Pages:
Author

Topic: Winner of this year, ETH or BTC? - page 67. (Read 5916 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 1
June 21, 2018, 06:28:28 AM
This and next year, most likely bitcoin will retain its leadership, but then the Etherium will move it!
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
June 21, 2018, 06:23:56 AM
Hello everyone!

Recently, I was thinkig. Is there really any reason for the BTC to be the market leader? The only thing that is giving the value to BTC is pretty much the fact, that it was the first crypto currency. It is the grandfather of all cryptos. But we know it has its flaws... It was never designed for broad usage, it has scaling issues and so on.

On the other hand, we were given ETH. The Crypto Kitties or w/e the awesome internet meme ETH appliction is called showed us, that ETH network has issues with high amounts of usage. BUT, 90% of all altcoins are based on the ERC-20 standard, brought to us by ETH. The smart contracts using the Solidity are extremly good piece of technolgy.

So my question is. Do you think, that BTC will keep its leadership, or will ETH be the winner of this year and surpass its ancestor?

Sorry to say but Bitcoin will always be the winner and will dominate the market. The fact that it is the first cryptocurrency, it is hard to ignore that without Bitcoin all altcoin will not exist no matter how advance their technology or their features.
Activity: 352
Merit: 100
June 21, 2018, 05:24:54 AM
Hello everyone!

Recently, I was thinkig. Is there really any reason for the BTC to be the market leader? The only thing that is giving the value to BTC is pretty much the fact, that it was the first crypto currency. It is the grandfather of all cryptos. But we know it has its flaws... It was never designed for broad usage, it has scaling issues and so on.

On the other hand, we were given ETH. The Crypto Kitties or w/e the awesome internet meme ETH appliction is called showed us, that ETH network has issues with high amounts of usage. BUT, 90% of all altcoins are based on the ERC-20 standard, brought to us by ETH. The smart contracts using the Solidity are extremly good piece of technolgy.

So my question is. Do you think, that BTC will keep its leadership, or will ETH be the winner of this year and surpass its ancestor?

In my opinion, I think bitcoin will remain the best and leader of other crypto irrespective of the flaws it has. Although ethereum is also very good and has unique qualities/fuctions, It will remain the best altcoin while bitcoin will remain the best cryptocurrency.
Activity: 144
Merit: 0
June 21, 2018, 05:24:00 AM
I think bitcoin will still rule and stay at the top rank in crypto currency market, bitcoin is hard to beat and they are have a lot of investors and holders. Will need a very hard work to reach bitcoin.
Activity: 36
June 21, 2018, 05:20:53 AM
I think bitcoin is still no one for marketing. because Bitcoin will not give first place in terms of rotation and capitalization.
Activity: 86
June 21, 2018, 05:13:51 AM
For us, we will hold both.
Because for both of us is also a good thing that we hold in the long run, seeing the development of both coins is also good in the future, so we easily generate many benefits.
Activity: 116
June 21, 2018, 05:11:26 AM
Bitcoin leads other cryptocurrencies too much. I think it is impossible to surpass Bitcoin this year. So I think the winner this year is still Bitcoin, but I believe Ethereum will have better development in the future.
Activity: 204
June 21, 2018, 04:37:43 AM
For me, Eth is a good coin this year, many more good news on ethereum, especially eth the comfortable we use bounty hunter.
Activity: 264
Merit: 101
June 21, 2018, 04:36:46 AM
Hello everyone!

ETH will launch POS system and it means the mining will be stop. on other side ETH have some program for sharding and other developments, it means if you hold ETH you will take more profit compare with BTC.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 266
> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500
June 21, 2018, 04:33:48 AM
For me Bitcoin will be king forever, Etherum could only has faster pumps or bigger income price in some period of time but btc will be on first place till the end of crypto market for me.
Activity: 99
June 21, 2018, 04:31:16 AM
The number always for me is Bitcoin. It will take years to over take bitcoin because but there are some numbers of alternative coins that can really surpass BTC which ETH the second digital currency and the most flexible currency among the altcoins.
Activity: 196
Express Gratitude With Merit
June 20, 2018, 06:06:33 PM
Personally, I would say that taking into account the first half of this year, neither Bitcoin nor Ethereum are winning so far. I think fiat is winning at the moment. Strong manipulations of the market and huge dump of BTC price from 15k-20k dollars to 6-7k$ proves that the cryptocurrency itself has problems that must be solved as soon as possible to make this market to recover and become at list stable. With each huge correction, more and more people get "squeezed" and stop investing in cryptos losing faith in it. People stop investing in ICOs, 'cause it is hard to find decent ones among the big number of them. The majority of them are just projects that want to make a quick fortune out of nothing. So, in the first half of 2018, I think, cryptocurrency is not a winner at all. Will see what happens next. Hope, autumn will be more preferable for cryptos as it was the previous year.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 276
June 20, 2018, 05:53:36 PM
we will see. i think ethereum is going to be the winner of this year. because it looks pretty much stronger comparing with bitcoin. because it is not affected from news and manipulations like bitcoin did this year.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
June 20, 2018, 05:43:47 PM
Hello everyone!

According to this, Ethereum and bitcoin will be the winners of this year in addition to many other altcoins. I am sure this year we will start to see big profits from now on. This natural altcoin and bitcoin season will also rise in price. but all coin prices depend on BTC. As BTC increases, other altcoin prices increase and vice versa.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
June 20, 2018, 09:45:45 AM
so far, none of these coins is the winner relative to each other. it is not known how the year will end and whether these coins will be able to gain in price. but my bet will still be on bitcoin. so far it looks a little stronger than its other competitors.
Activity: 182
June 20, 2018, 09:37:32 AM
Bitcoin is still too tough to beat, although Eth is a good coin and has a high price potential, but it takes a tough struggle for Eth to beat Bitcoin. and my estimates, Bitcoin will remain the number one coin at the highest price this year.
Activity: 924
Merit: 255
June 20, 2018, 09:33:07 AM
I think by the end of the year and the coming years, the Ethereum and Bitcoin will please us with a significant growth. The cryptocurrency market is still too young, and there are many prospects ahead, the main thing is to believe.
Well, anyhow everything still needs a process on its growth against all that affects it, and anyway.. this is something that has a high chance of being more acceptable because of the many things in it that can play a role as a side of the advanced and the financial system for the country. About ETH and ethereum.. i think it will always be side by side
Activity: 30
June 20, 2018, 09:06:36 AM
BTC, ATH: 20k down to current (6700) vs ETH, which was 1,400 down to 500ish. When i did the math the percentage loss seems to be about the same (math is not my strong suit, so it is possible i calculated the percentage change wrong). So from that standpoint, they both lost equally. However, from a non price standpoint, i think ETH is the clear winner because of superior technology. From my personal perspective, i will never send BTC to exchanges because it takes forever to get there, and as we know in the crypto game, seconds can make or a break a position or trade. ETH, while not being perfect, got to the destination a lot faster and typically the blocks get mined pretty quickly, unlike BTC. Scaling solutions for BTC have not lived up to the promises. I think moving forward, from a technological standpoint, ETH is the clear winner and that is why it is favored for ICOS. I liken BTC to American Online in the early web days. It was the undisputed king; however, now it is basically a relic from a different time. BTC led the way for the crypto revolution, but i do not believe it will be around in the next 5 to 10 years; for that matter, ETH may not even be around.

The winner is ETH for now. I think they may both be losers in a historical view.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
June 20, 2018, 08:53:14 AM
ETH is one strong currency but the winner will remain bitcoin since it is the strongest coin in the market and for sure it will be the one also from now on
Activity: 223
June 20, 2018, 08:43:55 AM
As far as I'm concerned, Ethereum and bitcoin will be the winners of the year in addition to many other altcoins. I am sure this year we will start to see big profits from now on. This natural altcoin and bitcoin season will also rise in price. but all coin prices depend on BTC. As BTC increases, other altcoin prices increase and so vice versa. Hopefully forever like this.

Pages:
Jump to: