Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift? - page 14. (Read 17938 times)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10
September 13, 2017, 06:05:45 AM
...or make a golden QR code with some amount of btc in it))
Activity: 88
September 13, 2017, 06:02:25 AM
I would go to goldsmith to order "a matter represented" bitcoin of gold and presented it like this)))
Still the cost of gold for matter coin will be less than real 1btc and looking great.
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
September 13, 2017, 05:27:02 AM
This is a very unique idea and also new I heard. Just imagine when a bride gets bitcoin then they will surely find that confusing. Maybe that does not apply to those who already know bitcoin, but still people who know bitcoin also would be surprised and did not think with the prize he got.

Yes it is. Exactly. Bitcoins is equal to money, so I think it's the same. But Bitcoin rate will be bump or dump.. we cannot know. So the gift will be unstable right ?  Grin I think giving money is fine rather than bitcoin. Also, we don't kno yet about the Bitcoin future. Maybe it will be vanish before I get married, hahaha.  Cheesy
Activity: 966
Merit: 153
September 13, 2017, 05:19:42 AM
  Grin Grin Grin well....if the person who would receive the gift in question knows about bitcoin, then yes I will give it to him or her as a wedding gift. But if they don't, am sorry I have to keep my bitcoin cause they might loss it and won't know the true value.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
September 13, 2017, 05:09:27 AM
Wooooowwww what a funny question is it!!!!!  I think that bitcoin may be a wedding gift . I will give bitcoin gift for my favorite cousin marriage ceremony for their hanimon.
Activity: 244
Merit: 100
September 13, 2017, 04:52:26 AM
Yes if the groom or the bride was actually using bitcoins then I will give it as a gift since he/she really knows how does the bitcoin work.I know that it will help them a lot since marriage leads to a family and they will need some funds for that.
Activity: 887
Merit: 516
Bitcoin OG
September 13, 2017, 04:21:46 AM

Not necessarily over the concern that it would be lost. If I cared for the bride and groom I would teach them about Bitcoin and most likely if they invited me they would know I know about it and stuff but the gift of knowledge is more powerful that cash sometimes.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 13, 2017, 04:16:07 AM
Is really a good idea, because for me, bitcoin is an investment long time, so you can give a gift, that cost like 1000$, but in 5 year it can grow up to 5000$
Activity: 100
September 13, 2017, 03:39:57 AM
I personally don't like the idea. Everyone does not understand about crypto currency. So they may it as garbage or joke.
Activity: 67
September 13, 2017, 03:37:20 AM
No, Wedding Gift should be something memorable and I dont think it is good to give it as a wedding gift as it is only a money after all, which no one will not even remember after it is spend away. Wedding Gift should be something special and useful for our lover.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
September 13, 2017, 03:15:12 AM
Sure.

But ... certainly only limited to friends who use bitcoin only.

It doesn't necessarily have to be limited to friends who use bitcoin only, though it may be hard giving bitcoin to someone who has no single idea what you have given them and preferably better when given to someone who will appreciate it much better but you can actually use it to draw someone in on the knowledge of what bitcoin is all about. That makes it a +1.
Bitcoin is definitely going to be on top and I think in coming days it is going to be an option for giving Bitcoins to married people as a gift but people should accept it. The demand for Bitcoin is kept increasing so people who are aware of Bitcoin will surely accept Bitcoin as their Wedding gift.

There are still many people who have no any idea about bitcoin and it is actually a good sign because it means, we are with bitcoin up to its rising further.. And when many people will going to like and love the idea of bitcoins and they will start investing on it, then we are on the right position to gain a lot. I think it is more exciting more newly wed couple who have no idea about bitcoin and they will be given some for a gift.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
September 11, 2017, 03:42:47 PM
It really depends on the couple. It's a little awkward to give them BTC if they don't really know what it is or they aren't fans. I'd probably give them something off their registry and just talk to them about Bitcoin at some later date if I cared enough to share it with them.
 Of course if they are Crypto enthusiast then it is a really nice gift.

Please don't do that. For wedding you need to get the useful things and some precious gift to them. Since bitcoin is precious but however it is a money to utilize for all our need only, hence it is not consider as gift and all. If your friend is indeed of money in marriage occasion help him like giving the bitcoin else don't go with that.
He's right, it depends on either of the couple know bitcoin and if they need money after the marriage but if either of them doesn't know bitcoin and doesn't really need money then it's probably appropriate to give things rather than money. For example, if you can give 10,000$ to them then it's better to buy something to it like a car or something. But I don't really think that giving bitcoin or money is appropriate to be given as gifts for newly Wed's.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 275
September 11, 2017, 03:36:51 PM
I dont like that idea.. it is just the same as giving your girlfriend $4300 dollars for just being your girlfriend, it is just the same, only that you are giving her a coin that has that value.
I dont like it, it would be better to give something more important, but less valuable.. If you finish with your girlfriend, you lost that money, and he wont apreciate it.
That is why i never liked to gift money to anyone.
Activity: 896
Merit: 520
September 11, 2017, 03:34:51 PM
It really depends on the couple. It's a little awkward to give them BTC if they don't really know what it is or they aren't fans. I'd probably give them something off their registry and just talk to them about Bitcoin at some later date if I cared enough to share it with them.

Please don't do that. For wedding you need to get the useful things and some precious gift to them. Since bitcoin is precious but however it is a money to utilize for all our need only, hence it is not consider as gift and all. If your friend is indeed of money in marriage occasion help him like giving the bitcoin else don't go with that.
Activity: 93
September 11, 2017, 03:12:46 PM
Activity: 123
September 11, 2017, 02:17:30 PM
this is very interesting and surely many people are surprised when I do it and can be a very interesting moment hopefully will happen and this is my dream Grin
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
September 11, 2017, 01:53:13 PM
Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27

It depends on the couple if they know bitcoin. Why not? But this idea is somehow weird. Well how can you gift bitcoin on a wedding ceremony and also on the reception. Mostly we know that in wedding party we give material things as gift for the couple. Looks so weird to me. But maybe good idea for couple who uses bitcoin as their living. Smiley
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 11, 2017, 01:48:53 PM
Since my girlfriend knows what bitcoin is. I'm sure of that she's going to be happy when I gave her a bitcoin as my wedding gift. Imagine a $4,000 coin value? And it can even grow in the future so it's going to be an amazing feeling and gift for her. And anything that I gave to her is being appreciated and I like that attitude of her.
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
September 11, 2017, 01:45:31 PM
It would be great to give your wife/husband bitcoin as a wedding gift it will make profit in the future when they need it and you are not there at the moment.

But i think you need to tell them all about bitcoin earlier because if they wont understand it it will be difficult for them.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
September 11, 2017, 01:45:13 PM
this is a very interesting thing when it happens and it is my dream that it is time for the bitcoin that I will make as a wedding gift and I am very proud of my future friends will accept it.
Pages:
Jump to: