Author

Topic: WINGS ★ Where DAO Unicorns Are Born! ★ Token launched! - page 119. (Read 522762 times)

Activity: 391
Merit: 114
I participated to following forecasts:

bitjob
swarm
blackmoon
gimli
qvolta
miniapps
flixxo

So far I received zero rewards.

Where can I check what and when will I get something?

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1011
Found a way to pay less for WINGS forecasting:
Change price of GWEI to 0.000000001 (instead of 0.000000005+). Sometimes it doesn`t work, but it most cases it`s ok!

Is it safe to do that?
has it approved by team?

I'm not sure it works. I tried once and transaction failed and I was debited 0.001 ETH, which is far more than expected to save...

legendary
Activity: 945
Merit: 1003
Change price of GWEI to 0.000000001 (instead of 0.000000005+). Sometimes it doesn`t work, but it most cases it`s ok!

Is it safe to do that?
has it approved by team?

It is safe, but I doubt whether the transaction would be successful.Using the stable gwei specified on myether wallet to be the preferred option from my thought.It's not going to cost so many dollars to use the default settings from MEW.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

Is it safe to do that?
has it approved by team?
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
I started getting worries about wings coin, because the price of bitcoin has now reached 7578 $, if the btc price keeps rising up to 100k $ how is the fate of wings Huh

I think the price of Wings will never get very high (max 1$ imo) because everything here turns arround the rewards and rewards will never be higher than what it is now so people won't pay 10$/wings just to get some pennies.
If you invest in wings you should think about the rewards from forecasting not about the price of your wing

Hopefully the btc price after hardfork is down because it can raise the price of the wings and I'm sure the wings will be at the top

the 2nd poster makes the incorrect assumption that the ICO market will stay stable and that the number of ICOs using WINGS for evaluation will remain stable.

the price of wings (assuming you are somewhat rational) is likely predicated on the following factors:

-how many projects are using WINGS in a given year
-how much % reward fee those projects are willing to pay
-how much funding do those projects raise
-how much the coins of the projects are worth in the aftermarket
-how long are forecasters willing to wait to sell their coins (for example people who run crypto funds don't *need* the money right away)
-how many people of the 90 million wings available are participating in evaluating projects using wings on a per project basis
-how well do most people do in forecasting to improve their forecast rating reputation (FR) which improves their rewards - imagine sort of a gini curve of forecasters
-maybe some other factors i missed here

so for example, if the global blockchain funding (ICO for lack of better term) market hits $10 billion, and 10% of the deal flow uses WINGS that is $1B in total funding, but the total valuation of that market is  perhaps 1.5X this. so assume that WINGS rewards from this amount = 2% of coins of those projects.

1.5B * 2% = $30M in rewards for 1 year.  There are only ever 100 million WINGS who can forecast and fight over this pie, half of which currently sit on exchanges.

Now if you apply discounted cash flow analysis and assume lets say a 30% annual growth rate in to the ICO markets for the next 5 years ... the NPV of WINGS next year would be.... http://www.moneychimp.com/articles/valuation/dcf.htm

so if u look at wings like a tool to use that pays you when you use it correctly, it can be a profitable tool just like any other tool that has a market demand for its use

Hi Wings, In the future, will Wings evolve to doing other things/forcasing like Sports, Elections, Fashion trends etc?

Huh

WINGS focuses on forecasting financial events primarily related to group buying or funding events, and creating an ecosystem for price discovery via forecasters who are incentivized to be accurate so that people raising money and people giving money can make more informed decisions in the funding process.

WINGS is not a generalized predictions platform like Augur or Gnosis.

If it is about funding a fashion line or a sports team or political campaign it could certainly be used for that.

Hi Wings, Thanks for answering my question. I was thinking that since Wings focuses on forecasting financial events, how about if you were to work with
companies like Apple to forces the price for the new iPhone, the price for the new macbook.
Or work with Nike to forcast the price for the new AirJordan sneakers etc.
Or with the movie industry to forecast the opening gross for a movie like Starwars, or Spiderman etc.
Or to forecast quarterly gains for major companies.

Huh
Activity: 840
Merit: 523
Turn your financial ideas into reality
I started getting worries about wings coin, because the price of bitcoin has now reached 7578 $, if the btc price keeps rising up to 100k $ how is the fate of wings Huh

I think the price of Wings will never get very high (max 1$ imo) because everything here turns arround the rewards and rewards will never be higher than what it is now so people won't pay 10$/wings just to get some pennies.
If you invest in wings you should think about the rewards from forecasting not about the price of your wing

Hopefully the btc price after hardfork is down because it can raise the price of the wings and I'm sure the wings will be at the top

the 2nd poster makes the incorrect assumption that the ICO market will stay stable and that the number of ICOs using WINGS for evaluation will remain stable.

the price of wings (assuming you are somewhat rational) is likely predicated on the following factors:

-how long are forecasters willing to wait to sell their coins (for example people who run crypto funds don't *need* the money right away)
-how many people of the 90 million wings available are participating in evaluating projects using wings on a per project basis
-how well do most people do in forecasting to improve their forecast rating reputation (FR) which improves their rewards - imagine sort of a gini curve of forecasters

so for example, if the global blockchain funding (ICO for lack of better term) market hits $10 billion, and 10% of the deal flow uses WINGS that is $1B in total funding, but the total valuation of that market is  perhaps 1.5X this. so assume that WINGS rewards from this amount = 2% of coins of those projects.

1.5B * 2% = $30M in rewards for 1 year.  There are only ever 100 million WINGS who can forecast and fight over this pie, half of which currently sit on exchanges.

Now if you apply discounted cash flow analysis and assume lets say a 30% annual growth rate in to the ICO markets for the next 5 years ... the NPV of WINGS next year would be.... http://www.moneychimp.com/articles/valuation/dcf.htm

so if u look at wings like a tool to use that pays you when you use it correctly, it can be a profitable tool just like any other tool that has a market demand for its use

Hi Wings, In the future, will Wings evolve to doing other things/forcasing like Sports, Elections, Fashion trends etc?

Huh

WINGS focuses on forecasting financial events primarily related to group buying or funding events, and creating an ecosystem for price discovery via forecasters who are incentivized to be accurate so that people raising money and people giving money can make more informed decisions in the funding process.

WINGS is not a generalized predictions platform like Augur or Gnosis.

If it is about funding a fashion line or a sports team or political campaign it could certainly be used for that.
Activity: 175

Huh
Activity: 565
Merit: 500
Crypto enthusiast for years.
WINGs is great Project with future. Price is very low, potential for rise is significant here. My personal opinion, we will see $3-5 next summer. Good time get some WINGS, keep for forecasting and wait for right time.

Activity: 364
also we just hired another engineer whose focus will be on implementing this rewards contracts which are not automated, so as soon as he is up to speed on how things work we should have some results.
For anyone interested please join the mailing list and check the newsletters for the latest updates. It seems there is someone trying to spread misinformation.

http://us13.campaign-archive.com/home/?u=e96dd1e39a278ec293dcc8de1&id=7f951ad6e4

Latest project status updates were done just the other week.

http://mailchi.mp/wings/wings-status-projects-630665

There are 4 projects which have had their rewards contract implemented; simply go to the forecasting page to collect your reward. There are 7 which were awaiting the rewards contracts which currently are improved after each iteration and require special handling.  The dev team is focused on rolling out the Beta which should go into Ethereum testnet in a few weeks and if all is good roll out into Ethereum mainnet not too much later.

Thanks for your support, if you are in Devcon come and say hello to Boris and Stas.

Thanks for an update. Regarding the "rewards contracts", does it mean you create for each project its own specific smart-contract to reward those who voted on the Wings platform?

as we are still in the pre-beta (production alpha) we make adjustments to the reward contracts based on the feedback we are getting from the community.  also since this version uses third party contracts which we have no control over some rewards require special code (like swarm fund for example); so we develop the contract, test the results to ensure they look alright, then deploy it, then the projects fill the contract with the rewards tokens, and finally forecasters can call the contract to receive the reward.

in the beta this will be automated for the projects which use the ico contract generator; for 3rd party contracts they will fall into 2 categories: (1) ico contracts which can easily integrate with the rewards contract mechanism that is in place for the ico contract generator, or (2) contracts which require some additional code to be able to do the rewards distribution. 
Activity: 798
Merit: 102
The price of token  is very tempting today, I wonder to what level it will grow, after the hardfork.

Much hard to predict in crypto everything is possible but if you are looking for safe exit than it depend on your own goal. Everyone is waiting for beta release than it will make this project more valuable.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
The price of token  is very tempting today, I wonder to what level it will grow, after the hardfork.
Activity: 784
Merit: 255

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

Activity: 784
Merit: 255
Activity: 434
https://eloncity.io/
2 new forecasts are out on wings.ai

Great! Another opportunity to earn some $$!
I'm gonna buy more WINGS as soon as possible!

Looks like the price is going down only because of BTC fork. So, i'll wait a little bit and buy some wings closer to 16 november.
Activity: 621
Merit: 507
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
For anyone interested please join the mailing list and check the newsletters for the latest updates. It seems there is someone trying to spread misinformation.

http://us13.campaign-archive.com/home/?u=e96dd1e39a278ec293dcc8de1&id=7f951ad6e4

Latest project status updates were done just the other week.

http://mailchi.mp/wings/wings-status-projects-630665

There are 4 projects which have had their rewards contract implemented; simply go to the forecasting page to collect your reward. There are 7 which were awaiting the rewards contracts which currently are improved after each iteration and require special handling.  The dev team is focused on rolling out the Beta which should go into Ethereum testnet in a few weeks and if all is good roll out into Ethereum mainnet not too much later.

Thanks for your support, if you are in Devcon come and say hello to Boris and Stas.

Thanks for an update. Regarding the "rewards contracts", does it mean you create for each project its own specific smart-contract to reward those who voted on the Wings platform?
Activity: 728
Merit: 504
2 new forecasts are out on wings.ai

Great! Another opportunity to earn some $$!
I'm gonna buy more WINGS as soon as possible!
Jump to: