Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift? - page 20. (Read 17938 times)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186
Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27

I think using bitcoin as a wedding gift is not a nice idea because it is not yet famous compare to conventional money so there's a tendency that they don't know the significance and usage of bitcoins. Bitcoins are not a sentimental gift also, maybe they will less appreciate it. Instead of giving bitcoins as a wedding gift, try to withdraw that bitcoin and buy something special as well as usefull for them.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Certainly provided that the receiver knows the value of it.
Without the knowledge of it, the receiver may not value it as much.....
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
I definitely give bitcoin as a wedding gift because bitcoin will be more valuable than gold or cash in near future. That's why the newly weds will be happy to being given this kind of valuable gift.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Giving bitcoin as a wedding gift as a big deal provided that you’re giving out reasonable amount of bitcoin as gift since that’s only when it would be useful to whom you’re giving to.
yes the value of one bitcoin is $4300 so if someone will gift that amount then they will gift that money to the person as a gift for their wedding. The groom will be very happy with that gift.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 507
Giving bitcoin as a wedding gift as a big deal provided that you’re giving out reasonable amount of bitcoin as gift since that’s only when it would be useful to whom you’re giving to.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
I could actually give paper wallet having 0.2BTC inside as a wedding gift. I fear that the taker may lose it because they don't know how to use bitcoin. If it is known by more people, we can start giving bitcoins as an elegant gift.

Bitcoin should be a very wonderful gift to the newly wed couple because you are giving them a potential investment for their future but it is really up to them if they will going to treat it as an investment or cash it out right away Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1303
Merit: 1681
a Cray can run an endless loop in under 4 hours
I could actually give paper wallet having 0.2BTC inside as a wedding gift. I fear that the taker may lose it because they don't know how to use bitcoin. If it is known by more people, we can start giving bitcoins as an elegant gift.

This year I want to give some paper wallet's as Christmas gift and I think it would also make a great wedding gift. You guys most likely already know this cool website for making paper wallets: https://bitcoinpaperwallet.com/

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Activity: 84
If you're the type of person that is going to just give Bitcoin as a gift to someone who doesn't already use it, you're going to come off as a bit of an A**, especially if they had a wedding registry or specific items they wanted. To most people its going to seem like a hassle to use, and they are going to be pissed they have to convert it to cash.

That being said, if you have friends that are into it, or already own some, it could be a good gift.
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
PUGG.io
I can think of giving bitcoins as a gift if they know what bitcoins are.
If the person doesn't even know about bitcoins, then giving bitcoins to them is a waste of bitcoins and our reputation itself.
Activity: 644
Sure.

But ... certainly only limited to friends who use bitcoin only.
I cannot give my bitcoins as a gift to anyone because it is damn obvious I will not give even 0.5 BTCs but to give below this amount will be actually an embarrassment for me so I will go for buying some sort of gift for them. However, I will not mind receiving it as a gift rather appreciates it more.
Activity: 812
that's an interesting question!! I have ever thought about it before. But I'm thinking there are still many more meaningful gifts. Cheesy And I will give them to my lover ^^
Well, Its an interesting idea. However, I think I will not give it as a wedding gift and bitcoin is very expensive so that I will not give it as a wedding gift. In addition to that, wedding is one the important things in your life and if you are a rich person you could give bitcoin as a wedding gift but I think if you love her or him you should give the things that she or he really want.
Activity: 812
No, actually bitcoin is much precious crypto currency in my country, even bitcoin is more expensive than gold. So i will not give that big and expensive gift for anyone in his or her wedding. But i will like if anyone give me BITCOIN in my wedding. Then my wedding happy feeling will be double. But may be i will give quarter of bitcoin gift to my best friend in his wedding.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
I certainly would, if it would be a tangible token to present. I've heard about original, limited edition of bitcoin tokens issued years ago, so that would be a definite match. Alternatively, buy from a handful of companies that just print tokens and "warrant" ability to redeem each of them into 1 BTC.
Activity: 658
I will not give bitcoin as a gift, because if you give a bitcoin gift and don’t know what the gift is then the gift will not be appreciated by the person who was given the gift, I will give the gift of money or something expensive. Hopefully it will be useful For someone I give a gift,
And when they ask me how I can give them money or something expensive for them, I will explain to the person that I can give all of this from my bitcoin sale, maybe with this explanation I can introduce bitcoin directly while talking with Someone who doesn’t know anything about bitcoin
Activity: 120
BLUPASS.CO | ICO LIVE! | 15/5 - 15/7 | JOIN NOW!
Now this looks little weird, but when days pass people starts gifting bitcoin when the popularity increases, one of my friend already has got bitcoin as a gift during the days of Christmas. But with that both were aware of the digital currency and it's value, but the same makes people think what's this gift with the unknown person. So same as we providing giftcard in future people use bitcoin for gifting purpose.
Yeah it is liitle wierd disicion if somebody do. I cant imagine that i gave a bitcoin as a wedding gift.😞today i cant give bitcoin as my wedding gift because it is too precious. I prefer to give other things like utensils, blanket, etc. And also  I think it is an awkward gift to the reciever especially whend they did not know what bitcoin is.
Activity: 896
Merit: 108
Sure.

But ... certainly only limited to friends who use bitcoin only.
Activity: 799
Merit: 100
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Really Such an amazing idea, yes i would like to gift them bitcoin as their wedding gift but only then, when bitcoin would be legal in my country. Otherwise police throw them into jail along with me Tongue
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I guess it could work? Not sure how it'd be perceived though. Usually wedding gifts are for utensils you'll probably need and use on your new home on a daily basis... Could be seen as weird by some people.

And if they newly weds don't even know what it is, then its a big no... get them something else they'll enjoy!
Activity: 619
Why bitcoin? I think bitcoin as a wedding gift is not a good idea because if the one who is receiving the gift is not interested in bitcoin i think it will just go to waste if you give a bitcoin, do you think it can help him? there's a lot of things to gift as a wedding gift besides bitcoin you can give money so they can use it in their financial needs or just give things that can help them.
What if the couple knows about bitcoins and is also interested, would you give bitcoins as a gift then? To be very honest, it is a very nice and innovative idea to give someone bitcoins as a gift but I would prefer to buy some other stuff because I am not willing to give away my precious bitcoins to anyone. Call me mean. I am Ok with it but don laid your eyes on my asset. :p

Yeah bitcoin gift is a good idea and a good start for a married couple and I think it is  a unique gift because I don't hear any bitcoin gift before! they just gift things, money and not bitcoin.
That's really a good idea but the bride and groom, one of them have to know how to use it and understand how valuable is it. If they really have interest in Bitcoin, I will give them. However, like the guy writes above me, I won't give them my Bitcoins.
Pages:
Jump to: