Author

Topic: WINGS ★ Where DAO Unicorns Are Born! ★ Token launched! - page 438. (Read 522763 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Bountie- Do You Have Game?
Don't need to save BTC as of the moment . Eggs are available through different bounty schemes.

I know but I also noticed a lot of social media campaigns have closed already  Undecided

twitter still gets Eggs

you can also get FB like Eggs

the newsletter referral was closed because of getting too much spam from Indonesia, China, Russia Smiley
I have claimed twitter and facebook bounty sejak 1 month ago,but status still pending. It's true?
it's true brow ......!!
I have claimed twitter and facebook bounty too but pending,
regards indonesia mennnn !!! Wink  Grin

Activity: 430
Merit: 250
Don't need to save BTC as of the moment . Eggs are available through different bounty schemes.

I know but I also noticed a lot of social media campaigns have closed already  Undecided

twitter still gets Eggs

you can also get FB like Eggs

the newsletter referral was closed because of getting too much spam from Indonesia, China, Russia Smiley
I have claimed twitter and facebook bounty 1 month ago,but status still pending. It's true?
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1014
I am glad to be part of this great project! Wink
Activity: 724
Merit: 500
Any ETA on when the ICO begins? Still this year?
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002
@wings.ai
In the WINGS Specification Series #1 post it states:
WINGS is going to leverage this consensus technology in order to create a last resort recovery for funds that are kept in the Rootstock side-chain. In the case the side-chain is breached, and funds are being transacted to a non-authorized address, a request will be submitted to the federation to cancel the transaction and restore the funds back.

How is this different from the way Bitgo and Bitfinex were setup? Surely the federated members holding the keys in Rootstock are not going to manually go through every withdraw request for moving the transactions to the bitcoin main chain? They would likely have an automated system that approves legitimate transaction regardless if a person had come over these funds in a non-legitimate manner? If so, then this last line of resort doesn't really help Wings, this would be the equivalent as theDAO attacker making a withdraw request, and it would go through without any problems as the attacker had the control of the funds.

I understand that it makes a good marketing point, but in reality, how much help is this last line of defence for stopping an attacker withdrawing funds from the Wings platform?
Looking forward to the coming white paper specifications, they make for good reading!

While this functionality is still under a design and discussion between us and RSK, the current approach is to withhold the transactions for a predefined amount of time, notifying the DAO owner and giving a chance to request it's cancellation (essentially rolling it back), then lock down the contract to prevent further funds draining. The vulnerability then could be resolved via contract upgrade, and distributed to other DAOs as well via the Wings platform mechanisms.

Thank you wings.ai for the reply!
I was thinking for this a bit more and was wondering who has the ultimate control of a DAO? Is it the DAO owner or will there be a meta-layer, so to say, that allows the wings platform to force said DAO contracts to wait in line before cashing out in terms of the DAO owner not being able to lock down the DAO?

Say that there are 1 million DAOs working on the Wings network. In the case of a major hack like the slock.it-theDAO collapse, will it be required for each DAO creator to lock down their own DAOs and then cancel the contracts or can, or maybe should, the Wings platform assist in doing this for all DAOs?

This would also mean that every DAO creator has the final saying for how the funds are used for every DAO contract? eg, the curator stands above the legality of the DAO contract? Would this be putting the DAO creator in a liable situation if the creator has the means of preventing theft but fails to do so?

There is no singular DAO creator by the way.

Right now we are keeping our cards close to the chest as there is a lot of competition in the space, and will reveal the secret sauce strategically.

Good question though Wink

What sort of work do you do?

No problemo, fair enough Wink I'll have to wait for the white paper or the upcoming blog posts.
I'm a mechanical engineer so I have no background in computer science or the like... just your average crypto addict Wink
Activity: 840
Merit: 523
Turn your financial ideas into reality
@wings.ai
WINGS is going to leverage this consensus technology in order to create a last resort recovery for funds that are kept in the Rootstock side-chain. In the case the side-chain is breached, and funds are being transacted to a non-authorized address, a request will be submitted to the federation to cancel the transaction and restore the funds back.

How is this different from the way Bitgo and Bitfinex were setup? Surely the federated members holding the keys in Rootstock are not going to manually go through every withdraw request for moving the transactions to the bitcoin main chain? They would likely have an automated system that approves legitimate transaction regardless if a person had come over these funds in a non-legitimate manner? If so, then this last line of resort doesn't really help Wings, this would be the equivalent as theDAO attacker making a withdraw request, and it would go through without any problems as the attacker had the control of the funds.

I understand that it makes a good marketing point, but in reality, how much help is this last line of defence for stopping an attacker withdrawing funds from the Wings platform?
Looking forward to the coming white paper specifications, they make for good reading!

While this functionality is still under a design and discussion between us and RSK, the current approach is to withhold the transactions for a predefined amount of time, notifying the DAO owner and giving a chance to request it's cancellation (essentially rolling it back), then lock down the contract to prevent further funds draining. The vulnerability then could be resolved via contract upgrade, and distributed to other DAOs as well via the Wings platform mechanisms.

I was thinking for this a bit more and was wondering who has the ultimate control of a DAO? Is it the DAO owner or will there be a meta-layer, so to say, that allows the wings platform to force said DAO contracts to wait in line before cashing out in terms of the DAO owner not being able to lock down the DAO?

Say that there are 1 million DAOs working on the Wings network. In the case of a major hack like the slock.it-theDAO collapse, will it be required for each DAO creator to lock down their own DAOs and then cancel the contracts or can, or maybe should, the Wings platform assist in doing this for all DAOs?

This would also mean that every DAO creator has the final saying for how the funds are used for every DAO contract? eg, the curator stands above the legality of the DAO contract? Would this be putting the DAO creator in a liable situation if the creator has the means of preventing theft but fails to do so?

There is no singular DAO creator by the way.

Right now we are keeping our cards close to the chest as there is a lot of competition in the space, and will reveal the secret sauce strategically.

Good question though Wink

What sort of work do you do?
legendary
@wings.ai

Activity: 840
Merit: 523
Turn your financial ideas into reality
@wings.ai

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
For those who want some Eggs, go Hunt and there are still some that are lurking (just like Pokemon Go).
Activity: 1596
Merit: 534
when is plan WINGS's coind added to market placed exchanger
and where is first plan added market exchanger ? yobit, c-cex,bittrex or poloniex

Well that would probably depend on how many btc are collected in ico.
But I believe YOBIT is planning IOU tokens pretty soon
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
when is plan WINGS's coin added to market placed exchanger
and where is first plan added market exchanger ? yobit, c-cex,bittrex or poloniex
legendary
@wings.ai

Just waiting for another part of the whitepaper series ....
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
Gonna check too. It seems there are less bounty here compare to other ICO . It's probably a premium token we are looking at here.
legendary
Activity: 1288

I know but I also noticed a lot of social media campaigns have closed already  Undecided

Probably some of its API have restrictions. Try twitter Wings is still running the campaign . Try tweeting about Wings.

I'm gonna go read the rules and use one that is still available, most of the social media ones are already gone though.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
How bout ten real world examples why someone would use your token? Beyond crypto philosophy and actual pragmatic use like steemit. Who does your token serve and why does it have inherent value?

I know but I also noticed a lot of social media campaigns have closed already  Undecided

Probably some of its API have restrictions. Try twitter Wings is still running the campaign . Try tweeting about Wings.
legendary
Activity: 1288

It seems devs are geared up towards posting the whitepaper in series . Anticipate the next blog.
legendary
Is this thing still on or did it die with the DAO?

The team buckled down on security after theDAO hack and the ethereum fork. Work is being done on the Wings platform, it's just been set back a matter of months from what the initial launch plan was. My guestimation is that we will see activity from the Wings team in September and October as they get more and more of the security concerns completed, although I have virtually nothing to back this claim other than reading between the lines of the latest blog posts.

As a popular proverb says " One Step Backward, Two Step Forward". I think devs are ready to unleash the potentials and more. Anticipating with a lot of promise. Getting my BTC ready and as well as ETH. My target 10k Wings token.

Do you know any news about the total amount of tokens, amount to be sold in a ICO etc? Otherwise your statement of 10K seems uncertain.

No information yet as to how many tokens would be up for grabs but I have a rough estimate as I have already accumulated a great number of Eggs so why stop there? Anyway my objective is achievable even if there is no official specs yet.

Sure, I think you are in a great position with all those eggs Wink
We'll probably know sooner then later as the team gets those blog post coming. I haven't finished reading the tech post, but it looked great from the little what I have read so far.
Jump to: