Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift? - page 21. (Read 17938 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Because of increasing value of bitcoin, it is really an option to give this as a gift than cash for weddings. Take note, it's the best option. Firstly, what you give now can be multiplied for years to come. Definitely, it's a good savings for newly weds. Secondly, it is tradable to any other coins and commodities. If I will the bride, I would greatly appreciate this gift!
Activity: 949
Merit: 517
Why bitcoin? I think bitcoin as a wedding gift is not a good idea because if the one who is receiving the gift is not interested in bitcoin i think it will just go to waste if you give a bitcoin, do you think it can help him? there's a lot of things to gift as a wedding gift besides bitcoin you can give money so they can use it in their financial needs or just give things that can help them.
What if the couple knows about bitcoins and is also interested, would you give bitcoins as a gift then? To be very honest, it is a very nice and innovative idea to give someone bitcoins as a gift but I would prefer to buy some other stuff because I am not willing to give away my precious bitcoins to anyone. Call me mean. I am Ok with it but don laid your eyes on my asset. :p

Yeah bitcoin gift is a good idea and a good start for a married couple and I think it is  a unique gift because I don't hear any bitcoin gift before! they just gift things, money and not bitcoin.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 587
Why bitcoin? I think bitcoin as a wedding gift is not a good idea because if the one who is receiving the gift is not interested in bitcoin i think it will just go to waste if you give a bitcoin, do you think it can help him? there's a lot of things to gift as a wedding gift besides bitcoin you can give money so they can use it in their financial needs or just give things that can help them.
What if the couple knows about bitcoins and is also interested, would you give bitcoins as a gift then? To be very honest, it is a very nice and innovative idea to give someone bitcoins as a gift but I would prefer to buy some other stuff because I am not willing to give away my precious bitcoins to anyone. Call me mean. I am Ok with it but don laid your eyes on my asset. :p
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1343
I answered yes but that only extends to Family or close friends.

We have a culture here where people invite others to their wedding
so that their wedding is paid for and "profits" can be made from their guests.

So unless its family or a very close friend they can have some crappy FIAT
instead of my precious Crypto  Grin
Activity: 448
Merit: 122
Giving my my precious bitcoin as a wedding gift could be seen as weird but since my bitcoin is precious to me so is the celebrant in the wedding.
So in all I can give bitcoin as a wedding gift if the person is precious to me.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
For a bitcoin wedding gift for now is rather difficult, especially in my area that is still difficult to reach the internet network, but didn't rule out a time if bitcoin already known to the public and familiar to its use, seems can be provide a gift of bitcoin marriage.  Grin
I think it is good for you that there is an internet problem in your area. Your bitcoins are saved for the time being. I would like to receive bitcoins as my wedding gift but to give it away to someone else, no way. :p
However, I can think of it if the person who is getting married is my buddy. In that case, I will be truly generous.

Same here mate, forget about the wedding; i would never gift the bitcoins to anyone at any occasion. I will try to gift them something which would be more useful for them after the marriage. Now I am trying to collect as many as bitcoins because I really believe that there will be a huge climb in the bitcoin price.
Activity: 420
Merit: 266
Never tried them but this looks cool,if  the couple understand bitcoins value,i will give bitcoin as a wedding gift.

It's a good idea to give bitcoin as wedding gift but with one condition, at least one of the couple should know how to use bitcoin. Otherwise, it can be a wasting gift!

Bitcoin is very specific wedding gift. Not everyone will appreciate it. But for bitcoiners it will be the most valuable gift of all possible. I would like it  Smiley
Activity: 1022
Merit: 252
Never tried them but this looks cool,if  the couple understand bitcoins value,i will give bitcoin as a wedding gift.

It's a good idea to give bitcoin as wedding gift but with one condition, at least one of the couple should know how to use bitcoin. Otherwise, it can be a wasting gift!
Activity: 980
Merit: 507
Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27
Seriously wedding gifts in the form of bitcoin out of everything else in this world.  Give them what the couple would like and don't  force them for taking only bitcoin as a gift.  I would accept it as a gift and maybe gift them bitcoin only if they ask for it.  But a person asking for bitcoin as a wedding gift would make the person so very desperate for bitcoin.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Never tried them but this looks cool,if  the couple understand bitcoins value,i will give bitcoin as a wedding gift.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
It depends on who I'm giving it to. If I know the couple is using bitcoin themselves, I might gift them bitcoin. But that is only if I want to give them money, most liekly I want to give them physical items, but I mean, it would be awesome giving them a paper wallet or something with bitcoins.
Activity: 518
Merit: 103
I would give bitcoin as a gift if the one getting married is one of my kids, it would help them a lot in starting a family and will also give them sense of financial security, knowing they have bitcoin in their house. The next question i think is how many, for me when that time comes, i am certain that its value is already high or has reached its peak, i would just give .5btc, simce he needs to earn the other half, i know he can do it since he my kid. Giving bitcoin as a give to others or someone, as of now, if they don't realize what the future will behold for bitcoin, they will never appreciate i t, but if you give it someone who undwrstans what bitcoin is, will thank you for life, since what you are giving to them will become their fortune in the future. I think we also need to consider to whom we are giving away our bitcoins to.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
For a bitcoin wedding gift for now is rather difficult, especially in my area that is still difficult to reach the internet network, but didn't rule out a time if bitcoin already known to the public and familiar to its use, seems can be provide a gift of bitcoin marriage.  Grin
I think it is good for you that there is an internet problem in your area. Your bitcoins are saved for the time being. I would like to receive bitcoins as my wedding gift but to give it away to someone else, no way. :p
However, I can think of it if the person who is getting married is my buddy. In that case, I will be truly generous.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
I think this is a wonderful gift that in time can still multiply, and not just be stored somewhere in the house and remind about the wedding. Newlyweds will be happy with such a valuable gift.

If we give newly wed bitcoin as a gift and that they are not that familiar with the bitcoin industry, we should send them a message right after their honeymoon to safeguard their bitcoin wallet password like safeguarding jewelries on a jewelry box.
Activity: 246
Merit: 100
I think this is a wonderful gift that in time can still multiply, and not just be stored somewhere in the house and remind about the wedding. Newlyweds will be happy with such a valuable gift.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
yes, if i have an extra bitcoins. This is the only currency that appreciates Smiley
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
For me it would depend on whether the couple already knows about bitcoin or not because I won't turn their wedding gift into a lecture about the value of bitcoin.

yesss.
free when they aren't know about bitcoin. and more people dont know about bitcoin, so just give in normal gift.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
I just heard about this,
Previously I never thought to do that, because I only have a little part of 1 bitcoin. Maybe I will do that when I already have some.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 264
This is a very unique idea and also new I heard. Just imagine when a bride gets bitcoin then they will surely find that confusing. Maybe that does not apply to those who already know bitcoin, but still people who know bitcoin also would be surprised and did not think with the prize he got.
Yes it will make them feel confused, because bitcoin is not widely known by many people. If the bride knows about bitcoin, then they will be surprised to see his wedding gift because people rarely do such a thing. But very unique if there is a gift wedding from bitcoin.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 674
I imagine giving them a ledger /trezor or paper wallet with bitcoin in it, this will only be understood by bitcoin users but I am sure they will feel the encouragement from the community support and very good friends, this is a good thread and I am instantly inspired because my friend will get married soon
Pages:
Jump to: