Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift? - page 23. (Read 17938 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 251
For a bitcoin wedding gift for now is rather difficult, especially in my area that is still difficult to reach the internet network, but didn't rule out a time if bitcoin already known to the public and familiar to its use, seems can be provide a gift of bitcoin marriage.  Grin
Activity: 2506
Merit: 644
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
If couples know about bitcoin then sure i will give them Bitcoin wedding gift.
But it is unique thing that if give them.
Actually, every country celebrate the wedding events with full of traditions.
And our traditions never change then if i give the gift of bitcoin for wedding then my family members may be angry with me.
Because they have no too much knowledge about bitcoin.
Although i like gift of bitcoin in my wedding, if anyone give me.
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
If the couple asked for bitcoin instead of money, I would give them the coins.
But if that would not be the case I would bring whatever is on their wishlist, or the local fiat instead.
When the people are not into bitcoin, I think it would be intrusive to use their wedding for an attempt to bring them in contact with bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1163
Merit: 1005
It's depend on wedding tradition whenever they want accept bitcoin or not since bitcoin can be own for money or investation
Let say that bitcoin is the only one digital wedding gift that ever exist on this world
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
This maybe the gift of the future. For now, many will try to hold on to it. Grin
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
The same question is been asked before this might have to be the same thread. I would have no problem giving the newly weds Bitcoin later on but I would not give it as an official wedding gift, that's just nowhere near this type of thing that seems like a good gift in a romantic sense.
It is a unique idea and people love to give unique gifts  on events like Wedding.
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
No. Because I think it really strange and weird.
If I want to give money I will give it with cash, not Bitcoin or Credit Card.
But I'm not against people who give Bitcoins as their wedding gift.
I just don't like it. I like Bitcoin but I don't like it as a wedding gift. Grin
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Why not? Gold consist in bitcoin but receiver must be knowing about bitcoin.i would be feeling so happy to pass such a treasure as wedding gift.
If in case i find him unkown to this treasure then a gift should be something traditional.
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
no. I guess that's not the right moment. And I do not think bitcoin is a good match. But if I already have a wife, maybe we'll have a discussion to start a long-term investment with bitcoin.
Activity: 284
This is a very nice idea to give bitcoin as a gift for a wedding, although it can be given not only for a wedding. Such a gift will bring a lot of pleasure to the recipient and will develop a crypto currency.
Activity: 826
Merit: 265
Yes?, It is sounds like funny and kinda weird but bitcoin is still a money and definitely money may use as a gift for a friend or a wedding.

I would say No, i would not give bitcoin as wedding gift simply because its going to be a hassle for the newly weds. What if they are not interested in bitcoin? I think its better to give them cash instead or other things that would make their life easier to began their journey in life.

And its not normal to give this as well. Usually gifts was material things or even cash, if you give them bitcoin then they will have to exchange it to fiat so why give them fiat instead. I know its gonna be a unique gift but its not very practical to them.
Activity: 251
Merit: 100
Powered by Artificial Intelligence & Human Experts
Yes?, It is sounds like funny and kinda weird but bitcoin is still a money and definitely money may use as a gift for a friend or a wedding.
Activity: 2534
Merit: 586
Another nice thing about giving btc versus giving a toaster or set of plates is that you are guiding the new couple to a thing that can actually help them in their financial future.

By giving them btc, they will need to learn about btc to spend/save it, and you know what they say about teaching someone to fish.
Well for me, I will just huy another set of plates or glasses or bed sheets because my bitcoin is very precious to me. I would just find time to reach them how to earn bitcoin rather than just giving it to them so that they will have their own bitcoin too and teach their soon to be kids.
A very nice idea indeed! This way, the couple will not only get awareness of new technology but help for lifetime. This is the best way to show them your love, care and best wishes. Also, this gift value keeps on enlarging. It is generous of you but in my case I am a miser. I will like to give an introduction of bitcoins. : P
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
I would be so happy if I received bitcoin as a wedding gift but I personally wouldn't give it away like that. When it comes to bitcoin I can be quite greedy.

Yeah, I guess you have to be willing to give away Bitcoin too. HA!
Activity: 336
Merit: 252
I would be so happy if I received bitcoin as a wedding gift but I personally wouldn't give it away like that. When it comes to bitcoin I can be quite greedy.
Activity: 1232
Haven't thought of it, but that is a great idea Grin But if the receiver is not aware of Bitcoin its of no use.
It can be great to make new peoples aware of Bitcoins who likes to learn new things. Gifting it will encourage them to know more.
Activity: 560
Merit: 180
I'm Matured Now
People who are not into bitcoin might not like it as a gift.for them its useless.but we know about it so we definately understand the value of it.and i would love to have bitcoin as my wedding gift.
Activity: 924
Merit: 512
If the recipient understand about it then why not? it's only a problem if the receiver don't understand it and can't use it. A wedding gift is something that  memorable and bitcoin can be one of that. It's the same as giving them gold as a wedding gift, but this one value can increase more.

Why they need to understand what is your gift. If they doesn't understand they will call you and ask about the gift specification to you. If explain the feature of bitcoin and it's usages means they will get into bitcoin and start. These kind activity will ensure the adoption in future.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27
This idea is very interesting, but I do not think anyone would choose bitcoin as a wedding gift. If necessary they will give a more practical gift!
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
If the recipient understand about it then why not? it's only a problem if the receiver don't understand it and can't use it. A wedding gift is something that  memorable and bitcoin can be one of that. It's the same as giving them gold as a wedding gift, but this one value can increase more.
Pages:
Jump to: