Pages:
Author

Topic: Will mining will ever stop ? - page 26. (Read 4836 times)

Activity: 507
Merit: 100
June 27, 2018, 07:22:19 AM
for starters, I need to tell you a little about the mining. in fact, these are mathematical calculations, the result of which is a hash. they must be calculated at all times, otherwise transactions will not be confirmed and users, respectively, will not be able to use the crypto currency - transfer it and pay it off. from this follows the following conclusion: while there are requests for transactions, the need for mining and miners will not disappear, since without them the network is inoperative.
Activity: 728
Merit: 139
June 27, 2018, 06:33:13 AM
Proof-of-work mining is only one of the variety of consensus mechanisms . It's the most uneffective in energy consumption algotithm , thus I believe it will be replaced by other more effective mechanisms in all altcoins with time . But if we talk about bitcoin mining , I think it will be proof-of-work based for all period of existence of btc , thus it will be needed to keep blockchain working even after the last btc block will be founded . Assuming this , btc mining will never stop , unless crypto/bitcoin will die .
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
June 27, 2018, 05:10:08 AM
Hello people, i'm new in the crypto worlds , i have two questions please i need logic answers .

1 - will mining will ever stop Huh?

2 - what will happens when the cryptocurrency reaches it limits ( example : bitcoin 21M , ETH .... , and other curriencies ) ? will they win money after the currencies reaches its limits ?

thank you !

For now I don’t see the perspective of coin mining disappearance. In some cases it become difficult to do, in others many new services appear and new equipment is created  for more effective mining.
Activity: 308
Merit: 49
June 26, 2018, 07:53:41 PM
Hello people, i'm new in the crypto worlds , i have two questions please i need logic answers .

1 - will mining will ever stop Huh?

2 - what will happens when the cryptocurrency reaches it limits ( example : bitcoin 21M , ETH .... , and other curriencies ) ? will they win money after the currencies reaches its limits ?

thank you !
Mining will not end when it reaches the blockchain limit, do not worry there is a lot of Altcoins that you can mining, almost every month of newborn cryptocurrency coins for mining, try your search on whattomine.com finds the same algorithm as your mining tool.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
June 26, 2018, 07:34:09 PM
Mining will end when it will be no more profitable
Activity: 28
June 26, 2018, 07:24:09 PM
I do not know what is so stopping, but those who invest dengi in Socratus do not stop them because they are so carried away by this affair
Activity: 18
June 26, 2018, 06:05:27 PM
In general, mining could be mildly worth the investment some time even though a number of factors in relation with advancing makers affect income.
Activity: 84
June 26, 2018, 05:29:59 AM
new crypto continues to come up with new innovations. It has certainly created a crypto will continue to be mined but with different types available. In addition to that of course if the coin has reached its limit will probably be more expensive in value. However, to achieve that takes a long time.
Activity: 322
Merit: 103
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
June 25, 2018, 05:31:44 PM
Yes, mining will stop, because Satoshi set limits on the blockchain, if i remember right

Lol, we will dead (?) at this moment. Hopefully  Grin. So it`s not problem for our generation! But there is another problem: mining uses too much energy. Too much, seriosly. And... it`s problem for our generation, lol, very big problem
Activity: 26
June 25, 2018, 05:20:04 PM
No! If mining stop, there will be no crypto to dig and sell. They should continue to dig for more coins, more coins to go come up and maybe in few months again Bitcoin to go up to 8000$ +. Let's see how are the things going to be soon for everyone and with these restrictions... Japan, Russia... So lame..
Activity: 5
June 25, 2018, 04:52:45 PM
Yes, mining will stop, because Satoshi set limits on the blockchain, if i remember right
Activity: 200
June 25, 2018, 04:49:32 PM
The traditional proof of work mining will probably stop in future due to efficiency issues. However, the proof of stake "mining" will take over to secure the blockchains without generating waste heat by burning valuable electricity. In this sense, the traditional BTC will probably be dethroned by either a BTC fork or other advanced altcoins. Paradigm is shifting and mining will stop in future.
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
June 25, 2018, 04:46:43 PM
Mostly, mining any coin may be tolerable worth trying long term nevertheless lots of things in relation with newer makers affect shares.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
June 25, 2018, 01:46:39 PM
PoW mining is doomed!

PoS consensus is the future!

Activity: 826
Merit: 523
June 24, 2018, 05:12:37 PM

Yes, I think mining will reach an end as it has more negative effects than positives, especially regarding energy and environment. Regarding cryptocurrency limits, we are unable at present to give an exact prediction about the limits cryptocurrency will reach as we can't stop orders.

Activity: 18
June 24, 2018, 05:00:21 PM
Honestly, mining any coin might be reasonably worth doing long term even though plenty of factors related to newer chips affect results.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
June 24, 2018, 11:08:44 AM
I think mining will never stop and will continue forever as long as there is a great price of bitcoin and any other altcoins. Mining is just like your job or career, if you quit your job or career you will get nothing and you don't have a salary or income, like in mining if you stop mining coins you will lost your job but the coins that you mine either you sell it or hold it. That's why I think mining will never stops and I know that crypto currency will be good in the future.
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
June 24, 2018, 10:50:56 AM
No, I think that mining will continue to work, but it will work on a more serious scale, because the complexity grows and it becomes more difficult, it's obvious, now the hash rate is much higher than before, so normal farms can not cope.
Activity: 364
Merit: 6
June 24, 2018, 10:50:40 AM
No, I don't think that mining will ever stop in the future. Because, if mining will stop, then where will we grab the coins we have today? If mining stop in the future, then the cycle of cryptocurrency will be toppled. If there are no miners, then we can't get our coins that we buy.

Same thing for the investors. If investors stop investing, then what's the point of mining those coins? Every part of the crypto cycle is important. So it won't stop.

If you said that the mining of Bitcoins will stop, then it probably will in the future. If the 21 million coins are mined. And, it will be a long time ahead. No need to worry about it.
Activity: 980
Merit: 503
June 24, 2018, 10:45:27 AM
POW algorithm is already outdated, it requires too much electricity. Soon all coins will use the POS algorithm.
Pages:
Jump to: