Pages:
Author

Topic: Will the bitcoin be outdated by another currency? - page 15. (Read 5719 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 0
Nothing is immortal. BTC can be outdated as other technologies. Remember nokia. the world's largest mobile phone manufacturer. now nokia products are garbage.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
No, Bitcoin can never be supplanted by some other digital money. As a matter of first importance, Bitcoin was the first of its kind. It will dependably stay unique advanced resource. This reality alone makes everything the more profitable. Second, Bitcoin can be effortlessly redesigned. Any new usefulness which is given by any Altcoin can be added to Bitcoin additionally, as long as it doesn't influence its decentralization. Third, there are satellites broadcasting the system to the world. This implies anybody can take an interest in Bitcoin without depending on web working.
Activity: 64
My answer to the principle is: NO

Bitcoin is money, the value of money is built on confidence, tradition and security, attributes that Bitcoin offers easily. The analogy between Bitcoin and social networks is completely incorrect, people think that Bitcoin is an myspace that will be replaced by facebook. It turns out that Bitcoin is money and not a social network, so this comparison is completely wrong.

Most of mankind's wealth resides in vaults for hundreds of years, so the circulating medium is derisory close to it. Why are we going to need fast, no-fee coins if we can use paper money and banks? Bitcoin's purpose is to be a safe asset, scarce and superior to gold. What is behind Bitcoin is the fact that no politician can steal you through taxes or inflation, there is nothing safer than Blockchain and Bitcoin. So far no technologically superior currency has emerged to Bitcoin to the point of provoking an abyss between technologies and will hardly emerge.

BUY BITCOIN TODAY AND ALWAYS.
I have the same answer like you. Although the BTC price now is unstable and get manipulation, but its still has the strongest community in the world. Bitcoin is considered as a fundamental original coin. Whatever its price move, the other cryptocurencies get fluctuation. So it's hard to be outdated by another currency now. Personally, i hope the crypto market would probably get balance in the next future.
Activity: 696
Merit: 100
I don`t think bitcoin can be outdated by another currency because almost everyone who enters cryptocurrency have known bitcoin first and bought bitcoin first than altcoins, and I think that it will always be the case because bitcoin is always the front-man of cryptocurrency. So the high demand of people for bitcoin who are entering cryptocurrency will always be there.
Activity: 67
I dont think so. Since bitcoin is the most simple type of currency we have. Also bitcoin is a legitimqte kind of exchange we do have that some of the governments approved already. i dont think that any currency can outdate bitcoin just like that and i do believe that bitcoin will last a very long time.
Activity: 378
no, for me bitcoin will not expire by other currencies because bitcoin will survive as it is today with its cryptocurrency.

It was not possible for bitcoins to be replaced by another cryptocurrency because it was the first coin that has been created and the price is very high so people will prefer bitcoins rather than altcoins.
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
W12 – Blockchain protocol
Everything is possible so maybe but the question is when will that going to happen. For now, the people will choose Bitcoin over Altcoins for an investment because most of the people are confident that Bitcoin is the most promising and has the highest potential to make your money to grow therefore it is impossible for any Altcoin to supersede Bitcoin at this moment.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
Bitcoin cannot be outdated by another currency just like that. That currency will have to do a lot in order to push bitcoin away from no. 1. This may not be possible at all.
Activity: 75
I don't find any similarities between BTC and social networks and I don't think this is the case. But the important thing now is that people should not consider Bitcoin as a property. We can see this attitude through governments implementing taxes on storing cryptocurrencies and through people buying and selling BTC like crazy. All of this lead big leaps in prices and high volatility. If people want Bitcoin to be a currency they should stop treating it like something else.

I think to make bitcoin a legitimate medium of exchange is still difficult, because there are still many countries that prohibit the use of bitcoin for direct payments, and the government still considers bitcoin as an asset

so only countries that legalize the use of bitcoin can buy using bitcoin, and countries that support is still dominated by developed countries, because their financial system is very supportive, but for developing countries it may still be difficult to follow the steps of developed countries, it may still take a long time.
Activity: 350
TRONscratch.com
My answer to the principle is: NO

Bitcoin is money, the value of money is built on confidence, tradition and security, attributes that Bitcoin offers easily. The analogy between Bitcoin and social networks is completely incorrect, people think that Bitcoin is an myspace that will be replaced by facebook. It turns out that Bitcoin is money and not a social network, so this comparison is completely wrong.

Most of mankind's wealth resides in vaults for hundreds of years, so the circulating medium is derisory close to it. Why are we going to need fast, no-fee coins if we can use paper money and banks? Bitcoin's purpose is to be a safe asset, scarce and superior to gold. What is behind Bitcoin is the fact that no politician can steal you through taxes or inflation, there is nothing safer than Blockchain and Bitcoin. So far no technologically superior currency has emerged to Bitcoin to the point of provoking an abyss between technologies and will hardly emerge.

BUY BITCOIN TODAY AND ALWAYS.

I agree with you mate. There is no coin we could compare to bitcoin. There is always a bitcoin that the other will always look up since its foundation is already deep enough that we could think that it is already the main coin of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 251
no, for me bitcoin will not expire by other currencies because bitcoin will survive as it is today with its cryptocurrency.
If bitcoin continues to update and developers continue to make repairs and maintenance maybe bitcoin will continue to follow the times, but if bitcoin does not develop and only runs in place of course there will Coin someday be competitors who have better technology that will replace bitcoin
Activity: 39
I think that the bitcoin will strongly remain as the number cryptocurrency for the next 5 to 10 more years. Why? In all history, some of the greatest and the most powerful people or things before were thought to be irreplaceable as number 1 but they all went down and ceases to exist. History will repeat itself. Currently, bitcoin is the greatest crypto ever, but sooner or later,  it will go down and will be replaced by something of greater value.
Activity: 826
Of course, there is always an opportunity to replace bitcoin with other coins, now it has registered more than 1200 coins and of course all coins have the chance to become number # 1 and replace bitcoin.
Activity: 110
True, bitcoin will not be outdated not only because he is the king of cryptocurrency but because bitcoin is Bitcoin. Even there's so many coins right now, they will still need to run a long long time before they reach atleast 3/4 of value of bitcoin. Bitcoin surpassed many crisis and proved itself many times.
Activity: 91
Hi I am back from a long period of away time :)
I don't say that in nearly 4 years it will happen because there is no such cryptocurrency which can stand in one roll with bitcoin right now bitcoin is still number one on this party.
Activity: 448
It will be replaced by another store of value but that won't happen in near future as bitcoin itself is fairly new. There will be something with better tech that will be suitable for store of value but I don't see it happening in the next 10 years, bitcoin itself only around for about 9 or 10 years so far and it's still in the early development stage so there's still a lot of time for it to established itself as a great store of value.
Activity: 287
no crypto currency will come near to outdated to any another curr4ency in the near future we can see bitcoin stay strong for many years to come
Activity: 140
Each time there will be certain currencies that take possession of the market. For example, in prehistoric times metal coins are predominant, followed by paper currencies and pre-polymers, and pre-digital is the trend of the times
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
ultimately yes when crypto will finally establish themselves, they will adhere to regulations and compliance rules from countries all over the world. Current form of crypto cannot do that and therefore they will ultimately be replaced. At best these will be given status of assets but will still not be a legal tender fro payments in short terms.
Activity: 117
Pages:
Jump to: