Pages:
Author

Topic: Women in the cryptocurrency industry - page 17. (Read 2534 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
December 09, 2017, 06:08:04 AM
crypto currency is not considering gender while working but crypto world is for everyone whatever they are like male , female , small , younger. everyone have a right to work with crypto and can earn profit there is no such issue in crypto that can differentiate anything between gender, everyone have gain this opportunity if they want to work and i think all type of people with a great percentage are working with crypto.
Activity: 546
Merit: 10
December 09, 2017, 05:52:07 AM
We should not discriminate people though gender identity. As long as we work in a good way. And for me, all of us has starvation and we must earn to in order for us to fulfill our necessity and wants. Gender nowadays is not a big deal anymore.
Activity: 714
Merit: 100
December 09, 2017, 05:46:15 AM
there are many woman in every ICO. you can see them in team

yes i see on some ico's that their team does compose of some women this is one of the reason and evidence that women can also do what men can do and infact women can also do better and they can do some amazing things than men cant simply do. i also know some female members here in the forum not only here but also on some crypto site like pd. i guess the main reason why they are here is because their boyfriends and husbands taught them on how cryptocurrency works and how it can changed their lives due to its growing demand lately that is what causes for the price to surge unexpectedly. overall it doesnt matter if your women or men or what is your gender as long as you are eager to learn about cryptocurrency then your always welcome here.
Activity: 446
Merit: 13
December 09, 2017, 05:33:58 AM
Every so often I run into an article that talks about how few women are involved in this industry compared to men. My suspicion is that there are more women involved than anyone realizes; they're just not putting their gender front and center.

What do you all think?

https://moneyish.com/ish/all-the-reasons-why-women-can-be-the-future-of-cryptocurrency/

Hi there wiser! This is the first time I realize that gender is becoming an issue or topic in crypto currency. I’m amaze about the article and never realize it happened. Never the less, I think what ever gender a investor, trader or user of the cryptocurrency it will not affect the way people appreciate and use it. The best part is that we could see that there are more and more people are grasping the power of the crypt currency and the blockchain technology. Anyway, I’m hoping to see more woman be successful as man in this era.  Wink  

Activity: 64
December 09, 2017, 05:24:39 AM
It is not actually logical for women to hide their gender while using cryptocurrencies, but that can actually be true. Though we all know that the quantity of men is way more than the quantity of women in this industry, but on the other side, we should know that no place can be without women and there would surely be some women around everything in the world. So there are women in bitcoin users base as well as in this forum. Maybe some of them hide themselves while just a few openly accept their existence.

Women might not have great logics, but they have great intuition. That's exactly what they contribute to every industry they are involved in. Women are great managers, since they feel other people better, they feel what might happen next. That's why they can be good at managing bitcoins as well.
Activity: 547
Merit: 253
December 09, 2017, 05:09:43 AM
Every so often I run into an article that talks about how few women are involved in this industry compared to men. My suspicion is that there are more women involved than anyone realizes; they're just not putting their gender front and center.

What do you all think?

https://moneyish.com/ish/all-the-reasons-why-women-can-be-the-future-of-cryptocurrency/

Well, Who are we to have an argue about gender here in the world of cryptocurrency? We dont have to argue about this kind of topic. All we know is every one of us must respect each other. Here in bitcoin world, we must have peace. We need to avoid Gender and Racial discriminations. All i know is that Bitcoin is for those who are interested and willing to work with it.
Activity: 736
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 09, 2017, 04:41:19 AM
It is not actually logical for women to hide their gender while using cryptocurrencies, but that can actually be true. Though we all know that the quantity of men is way more than the quantity of women in this industry, but on the other side, we should know that no place can be without women and there would surely be some women around everything in the world. So there are women in bitcoin users base as well as in this forum. Maybe some of them hide themselves while just a few openly accept their existence.
Yes some of them maybe hide their true gender and didn't want to know their true identity. In bitcoin their is no gender requirements that needed in order to start on which is everyone can be able to use it and benefited in bitcoin depending on their strategies to earn more bitcoin.
Activity: 98
December 09, 2017, 04:35:48 AM
I think that there are a lot of women in the cryptocurrency and are not just telling it publicly. Although it is a fact that men tend to be interested in this type of things more than women, I also think it depends on their culture and age. Millenials have no problem in exploring and engaging in new technology such as this
Activity: 275
Merit: 12
December 09, 2017, 04:27:46 AM
I believe that there is no gender gap into crypto currency either boy or girl  both are very active on crypto.I have observed in my own instinct most of the girls are successful in crypto just like my friends.They are millionaire now.They are soo wise and very productive online.Am soo proud that girls are fighter among mens skills and abilty and i can say that they have nailed it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
December 09, 2017, 03:33:46 AM
Activity: 406
December 09, 2017, 03:20:36 AM

What do you all think?

I am proud to say that i am a woman who involved in the crypto currency world. You may all think that there are few woman in this kind of industry but i can say that more woman now are aware and it is even getting bigger. Eventually more woman will lead to this kind of investment.
Activity: 62
December 09, 2017, 02:44:30 AM
Women are less likely to take risks. This may be a good thing though. Read this journal "Gender Differences in Risk Assessment: Why do Women Take
Fewer Risks than Men?" http://journal.sjdm.org/jdm06016.pdf. If you don't want to, here's the abstract

"Across many real-world domains, men engage in more risky behaviors than do women. To examine some of the
beliefs and preferences that underlie this difference, 657 participants assessed their likelihood of engaging in various
risky activities relating to four different domains (gambling, health, recreation, and social), and reported their perceptions
of (1) probability of negative outcomes, (2) severity of potential negative outcomes, and (3) enjoyment expected from
the risky activities. Women’s greater perceived likelihood of negative outcomes and lesser expectation of enjoyment
partially mediated their lower propensity toward risky choices in gambling, recreation, and health domains. Perceptions
of severity of potential outcomes was a partial mediator in the gambling and health domains. The genders did not differ
in their propensity towards taking social risks. A fifth domain of activities associated with high potential payoffs and
fixed minor costs was also assessed. In contrast to other domains, women reported being more likely to engage in
behaviors in this domain. This gender difference was partially mediated by women’s more optimistic judgments of the
probability of good outcomes and of outcomes being more intensely positive."
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
December 09, 2017, 02:13:58 AM
Interesting to read all your opinions.

I agree that there are more women involved in cryptocurrencies than most people think, and that they don't necessarily advertise their gender.

I agree that it shouldn't really matter, though it's interesting.

In my case, I picked a gender neutral handle (not deliberately as I chose my handle for other reasons). I got called "mate" and "he" a lot, and for the most part it wasn't really relevant to try to correct it.

Generally men are more interested in technology, coding, that sort of thing, and in that regard I'm not the exception. However, when it comes to the relational aspect of cryptocurrency, we women have an advantage. We tend to make connections because we're naturally relational and that gives us an edge over those who tend to be more narrowly focused on the technology.

It's also definitely true that cryptocurrencies provide an opportunity for income that is well suited for the stay at home mom. I personally have done all my crypto money making online. I've never gone to any sort of meetup, and I've worked it around my schedule which includes family and work and plenty of home management.

I personally never experienced any sort of discrimination or other kind of mistreatment for being a woman in this space. The only exception to this has been that I've occasionally been sent inappropriate pictures of sexualized women from men who undoubtedly thought I was a man and one who would enjoy such pics. Thankfully, most of the people I've encountered here of either gender are way more professional than that.

One of my favorite coins is DMD Diamond, so I do like to tell folks that Diamonds are a girl's best friend Smiley
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
Thinking on the higher plane of existence.
December 08, 2017, 07:30:03 AM
In the recent reports and in news it was revealed that women's are not much interested in cryptocurrencies compared to men
May be its because women doesn't know how to use cryptocurrenct. If there would be project like discount in parlor services or discount in products of they buy it using crypto, then Im sure that more women will get involve in the industry.
Activity: 658
Merit: 274
Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.
December 08, 2017, 07:18:14 AM
This is not even a deal to have a deal with. Womens is also human so why bothered if women are in this such thing? This is work and there are no requirements or agreement that only mens are allowed to have work to earn bitcoin. We have to respect each other. Also, it might be more women are working on this or even investing and this. Who knows? We do not need to compare ourselves to them for the sake of bitcoin because again I repeat women are also humans and there are no requirements that only men are allowed to work for this. Respect, Grind, Gratitude.
Activity: 420
Harmony for One and All
December 08, 2017, 07:17:00 AM
In the recent reports and in news it was revealed that women's are not much interested in cryptocurrencies compared to men
Activity: 531
Merit: 102
December 08, 2017, 07:13:14 AM

What do you all think?

I agree with you that many women involved in cryptocurrency industry but they not just put their gender in front and center.  Maybe, because still many culture treat women inferior than men.  But, the good thing is in crypto world, it sees no gender.  It gives equal opportunity to everyone. I am one of those many women whose benefited from this equal opportunity given by bitcoin and I really appreciate it.
Activity: 160
Merit: 14
December 08, 2017, 07:10:52 AM
Women in the cryptocurrency industry is in big quantity only. Actually it is very comfortable job profile for them no need to travel stay at home and do this at their comfort. Main thing is the comfort timing I believe that most of the women in bitcoin forum they are doing it.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 357
December 08, 2017, 07:09:29 AM
Its not matter even theres more women or men on this industry. What matters most is that more and more people are being helped on their financial needs after joining bitcoin.
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
December 08, 2017, 07:04:33 AM

What do you all think?

The world of Cryptocurrency doesn't really sideline the gender but will say it is a matter of personal interest. Ladies are mostly interested in the spendings and having businesses done physically. I do think and believe that most ladies' perception about bitcoin is abstract and this dispels them  off. I just tried relating it to my wife And sister as an illustration but they saw it really clumsy. I have leveraged on their ability to be phone lovers and blog readers which will help them in continuity.
Pages:
Jump to: