: 265
Merit: 100
March 17, 2018, 03:32:15 PM
I don't think it will. ICO is the future, in my opinion.
Right now is a perfect moment to invest in tokens.
One of the best options is "Red Lanterns" https://goo.gl/RddguE  Smiley
Activity: 341
March 17, 2018, 03:28:04 PM
Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.

I do not think ICO will die in 2018, however i do think that there has to be some regulations around ICO to be able to protect the participants and end the bad name that scammer give to crypto. Also 2018 would be for ICOs that have products and projects that have real use cases that will add value to the world.

Hi, you may want to check our upcoming ICO out then. We are a biotech company working on a novel cell-based therapy for HIV that has the goal of providing a cost effective cure solution for AIDS, allowing access to the therapy where access to traditional costly HIV therapies is restricted by social and/or economic limitations.

To my knowledge, we are the first biotech company launching an ICO for developing biomedical research and a related blockchain application. We are still in the beta stage and have some technical aspects to finalize before we can start the token sale and make an official announcement thread. However, you can check all the project information along with the white paper on our official website.

https://www.innovativebioresearch.com/pre-ico

We also created a thread where we would love to know what you think about our project Wink

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.32512837
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
March 17, 2018, 03:15:10 PM
In a way they are already ending. Some ICO's do not allow people from United States or China to enter in their ICO, in-fact one of the most hyped recent ICO, THEKEY, did not allow chinese investors even though the team of the project is from china and they are using the tech in china!
Activity: 364
Merit: 102
March 17, 2018, 03:13:11 PM
Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.

I do not think ICO will die in 2018, however i do think that there has to be some regulations around ICO to be able to protect the participants and end the bad name that scammer give to crypto. Also 2018 would be for ICOs that have products and projects that have real use cases that will add value to the world.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
March 17, 2018, 03:04:50 PM

Some Internet services such as Google and Facebook have already banned the advertising of ICO projects. However it seems to me until the end of this year this way of collecting funds will still exist.
Pages:
Jump to: