Author

Topic: WINGS ★ Where DAO Unicorns Are Born! ★ Token launched! - page 369. (Read 522763 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
Can any devs confirm this rule stated in the TOS?

7.8  Minimum Target Amount

After the “WINGS Donation Campaign” completion, “WINGS” will not accept additional donations in order to avoid project over-funding. However, if the minimum target amount of 5000 BTC has not been reached during the “WINGS Donation Campaign”, “WINGS” may propose to create another donation round.

I have never seen that before. They said that if goal is not reached, then platform will still be running.

That's why I need a confirmation directly from the devs.

That is indeed part of the backing campaign contract, however, more WINGS cannot be created without the approval of the WINGS DAO. It was put in there mainly to ensure that eventually the foundation goes away (i.e., runs out of money) and things are driven by DAO contracts and the community but we need to get the contracts to a state that complete self-governance and decisions can be made continually iterate and self-improve.

We're going to start with the basics and see how far we can get.

Since the WINGS Foundation does not have funds for the later milestones at this time and has not passed that 5k threshold, it may elect to do those things as separate project DAOs in the future by doing a donation crowdfund via the WINGS Foundation Swiss entity. Or it can propose to do another donation round by asking the DAO to create more WINGS for the foundation. 

The DAO could also choose via a proposal to, for example, route some of the DAO's service fees to the Foundation to hire more developers without the need to create more WINGS.

Or if things go very well (meaning lots of projects launch using the platform) the WINGS Foundation may get additional funding from the WINGS it holds and any service fees it obtains via participating in the forecasting process.  Although we need to check with the legal team exactly how that might work and whether the foundation can appoint some forecasting advisors.

Who knows maybe we can get people like Mary Meeker, Warren Buffett, or Henry Blodget (he's only banned from the securities industry not from crypto!) the living famous stock oracles to help the foundation.

So will the roadmap and the time of token distribution be affected if the 5k threshold isn't reached?

the roadmap is determined by how much funds are received.  right now we are at milestone 1.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
wings.ai

can you display how many funds collected via referral registrations

click on "menu" then "settings"
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Is there any deadline to hatch the eggs and what is conversion rate will be applied. Amount for bounties still confusing for me. Is that 25,000,000 or less?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Most effective today is to invest by Ether Classic and Ripple. This is 2-3 times more profitable than invest Ethereum or 10 times via Btc.

how can you sure about that? Or its just your prediction

Shit!! Damn it! Why the did it!! I lost my chance to keep max possible wings... Guys why did u showed that allocation calculator for everyone!!? Now everyone can invest in alts because they know they can get several times more wings. F*ck. Now im angry!

Guys. That number is not finalized yet. Of cause they will make it equal with other coin in the end after they know the total donations.

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Most effective today is to invest by Ether Classic and Ripple. This is 2-3 times more profitable than invest Ethereum or 10 times via Btc.

Shit!! Damn it! Why the did it!! I lost my chance to keep max possible wings... Guys why did u showed that allocation calculator for everyone!!? Now everyone can invest in alts because they know they can get several times more wings. F*ck. Now im angry!
Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
wings.ai

can you display how many funds collected via referral registrations
Activity: 504
@Densitymaxx: can you explain your theory a bit further? if it sounds reasonable i will sell my house and invest in these two coins Wink
Activity: 437
Activity: 425

After the “WINGS Donation Campaign” completion, “WINGS” will not accept additional donations in order to avoid project over-funding. However, if the minimum target amount of 5000 BTC has not been reached during the “WINGS Donation Campaign”, “WINGS” may propose to create another donation round.

I have never seen that before. They said that if goal is not reached, then platform will still be running.

That is indeed part of the backing campaign contract, however, more WINGS cannot be created without the approval of the WINGS DAO. It was put in there mainly to ensure that eventually the foundation goes away (i.e., runs out of money) and things are driven by DAO contracts and the community but we need to get the contracts to a state that complete self-governance and decisions can be made continually iterate and self-improve.

Since the WINGS Foundation does not have funds for the later milestones at this time and has not passed that 5k threshold, it may elect to do those things as separate project DAOs in the future by doing a donation crowdfund via the WINGS Foundation Swiss entity. Or it can propose to do another donation round by asking the DAO to create more WINGS for the foundation. 

The DAO could also choose via a proposal to, for example, route some of the DAO's service fees to the Foundation to hire more developers without the need to create more WINGS.

Or if things go very well (meaning lots of projects launch using the platform) the WINGS Foundation may get additional funding from the WINGS it holds and any service fees it obtains via participating in the forecasting process.  Although we need to check with the legal team exactly how that might work and whether the foundation can appoint some forecasting advisors.

Who knows maybe we can get people like Mary Meeker, Warren Buffett, or Henry Blodget (he's only banned from the securities industry not from crypto!) the living famous stock oracles to help the foundation.

So will the roadmap and the time of token distribution be affected if the 5k threshold isn't reached?
Activity: 532
Merit: 253
How much of marketing do you expect to do before release of a working product to attract clients?

people are already approaching us and expressing interest in using the platform. i would say that roughly speaking various team members have spoken to perhaps 40+ various potential projects that have some interest in this.  we already are doing marketing in russia:

http://forklog.net/wings-and-forklog-announce-a-contest-for-the-best-concept-for-a-dao/ (30 projects submitted)

We will launch the alpha demo in the next week, which will let people submit projects, forecast on them (simplified version) and possibly do some trial crowdfunding using testnet RSK (still pending testing some things so this is not for sure yet) - we'll give away some prizes for this.  If it goes as well as the forklog project we can expect to have a good number of prospective future WINGS project DAOs.  I recommend you start amassing some RSK here: faucet.rsk.co use the Jaxx wallet Grin

the people on the project side we speak with the interest seems to be 3-fold:

1) getting access to the DAO governance tech so that their community of coinholders can be involved in decision-making

2) engaging with the community of WINGS holders to get the ones who forecast favorably of a concept to participate in various bounties to grow early adoption and marketing

3) get feedback from a large community on how to adjust and edit proposals to a state that is marketable

here is one:

https://cointelegraph.com/press-releases/stremio-selects-wings-dao-management-platform-for-the-adex-crowdfunding-campaign

we're talking to others to get customer requirements and to do knowledge transfer so that it does not take them 9+ months to do their crowdfunding.

lastly, we expect that anyone who is holding a decent amount of WINGS will obviously be interested to do some word of mouth marketing - just think, bitcoin didn't get big with only Satoshi going around talking to people.  so we'll work on community enablement type stuff next year as well particularly on the international side in the non-english speaking parts of the world who do not have their own kickstarters and indiegogos.

Does that mean that you will already start doing "business" during the ICO? You have working demo of the platform in place already?

Does that mean that you will already start doing "business" during the ICO?

It means we plan to launch an alpha demo for demonstration purposes only.

You have working demo of the platform in place already?

There has been an alpha demo of some of the project proposal and forecast feature (very basic) for a couple months now. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV6yiuBabIw

Ok thank you, I read something about it a while ago but I wasnt sure how far is it. If you do not mind then I would like to repost that great news to other people because I think it is great that you already have people that will test alpha version  Wink
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Egg portal for redeeming bounties is sure as busy as christmas shoppers would be nowadays. Just can't wait to accumulate finally my eggs to know the total of my wings tokens.

When will we find out the exact amount of our tokens from eggs?

On JAN 6

there has been about 250,000 eggs hatched so far Smiley

I know a few writers/translators who haven't turned there's in yet, so I think it might be something like 5 wings for every egg, but we will see.

Still waiting for the final number on my eggs accumulation before I redeem it. So far so good for me. Go WINGS.
Activity: 840
Merit: 523
Turn your financial ideas into reality
How much of marketing do you expect to do before release of a working product to attract clients?

people are already approaching us and expressing interest in using the platform. i would say that roughly speaking various team members have spoken to perhaps 40+ various potential projects that have some interest in this.  we already are doing marketing in russia:

http://forklog.net/wings-and-forklog-announce-a-contest-for-the-best-concept-for-a-dao/ (30 projects submitted)

We will launch the alpha demo in the next week, which will let people submit projects, forecast on them (simplified version) and possibly do some trial crowdfunding using testnet RSK (still pending testing some things so this is not for sure yet) - we'll give away some prizes for this.  If it goes as well as the forklog project we can expect to have a good number of prospective future WINGS project DAOs.  I recommend you start amassing some RSK here: faucet.rsk.co use the Jaxx wallet Grin

1) getting access to the DAO governance tech so that their community of coinholders can be involved in decision-making

2) engaging with the community of WINGS holders to get the ones who forecast favorably of a concept to participate in various bounties to grow early adoption and marketing

3) get feedback from a large community on how to adjust and edit proposals to a state that is marketable

here is one:

https://cointelegraph.com/press-releases/stremio-selects-wings-dao-management-platform-for-the-adex-crowdfunding-campaign

we're talking to others to get customer requirements and to do knowledge transfer so that it does not take them 9+ months to do their crowdfunding.

lastly, we expect that anyone who is holding a decent amount of WINGS will obviously be interested to do some word of mouth marketing - just think, bitcoin didn't get big with only Satoshi going around talking to people.  so we'll work on community enablement type stuff next year as well particularly on the international side in the non-english speaking parts of the world who do not have their own kickstarters and indiegogos.

Does that mean that you will already start doing "business" during the ICO? You have working demo of the platform in place already?

Does that mean that you will already start doing "business" during the ICO?

It means we plan to launch an alpha demo for demonstration purposes only.

You have working demo of the platform in place already?

There has been an alpha demo of some of the project proposal and forecast feature (very basic) for a couple months now. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV6yiuBabIw

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

here is one:

Hello, sorry to bother you guys with a bounty question but I want to hatch my eggs and I can't login with my bounty credentials on Wings fly site. What am I suppose to do? Create another account?

I think you need to ask for a password reset

https://fly.wings.ai/#/?forgot=1

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply, that was the problem, it was weird because I could actually login to both sites separately. Must be my browser password generator using a different password.

yea sounds like you reset it on one of the services - there is no unified log in system developed for this
legendary
Activity: 1568
Hello, sorry to bother you guys with a bounty question but I want to hatch my eggs and I can't login with my bounty credentials on Wings fly site. What am I suppose to do? Create another account?

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply, that was the problem, it was weird because I could actually login to both sites separately. Must be my browser password generator using a different password.

legendary
Activity: 1568

here is one:

Jump to: