Pages:
Author

Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization - page 13. (Read 101126 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
@TeamWinMiner: Is mining ETN optimized well for the CPU?
When I mine ETN in a pool with xmr-stak, it says 320 H/s for the CPU. Winminer uses ClaymoreOldCryptoNoteCPU according to the jobdecision in settings and it says there 295 h/s.
Another question why winminer says 261 h/s in the mainwindow mining ETN on CPU?
thanks
Lajos
WinMiner supports xmr-stak as well. You are welcome to use it if it works better for you.
Jobdecision data - is derived from the benchmark results. That means that at the time of running the benchmark check your machine did 295h/s for that coin.
Live dashboard data - shows the real time hash rate being generated by your machine.

I' d like to have winminer to make the decision about the most profitable coin and choose the best miner software for that purpose. I just didn't see that working well but if you say I should do a new benchmarking then I'll try that. thanks
Activity: 14
@TeamWinMiner
Two quick questions -
First, should we continue to send you error reports of the idle issue or do you have enough data already? On two of my 1070 systems I could send you new reports literally 10 or more times each day (since that is about how often it happens on those systems) but I don't know if that would be helpful or just pester you.
2nd, is there a way or a link to grab the most recent beta? Lately just checking "allow beta" in the options doesn't seem to trigger it for me, but I like to keep a current beta copy handy for testing.
Thanks!
We have analyzed the logs you have sent and responded to you on Feb 13. Will ask support to resend the email to you again. Take a look, try the suggested actions and let us know if issue is resolved.
Re the beta checkbox - we will check this, since it should auto update beta versions when the checkbox is selected. In the meantime, if you check the beta testers box, then fully exit WinMiner and run it again it should definitely fetch the latest beta. 

Support's suggestion wasn't the issue, so I just send them a detailed reply.

And I have tried that checkbox of course, on multiple systems, two OS's, with both fresh WinMiner installs and ones that have been running for a while. Nothing will trigger the beta download for me. Perhaps this is another issue only with the portable version? It is all I use.
Activity: 423
Merit: 105
Users of Nvidia cards use your service is meaningless. I start mining at 1080ti, and I include the ETN with a return of about $ 1.5
Please send us log file (Help > Send Error Report; and write your nick name on this forum in the comments section).

We will quickly take a look and get back to you.
@TeamWinMiner
Two quick questions -
First, should we continue to send you error reports of the idle issue or do you have enough data already? On two of my 1070 systems I could send you new reports literally 10 or more times each day (since that is about how often it happens on those systems) but I don't know if that would be helpful or just pester you.
2nd, is there a way or a link to grab the most recent beta? Lately just checking "allow beta" in the options doesn't seem to trigger it for me, but I like to keep a current beta copy handy for testing.
Thanks!
We have analyzed the logs you have sent and responded to you on Feb 13. Will ask support to resend the email to you again. Take a look, try the suggested actions and let us know if issue is resolved.
Re the beta checkbox - we will check this, since it should auto update beta versions when the checkbox is selected. In the meantime, if you check the beta testers box, then fully exit WinMiner and run it again it should definitely fetch the latest beta. 
When I mine ETN in a pool with xmr-stak, it says 320 H/s for the CPU. Winminer uses ClaymoreOldCryptoNoteCPU according to the jobdecision in settings and it says there 295 h/s.
thanks
Lajos
WinMiner supports xmr-stak as well. You are welcome to use it if it works better for you.
Jobdecision data - is derived from the benchmark results. That means that at the time of running the benchmark check your machine did 295h/s for that coin.
Live dashboard data - shows the real time hash rate being generated by your machine.
Users of Nvidia cards use your service is meaningless. I start mining at 1080ti, and I include the ETN with a return of about $ 1.5

Give it a bit more time. During the benchmarking stage it will sometimes pick incorrect coins to mine. It will "learn" by trial and error.  Let it run for at least a full day or two, then see what it reports.
Activity: 32
The GPU issue happened to me even with the Setup version and Manual mode on.
Restarting the PC seems to at least stop the GPU if you uncheck the GPUs before it has the chance to start mining. The CPU doesn't seem to have problems but the GPUs just benchmarks a bit and then will stay on "idle" even though I can hear and feel it running.
Hope to at least hear from the team that they're addressing the issue, but hopefully they're collecting the data from our logs to solve this.
I found a similar issue although not related to WinMiner, I think? Mostly an issue with the miner. I decided to mine Ethereum Classic on my desktop computer with a RX 570 and 2 1060 3GB, but while the RX 570 mined Ethereum Classic just fine, the 1060 3GB GPUs didnt, WinMiner even downloaded several miners but eventually gave up and the GPUs remained actually idle, without mining.

Is it because of the amount of memory of my 1060 3GB cards? I wonder

Although I did see the same problem you are describing with earlier versions, I have not seen it happen to me with 1.109 yet. However I don't think the AI that decides if a card is appropriate to use with a particular miner or not is fully tweaked yet... I still see WinMiner try to mine with some very unsuitable cards, like a GeForce 8400 GS or even integrated nVidia chipset video. I'm sure they will get it perfected once they gather enough feedback.
@TeamWinMiner

Two quick questions -

Thanks!
Activity: 10
Hi. Just wanted to update on the GPU issue that was talked about here earlier. TeamWinminer support emailed me on the matter and said that it was actually just an outdated GPU driver issue. So if you're having the same problem, try updating your GPU drivers and clear benchmark in Winminer then try it out.

Kudos to them on getting to the root of the issue and helping me out.  Cheesy
Hope it works for the others as well.
Activity: 7

thanks
Lajos
Restarting the PC seems to at least stop the GPU if you uncheck the GPUs before it has the chance to start mining. The CPU doesn't seem to have problems but the GPUs just benchmarks a bit and then will stay on "idle" even though I can hear and feel it running.
Hope to at least hear from the team that they're addressing the issue, but hopefully they're collecting the data from our logs to solve this.
I found a similar issue although not related to WinMiner, I think? Mostly an issue with the miner. I decided to mine Ethereum Classic on my desktop computer with a RX 570 and 2 1060 3GB, but while the RX 570 mined Ethereum Classic just fine, the 1060 3GB GPUs didnt, WinMiner even downloaded several miners but eventually gave up and the GPUs remained actually idle, without mining.

DAG size for ETC is 2.53GB which theoretically should make the 1060 3GB sufficient, however, if additional GPU memory allocation is required (e.g. by the OS) it just may push it over the limit.
Perhaps you want to try using the low intensity DAG (it is a checkbox in the miner settings) option in WinMiner. Cant say for sure that it will do the magic but it just might be the extra push to make it work... 

When in "all coins" mode WinMiner will automatically avoid coins that can not be mined by the available hardware, and go for the right coin at any given time that is mineable by the available hardware.

Activity: 126

I am hoping it gets resolved soon, but I have not heard back from them recently. Either they are working hard on it or they are ignoring me :-)
Definitely not ignoring you, on the contrary, we said we are committed to resolve the issues you reported and are working at it  Smiley
We have already fixed the first two issues you reported.
Re the “forget” issue – it was also fixed, but apparently not fully fixed for the portable version. Will be fixed in the next release.
The “Idle” issue – is currently being analyzed by Devteam. We will nail it down and fix it as well.

emailed them and never even heard back once.
Sorry for that, please email support again and mention your nick on this forum so we can see what went wrong with your email. We will do our best to fix asap so you can keep enjoying PayPal.. Smiley

In regards to WinMiner forgetting all of its settings, that's because you are using the Portable version
You are right on! Issue was fixed for the installed version and apparently not fully solved for portable. We have fully fixed it in the version update coming out very soon.
Thank you for helping others! Much appreciated!

Absolutely! Devteam are analyzing your data and will respond to your email shortly.
Activity: 10
I had been working with support on two annoying issues. Specifically:

- the one where WinMiner would suddenly "forget" all its settings and need to be setup again with email address, etc.

- the idle issue, where the GPU would just switch to idle for no apparent reason, and stay that way until the machine was rebooted and WinMiner restarted.

At first support was very prompt, receptive, and seemed genuinely interested in fixing the issues. However I now haven't heard back from them in a week after sending multiple log files showing the problem. I'm starting to think they are ghosting me, or are just unwilling or unable to fix them. I need to decide if I want to stick it out, or just move along to Nicehash...

I'd appreciate it if anyone else can confirm if they are also seeing these issues with v1.109? I'd really like to know if it is common or just me. Thanks!

the iddle issue is very very easy to fix. Just use Manual mode and Start and Stop WinMiner whenever you want. Then you also have Farm Mode, but maybe that's not what you want.

In regards to WinMiner forgetting all of its settings, that's because you are using the Portable version, most probably. It happened to me when I used the Portable version, but never ever using the installed version.

Best regards!

Thanks for the info about portable mode. I will try the full version on one of my machines to see if that fixes it.

As far as the idle issue, starting and stopping doesn't solve the problem. If I start my machine, then don't check on it until the next day, it is very frustrating to discover that it decided to stop mining on its own 15 minutes later and I lost 23 hours 45 minutes of mining time. Much worse, as another poster mentioned earlier, is that the GPU is often still cranking away full speed and using my electricity while WinMiner reports it is "idle" and earning zero.
Activity: 126

- the one where WinMiner would suddenly "forget" all its settings and need to be setup again with email address, etc.

- the idle issue, where the GPU would just switch to idle for no apparent reason, and stay that way until the machine was rebooted and WinMiner restarted.

At first support was very prompt, receptive, and seemed genuinely interested in fixing the issues. However I now haven't heard back from them in a week after sending multiple log files showing the problem. I'm starting to think they are ghosting me, or are just unwilling or unable to fix them. I need to decide if I want to stick it out, or just move along to Nicehash...

I'd appreciate it if anyone else can confirm if they are also seeing these issues with v1.109? I'd really like to know if it is common or just me. Thanks!

the iddle issue is very very easy to fix. Just use Manual mode and Start and Stop WinMiner whenever you want. Then you also have Farm Mode, but maybe that's not what you want.

In regards to WinMiner forgetting all of its settings, that's because you are using the Portable version, most probably. It happened to me when I used the Portable version, but never ever using the installed version.

Best regards!
Activity: 2

dont feel bad because i had both the excat same problems and emailed them and never even heard back once. i dont know if it still happens because i stopeed using it untl they fix it but i really liked the paypal and would like to try again
Hi, first time posting here. Just wanted to ask if the email I sent to support the other day was received regarding the error report of UI and GPU usage.
My GPU seems to still be in use and temp doesn't go down even if Winminer says it's on Idle.
Here's the Incident ID: ec26bb76-9eb5-4d42-ad59-9dd92e243e5c

I can't tell you if WinMiner got your email, but I can tell you that they are aware of this problem because I have been pestering them about the same thing for a couple weeks now. I am hoping it gets resolved soon, but I have not heard back from them recently. Either they are working hard on it or they are ignoring me :-)
Activity: 2
Has anyone recently compared WinMiner with (the revived) Nicehash in terms of performance / yield?

yes i tried but winminer would not stay running for the whole day kept crashing on me. or it sometimes would just stop mining for no reason which is why i stopped using it. b ut when it was running it said it was making about the smae as nicehash.
Pages:
Jump to: