Author

Topic: WINGS ★ Where DAO Unicorns Are Born! ★ Token launched! - page 193. (Read 522762 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
hello there.

Quite new to this, how does wings work? What can prediction markets bring to the masses?

I am not sure I can see the value of this coin and platform.

Why do we need it? Isnt it just speculation form a bunch of people? sorry for the terms used.

Sorry for all the questions, just got mentioned Wings by a friend and trying to figure out how good it is.

Gotta do some reading but appreciate any help.

Thanks!

WINGS is price discovery system for valuing stuff that is being put on the market - we begin with ICO. As well as a social proof based promotion system.

Give some though to why valuation services, or price discovery is important, then you will understand.  There are many ways to go about this, you can go to 1 person, or as in our case you can ask a crowd of people who also get a forecast rating (i.e., we can ID the experts).

So what would you rather rely on? 1 guy or 500  who are competing for the top spot?

Most prefer the latter. And for the rest they can go pay some advisor fee to some so-called "crypto-economist", underprice their ICO and get only 190 participants like BAT got.  That's about 2 orders of magnitude lower than a typical "popular" ICO these days! Smiley

One question. Us, as a crowd, were terribly wrong with Bancor. Where do you think it went wrong? I predicted something like 250k ETH but was still way off

I view it as successful because no one is viewing their project as scam and indeed they nailed it. Their ICO has hidden cap which is 250k eth .. and supposedly (I may be wrong) if they stick to their ICO term.. they should stop receive funding when the hidden cap is touch. But i think that is not our problem because as WINGS's community, we had done a great job in our part.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 534
We need rules to be followed for the ICOs
the most aren't even publishing the contracts to be verified on etherscan
This is the future may become one of the main features requested by ICOs
we must decide rules and make serious forecasts
and kick out anyone not following the rules.
No contract visible = POSSIBLE SCAM
If they can change the maxcap in real time = POSSIBLE SCAM
ANY PROJECT WITHOUT THE BASIC CONDITIONS SHOUD BE MARKED AS SPAM (they can later satisfy the conditions and list the project again and again until they learn how to introduce their job)
if we want a thriving platform we must be able to select projects and learn how to be more picky and more selective!
the result will be a platform where only serious projects are pushed
If you can't read the code of the contract, the project shouldn't enter WINGS platform AT ALL!

We must write a WINGS ETIQUETTE to follow in order to list on wings

Actually, screw all that... that would defeat the purpose of wings forecasting.

We need all types of icos. Even shit ones we can call shit so that wings platform is even more credible.

Certain icos will get great forecasts and that should be the sign that it is a legitimate project worth investing in.

Other, shit icos will get a terrible forecast telling investors it's a risky investment.

Good, bad, and ugly icos should all be accepted. The more accurate wings forecasting is, the greater value the platform will become.

is it legitimate in your opinion to publish a project with an invisible contract?
or...is it a restriction to ask to publish the contract?
without any guidelines it will be just more messy

Your right, that isn't legit.
Some guidelines may be a good idea when dealing with technical issues like that, especially when we are looking at icos receiving millions
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
hallo
ANY PROJECT WITHOUT THE BASIC CONDITIONS SHOUD BE MARKED AS SPAM (they can later satisfy the conditions and list the project again and again until they learn how to introduce their job)
if we want a thriving platform we must be able to select projects and learn how to be more picky and more selective!
If you can't read the code of the contract, the project shouldn't enter WINGS platform AT ALL!

We need all types of icos. Even shit ones we can call shit so that wings platform is even more credible.

Certain icos will get great forecasts and that should be the sign that it is a legitimate project worth investing in.

Other, shit icos will get a terrible forecast telling investors it's a risky investment.

Good, bad, and ugly icos should all be accepted. The more accurate wings forecasting is, the greater value the platform will become.

is it legitimate in your opinion to publish a project with an invisible contract?
or...is it a restriction to ask to publish the contract?
without any guidelines it will be just more messy

Activity: 213
hallo

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
For now, I really don't think WIng team has been able to actually differentiate the use case of WIngs platform, prediction market also rely on crowd wisdom and that is similar to the forecasting that is taking place on Wings platform. I just hope the use case is well defined
Activity: 532
Merit: 253
hello there.

Quite new to this, how does wings work? What can prediction markets bring to the masses?

Why do we need it? Isnt it just speculation form a bunch of people? sorry for the terms used.

Sorry for all the questions, just got mentioned Wings by a friend and trying to figure out how good it is.

Thanks!

WINGS is price discovery system for valuing stuff that is being put on the market - we begin with ICO. As well as a social proof based promotion system.

Give some though to why valuation services, or price discovery is important, then you will understand.  There are many ways to go about this, you can go to 1 person, or as in our case you can ask a crowd of people who also get a forecast rating (i.e., we can ID the experts).

So what would you rather rely on? 1 guy or 500  who are competing for the top spot?

Most prefer the latter. And for the rest they can go pay some advisor fee to some so-called "crypto-economist", underprice their ICO and get only 190 participants like BAT got.  That's about 2 orders of magnitude lower than a typical "popular" ICO these days! Smiley

One question. Us, as a crowd, were terribly wrong with Bancor. Where do you think it went wrong? I predicted something like 250k ETH but was still way off
Activity: 770
Merit: 251
please @Wings unclock two-factor authentication on your website !!!
hello there.

Thanks!

Most prefer the latter. And for the rest they can go pay some advisor fee to some so-called "crypto-economist", underprice their ICO and get only 190 participants like BAT got.  That's about 2 orders of magnitude lower than a typical "popular" ICO these days! Smiley

will there be an advanced ranking system for active forecasters with very good results? will you also add a social component to it?

Yop.. they are call reputation score which is build from time to time if you are doing good job in forecasting.
Activity: 392
hello there.

Thanks!

will there be an advanced ranking system for active forecasters with very good results? will you also add a social component to it?
Wings coin is one of those coins I literally can't find a reason to sell at any price.
There is such a great use case for wings.
Forecasting rewards will only make people want to buy and holders want to use. I can only see the price rising from here on out.
Glad I participated in the ico!
Go wings
hello there.

Thanks!

Wings is a Platform for kickstarter to manage his/her crowdfunding easily. It has multiple choice of smart contract with custom feature for kickstarter to choose. It also has milestone release feature to give investor a control for their fund release. This has not been done in any project before.

Where as, WINGS token is needed to interact with the platform (create proposal, manage campaign and so on). Besides... Forecaster can come to WINGS to evaluate the future of a project by locking their WINGS token and predict an accurate result of a campaign.  In return, forecaster is rewarded small percent of bounty offer by the project based on his/her forecast's reputation. Bancor is the first project that seeks Wings to do price's discovery for their project. You might know already that they raised more than 390k Ether in 3 hour.

As for now... you may be right that the price of the token is just speculation because Wings platform is not fully 100% live yet. But... as you can see, people invest for the future before it reach massive adoption.
Activity: 840
Merit: 523
Turn your financial ideas into reality
hello there.

Thanks!

Activity: 840
Merit: 523
Turn your financial ideas into reality
One of the next ICO using WINGS will be Adex Network - 2% using WINGS Bounty App http://bounty.adex.network and 2% for forecasting & promotion more details at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19540248

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

good news Smiley... when will be another update for wings platform ? for me is to slow... and we need better security like 2fa or better. cheers

it is not possible to 2fa the privkey or mnemonic to an ethereum address... please familiarize yourself with how PKI works, for example.
Activity: 176
hello there.

Thanks!
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Weren't like all forecasts way off??  Huh

That is the beauty of Wings . Until such time that we get used it  then we will enjoy doing the forecast because of the reward system. Pretty soon hundreds of projects are being lined up for forecast and we will be able to reap such bonus. It gives every wing token the power to get some new assets.
Activity: 219
https://foxtrading.io/?ref=xykdazw8
Weren't like all forecasts way off??  Huh
Activity: 868
Merit: 506
I guess the Bancor forecast is over?

Where can I find detailed instructions to participate in future forecastings? I've never done anything like this.

I still don't understand the prediction reward system. Amount of rewards are based on how high your locked Wings? Not all participants can get a reward if I understand it correctly.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I guess the Bancor forecast is over?

Where can I find detailed instructions to participate in future forecastings? I've never done anything like this.
Jump to: