Pages:
Author

Topic: Will ICO die in 2018? - page 93. (Read 11540 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 2
March 22, 2018, 02:09:09 AM
I not sure , but it will be regulated ASAP. ICO right now is only scamming and making rekt for some people. Best solution when new start up offering their coin it will be nice they joint venture with market exchange. #IMO
Activity: 286
Merit: 100
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
March 22, 2018, 02:05:13 AM
in my opinion ICO will not die in 2018 because its a part of crypto world its not easy to take down or shut it down
Activity: 71
Merit: 1
March 22, 2018, 02:02:26 AM
I'm not sure if you're talking about ICOs or trying to promote your own brand here.
Activity: 476
Merit: 102
Kuvacash.com
March 22, 2018, 02:00:45 AM

ICOs have cropped up in large numbers in 2018 and some are still being developed, some might survive the year while some wont. an ICO with a good project plan and a value adding producyt will surely survive, but those with poor project plans will fade of and die. Not all will die, but some wll
Activity: 1050
Merit: 529
Student Coin
March 22, 2018, 01:26:08 AM
I think because of the hype we recently had, more people will do proper analysis now and only the good ICO projects will get funding
That would happen because as this market gets bigger, people will become more educated.
I pity those investors who were victims of scam, I hope they will not leave the crypto because there's bigger opportunity here, instead
they just have to be careful and learn from their mistakes.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
March 21, 2018, 10:21:22 PM
I think because of the hype we recently had, more people will do proper analysis now and only the good ICO projects will get funding
Activity: 126
March 21, 2018, 10:17:05 PM
I hope the ICO craze will end soon.

I don't think cryptos should be mixed with startups/kickstarters. Cryptos should be trustless, transparent and decentralized, ICOs are none of those things so using a blockchain platform doesn't really offer any benefits to them, in fact just giving a bad name to cryptos.

But a lot of crypto-newbies gamble with them thinking they know what they're doing and that crypto is all about pumping and dumping random "projects". These people ignore, or not even aware what crypto stands for and just giving a bad name to it. And they will eventually get burned and hate cryptos altogether. Profits aren't made from nothing, it comes from other people's losses.

You have an excellent point right there. But I don't totally agree with you.  We cannot generalized the whole thing and would stir towards ending ICO out of the blue. The indiscretion of a few or may must not be stereotyped to all.
I will still support ICO projects despite a lot of going on with the scams.
There are many that have concrete programs and real world applications out there that just sit and waiting earnestly for support.
Activity: 105
Merit: 6
Get Paid to Play your Media on Current
March 21, 2018, 10:08:26 PM
Ico will not die, and the development of block chain technology accelerates the development of ico!

Ico needs standardization and supervision! Let the money apply to the truly powerful ico project!

The purpose of regulation is to ban the ico projects that are defrauded by fake masks!
Activity: 14
Merit: 2
March 21, 2018, 09:07:22 PM
Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.
It will not die instead it will grow more. As long as there are no regulation that will prevent them from creating new ICO, it will contue and more investors will get scam.
Activity: 263
Merit: 10
March 21, 2018, 07:53:27 PM
I think there needs to be stricter conditions on ICO's there are still lots of scam projects that are pretending to run tokensales and conning investors out of money.

Most experienced crypto investors can tell the difference but if crypto is going to continue growing we need to protect newcomers and help them learn about legit crypto projects, Im not saying every ICO is going to be a success but people shouldn't be able to make up companies out of thin air with no real product to offer.

It's true there needs to be more crypto self-regulation, I would like to see an inner crypto regulatory body made up of leading experts in crypto, bitcoin and blockchain, projects need to go through more checks before they try to raise funds in crowdsales.

We can't tell if the ico will die in 2018 because we can't predict anything. But as long as the ico is still here we must value it and work hard for it.
Yeah, this answer is actually belong to the future and only the time will tell .
But the ICOs market is actually going down for now. Less project is advertising and less of them are suceed. Most of them are just garbages not like 2017.
Activity: 115
March 21, 2018, 07:42:04 PM
I think there needs to be stricter conditions on ICO's there are still lots of scam projects that are pretending to run tokensales and conning investors out of money.

Most experienced crypto investors can tell the difference but if crypto is going to continue growing we need to protect newcomers and help them learn about legit crypto projects, Im not saying every ICO is going to be a success but people shouldn't be able to make up companies out of thin air with no real product to offer.

It's true there needs to be more crypto self-regulation, I would like to see an inner crypto regulatory body made up of leading experts in crypto, bitcoin and blockchain, projects need to go through more checks before they try to raise funds in crowdsales.

We can't tell if the ico will die in 2018 because we can't predict anything. But as long as the ico is still here we must value it and work hard for it.
Activity: 224
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
March 21, 2018, 07:39:56 PM
Most of the companies would not even start without conducting a successful ICO, and bounty hunters would be pretty much useless with lesser to nothing bounties come up.
Activity: 196
March 21, 2018, 07:39:23 PM
I do not think that in 2018 ICO will die, on the contrary. More and more companies are inspired by the success that companies that sell tokens are currently selling will open new ICO. Probably there will be more and more ways to regulate this campaign. In addition, investors learn where to invest.
Activity: 22
March 21, 2018, 07:37:33 PM

Activity: 364
March 21, 2018, 07:27:55 PM
ICO will never die, because ICO is the best choice for investing.
Activity: 448
March 21, 2018, 06:35:38 PM

some ICOs might not in fact see the end of the year2018, while some will, not all ICOs are bad, some of them have good projects and present reasonable product in the market, such will survive, but most will fail and fade off
Activity: 280
The Protocol for the Audience Economy
March 21, 2018, 06:27:59 PM
I do not think the ICO will die in 2018. They are only limited to the release of ICO projects on the market, there will be a potential ICO quality testing force. Do not ramp up the scam ICO in the market today. That is my personal opinion.
Activity: 504
Merit: 5
March 21, 2018, 06:25:26 PM
I don't believe ICO will die despite the popularity of cryptocurrency round the globe which now leads to lots of scam ICO and fake bitcoin traders. ICO is the best way a beginner can rase funds before getting it balance in the crypto world. Some ICO do fail because they have less value and lazy managers.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
March 21, 2018, 06:22:47 PM
Far-sighted ICO startups, thinking a few steps forward, have already envisaged these movements - it's enough to recall the sensational TON, Telegram Open Network. On his own example, one can observe that legal precautions are by no means the only changes in the ICO in the near future. A smooth transition to the abandonment of public crowdfunding and working with funds is an obvious looming trend for this year.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
March 21, 2018, 06:16:33 PM
The practice of "public flogging" ISO is necessary for the regulator to settle uncontrolled chaos in the market, where companies collect tens of millions of dollars into their budget at one time, without backing this process with any guarantees for investors.
Pages:
Jump to: