Pages:
Author

Topic: WTF Avalon? Ship the Chips! - page 22. (Read 45746 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
July 29, 2013, 07:09:54 PM
It took them about a month and a half to ship batch 2, starting late may and finishing early July, except for the orders that slipped through the cracks. If they keep up the same pace they should be done by the end of august, I guess.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
July 29, 2013, 06:51:24 PM
Batch#3 customers is asking the question: Where is fucking machine I ordered at the end of March?

My Batch #3 machine was delivered this morning and is now hashing at over 80GH in the comms room where I work.

Who knows... if the rate of difficulty rise drops a bit, it might even break even Sad

^^^ with above.  I think Yifu is busy building avalon machines and just hasn't gotten around to answering email - you would think that hey would be able to hire a btc friendly receptionist to be able to handle these email inquiries.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
July 29, 2013, 06:48:39 PM
Batch#3 customers is asking the question: Where is fucking machine I ordered at the end of March?

My Batch #3 machine was delivered this morning and is now hashing at over 80GH in the comms room where I work.

Who knows... if the rate of difficulty rise drops a bit, it might even break even Sad
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
July 29, 2013, 06:42:57 PM
As far as I see it noone in their right mind would do future business with Avalon due to artificial delays to promised '9-11 week' lead times.  It's unacceptable.

I swear,I have NOTHING to do with the delays  Angry

*lol*

If you fear Yifu isnt alive anymore you should phone him. If your phone stops before ~30 seconds then you know he clicked you away.

I believe yifu sent out the first batch to show how it works and to not get too much complaints.

WELL COME ON WORLD LETS FIND YIFU:

Yifu Guo
CTO http://bitsyn.com
1-(347)-370-9069
"Life is an everlasting self-improvement."

His personal email is : [email protected]

I found my info using: http://whois.domaintools.com/yifuguo.com

as well as googling the admin phone number on this page.

Here's the source code for that awesome BTC activity visualization page.  That was cool YIFU!!!!!!   

Code:

BitSyncom - Project Incubator

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
July 29, 2013, 05:46:53 PM
Your not screwed until you are "BFL screwed"®. (13 months league)

+1
Activity: 183
200 OK
July 29, 2013, 01:59:07 PM
I guess what we should keep in mind is that they've been pretty quiet in between shipping batches historically. Yifu barely posted at all throughout B2 shipping, until the very end when only 10% of the units were still left.
Activity: 154
July 29, 2013, 01:17:16 PM
No incentive for updates since everything is already paid for...
Activity: 453
Merit: 101
RISE WITH RAYS FOR THE FUTURE
July 29, 2013, 10:52:14 AM
ship my batch 3 avalons before that, please.

Lets change it to->  SHIP EVEN SOMETHING!
 I dont really care will they ship chips or miners first. If they ship miners, then we can get chips faster.  If they will ship chips, you will get miners faster.
I just hate that if you have given a time (10-11 weeks) then it MUST be in that time, if not, then give discount or extra chips or just go back to the school and learn how work must be done.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
July 29, 2013, 08:55:31 AM
ship my batch 3 avalons before that, please.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Supersonic
July 29, 2013, 08:52:33 AM

Thats unacceptable!
Activity: 453
Merit: 101
RISE WITH RAYS FOR THE FUTURE
July 29, 2013, 08:48:46 AM
As far as I see it noone in their right mind would do future business with Avalon due to artificial delays to promised '9-11 week' lead times.  It's unacceptable.

*lol*

If you fear Yifu isnt alive anymore you should phone him. If your phone stops before ~30 seconds then you know he clicked you away.

I believe yifu sent out the first batch to show how it works and to not get too much complaints.
By shipping only 1 batch there will be MUCH more complaints than if he wouldnt ship any....
Because i didnt think that it is fair to wait Sebastians Batch 1 and watching Zefirs batch got assembled and mining.
Our chips as i calculated must be here on the way to Burnin. (*or atleast in 1 week. * talking about Sebastians batch 1 chips)
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
July 29, 2013, 08:09:01 AM

*lol*

Activity: 490
Merit: 255
July 29, 2013, 07:13:05 AM
I did understood why Avalon Batches took so long to ship since they require assembly, but with the chips i don't understand the delays since i think they already have them...Anyway just ship the chips please!

I am sure there is a perfectly good explanation for no traction on:
chips
refunds
trade-ins
bulk b3 orders
problem b1 and b2 orders

We just don't know what that explanation is... my guess is an update will be coming from the horse's mouth in the next day or so.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
July 29, 2013, 07:08:03 AM
I did understood why Avalon Batches took so long to ship since they require assembly, but with the chips i don't understand the delays since i think they already have them...Anyway just ship the chips please!
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
July 29, 2013, 07:03:25 AM

Looks like Avalon has been studying BFL very closely & useing thier stall tactics........for what,I have no idea  Roll Eyes   Maybe to keep the diff low so they can mine more BTC or  Huh Huh Huh

It's sad that the best case scenario, is that the delay is to keep difficulty low to facilitate existing mining ops (not necessarily their own).
Activity: 154
July 29, 2013, 07:02:27 AM
Tomorrow will make 15 weeks since I made ​​my payment.

It's strange how $75k order does not even get you a phone number and personal account manager on Avalon's side, isn't it...

I think what's going on right now is that they have realised that they will be unable to maintain their "leader" position in ASIC development and they are trying to milk the network as much as they can delaying the shipments knowing that they will effectively decrease their network share.

And I for one hope that K&C and bitfury devices start shipping on time so then both Avalon and BFL will never ever get another customer.
aTg
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
July 29, 2013, 06:54:20 AM
Tomorrow will make 15 weeks since I made ​​my payment.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
July 29, 2013, 04:42:17 AM
I dont know it the delays are artificial or not, nor do I care.

there is no sign of zefir' second batch of chips, and the #2 batch was ordered only 4 days after batch #1 which was received on july 23th.

avalon please do us a favor and just die. we dont need another company like bfl.
Activity: 476
Merit: 262
EOSABC
July 29, 2013, 04:39:58 AM
I would like to ask the same question here: Where is fucking chips I ordered at the end of April? 8-10 weeks lead time?

Avalon should pay the loss of the chip customers based on the PPS of the chips. If you read the chip contract carefully, unlike the Avalon batches, there is no disclaimer that they may delay the shipping. This is the first contract Avalon given to their customers with a very clear and specified shipping date. I think a civil law suit is quite doable.

+1

Quote from: Avalon B3 info "http://launch.avalon-asics.com/#tab-03"
Orders Opened On: March 25th, 2013
Shipping Time: May 5st, 2013

Angry
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
July 29, 2013, 03:49:13 AM
Have many of the early bulk chip orders been received yet?

Have no clue what the deal is... Figured Avalon would come through on these but am utterly disappointed thus far.

Zefir received  on July 27 July 23 the batch he ordered April 16.

#9725    April 16, 2013    Chips ordered

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-avalon-asic-chip-distribution-177827

Batch 2 for Zefir doesn't appear to have shipped as he'd update that thread (Atleast I believe so) if the chips would have shipped.  Assuming chips ship with same delays, by day, by which they were ordered then Batch 2, even 3, would have shipped by now.  Batch 4 would be a *maybe* soon.

Either way chips are shipping.  They are shipping with artificial delays.  I'm fairly confident had people known orders are of 10,400 chips instead of 10,000 chips then people would have chosen to order 10,400 chips instead of 10,000 to prevent unnecessary repackaging of chips.

Looks like Avalon has been studying BFL very closely & useing thier stall tactics........for what,I have no idea  Roll Eyes   Maybe to keep the diff low so they can mine more BTC or  Huh Huh Huh
Pages:
Jump to: