Pages:
Author

Topic: WTF Avalon? Ship the Chips! - page 14. (Read 45709 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 501
August 06, 2013, 10:12:55 AM
Or maybe he's just decided to retire and live life as a multi-millionaire in China.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1013
Be A Digital Miner
August 06, 2013, 10:12:14 AM
... although I do believe that at this point group buy organizers should be taking the lead in attempting to get more info from Avalon.

Then you have an idea how to do this? Like i wrote several times i tried to call Yifu for days 2-4 times each hour. He wont answer. He is waiting until the voice recorder answers or click you away. When writing tickets or mails he checks the header and... looks away again.
I dont know how i could contact him. If you know a way let me know.
Yifu is a complete piece of shit.  The sooner people accept this and start telling him this (especially in person at conferences) the better.   There is ample evidence that he STOLE batch II and mined the machines for his own gain and was going to send the dusty used machines to people until Vicus outed him on this.
He does not answer calls, not because he is too busy, but because he is a piece of shit, sorry excuse for a human being.
It does not take that long to answer the 200 tickets they had, yet they do not give a shit to do it.   People (especially those who have their order and will NEVER order from him again) should start calling a spade, a spade.   
There were corrupt, they stole from the people that trusted them and now it is VERY likely that they are delaying your chip purchases because THEY ARE STILL MINING the silver batch II units that they STOLE and by shipping chips, they will reduce the number of BTC they mine each day.
Did you ever consider that Yifu may not be in charge but just the face of the company?
He lives in NY., how much control could he have over the operations in China?
Not sure how your point (which I think is wrong btw) would change ANYTHING that I just wrote.   If Yifu is "just the guy that gets 1/2 the profits" and the evil zhang is controlling him like a puppet, then all my points STAND.   He is a POS that has stolen from people while telling you how "holy" he is.   If he has completely been "used" like you insinuate than why would this "honorable" man not warn all of us that we are being ripped off and he could not control it?   He would still be a useless piece of shit in your above example.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
August 06, 2013, 10:10:27 AM
... although I do believe that at this point group buy organizers should be taking the lead in attempting to get more info from Avalon.

Then you have an idea how to do this? Like i wrote several times i tried to call Yifu for days 2-4 times each hour. He wont answer. He is waiting until the voice recorder answers or click you away. When writing tickets or mails he checks the header and... looks away again.

Yifu is a complete piece of shit.  The sooner people accept this and start telling him this (especially in person at conferences) the better.   There is ample evidence that he STOLE batch II and mined the machines for his own gain and was going to send the dusty used machines to people until Vicus outed him on this.
He does not answer calls, not because he is too busy, but because he is a piece of shit, sorry excuse for a human being.
It does not take that long to answer the 200 tickets they had, yet they do not give a shit to do it.   People (especially those who have their order and will NEVER order from him again) should start calling a spade, a spade.   
There were corrupt, they stole from the people that trusted them and now it is VERY likely that they are delaying your chip purchases because THEY ARE STILL MINING the silver batch II units that they STOLE and by shipping chips, they will reduce the number of BTC they mine each day.

Did you ever consider that Yifu may not be in charge but just the face of the company?

Then how hard is for him to come forward and tell us something? There is simply no excuse for not keeping us updated.
Activity: 457
Merit: 250
August 06, 2013, 10:06:51 AM

From his own mouth (keyboard): http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/10vmxa/avalon_asic_ama/

[–]jimgolian 2 points 10 months ago

How are you now head of operations? I thought nzhang was in charge and he had some professor who was uber smart helping him along with a Chinese team.

save

[–]yifuguo 0 points 10 months ago

What you said is correct.

he is in charge of all the technical development, I suppose I shouldn't have used such misleading title as we don't have really have a corporate structure in this project. but if you want to look at it, he is CTO and I'm more of a CFO/COO person.

So either he doesn't know what a COO or a CFO does, or he's giving everyone the finger as he trolls through life.

A Chief Operating Officer (or Chief Operations Officer; COO) or Director of Operations (or Operations Director) can be one of the highest-ranking executives in an organization and comprises part of the "C-Suite". The COO is responsible for the daily operation of the company, and routinely reports to the highest ranking executive, usually the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The COO may also carry the title of President which makes him or her a clear second in command at the firm, especially if the highest ranking executive is the Chairman and CEO.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
August 06, 2013, 09:58:11 AM
How many millions of dollars is in play?  I wonder how long it'll take for the media to see this story....

In media? Never. Does BFL delays got much media coverage?
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
August 06, 2013, 09:56:41 AM

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1013
Be A Digital Miner
August 06, 2013, 09:52:41 AM

Activity: 266
August 06, 2013, 09:51:56 AM
How many millions of dollars is in play?  I wonder how long it'll take for the media to see this story....
Activity: 686
August 06, 2013, 09:50:11 AM
some life in there can we get a visit?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
August 06, 2013, 09:35:11 AM

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
August 06, 2013, 09:32:19 AM
I'm not trolling or arguing with you but I'm sorry when you send BTC the number one concern should be will you get what you are paying for and if anyone it's hero members who should remind others about that.  If Avalon folds up will you be covering anyones loses since you state you are doing so well?  Probably not, so Avalon took a free ride on the back of your good reputation.  I see plenty of advantages in bitcoin but this deal is not an "investment" it's just buying mining gear much like people were buying video cards before.  I wish everyone luck but I think anyone who is talking about this like it's some sort of "investment" is way off.  Even you say "might win" and winning is for lotteries not investments.  ASICminer USB has been reduced in price by 75% already.  True fiat costs of these ASIC chips is very low and eventually the sales price for them must reach that low point where electricity will be 75%-90% of your bitcoin production costs because as long as electricity isn't higher they will be profitable to make sell and run.  That's a very long road ahead and there will be lots and lots of companies running with the BTC until the market gets there.  Be careful when "investing".

Of course i thought about the possibility that avalon is going scammy, but there was zero sign that this will happen. Scammy is a hard word anyway. I really doubt Yifu is scamming at the moment. He most probably only has a view of justice that leads to chip buyers having to wait for the batch 3 miners to deliver. Its his decision and he has to live with the results, which will be harm to his reputation and the risk that customers will think twice before investing anything. Most wont do anymore.

But at the moment when the chips were sold it looked like a sure thing. Im not sure if you were here at that time but i tell you its the case. And of course i warned the buyers to make a risk analysis before. But im not in the USA where you have to tell everyone that coffee can be hot. If you dont tell you can be sued. Normally everyone who invests should think about this carefully too. But like i said, i warned too even though everyone has to do this on its own.

I think its an investment. If you put money into something and await a profit at the end i take it as an investment. And an investment has the risk involved to lose money too. At the moment Yifu "only" eats up our additional return, hopefully not more and he stops this soon.
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
August 06, 2013, 02:34:40 AM
I'm not trolling or arguing with you but I'm sorry when you send BTC the number one concern should be will you get what you are paying for and if anyone it's hero members who should remind others about that.  If Avalon folds up will you be covering anyones loses since you state you are doing so well?  Probably not, so Avalon took a free ride on the back of your good reputation.  I see plenty of advantages in bitcoin but this deal is not an "investment" it's just buying mining gear much like people were buying video cards before.  I wish everyone luck but I think anyone who is talking about this like it's some sort of "investment" is way off.  Even you say "might win" and winning is for lotteries not investments.  ASICminer USB has been reduced in price by 75% already.  True fiat costs of these ASIC chips is very low and eventually the sales price for them must reach that low point where electricity will be 75%-90% of your bitcoin production costs because as long as electricity isn't higher they will be profitable to make sell and run.  That's a very long road ahead and there will be lots and lots of companies running with the BTC until the market gets there.  Be careful when "investing".

I think a lot of what you are arguing may well boil down to lost in translation. Seb is German "winning" - "profit" all the same.  Anyway, I believe what he is doing is commendable.  Everyone in his group buys realize the risk involved, BTC as a whole is risky. But, if it wasn't for people trying to strengthen the BTC network then BTC would be worthless.  He's helping the community by spending tons of his time helping others purchase something that they want, avalon chips/miners. 

Even if electricity costs are 90% of your operational cost a 10% gain is a winning investment.  The problem, is that Avalon is blowing all their timelines and promises, which has nothing to do with Seb and the service he is providing.  But, as a result that 10% return is slowly dwindling to nothing.

This forum isn't for throwing hate at another user and I don't think anyone appreciates it.

+1
Although hero users should know more than noobs there is no guarantee that they are investment minded. The only reason I chose which buy to take part in was down to timing and who I could trust as far as getting the BTC to Avalon. I knew I was taking a risk & I accept (but not happy with) any resulting lost profits or loss. Reputation on this forum is a poor substitute for due diligence, although I do believe that at this point group buy organizers should be taking the lead in attempting to get more info from Avalon.
Activity: 546
August 05, 2013, 11:14:45 PM
Please DON'T ship the chips. I want my 3-months-late Avalon batch 2 to actually be worth something!
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 05, 2013, 11:12:18 PM
If we use your definition, buying shares of a company is not an investment.
The most meaningful way to characterize an economic contract is by its payoff profile.  This avoids semantics and issues of securities law and regulation.

If you want to characterize a pre-order in this method, it has the payoff profile of a loan, or of the security type "bond".  If the company performs its contract, you receive an agreed-upon value; no more, and no less.  If the company defaults, you get some recovery value, which in these cases almost certainly would be zero.

So, I think it's perfectly fine to call a pre-order an "investment."  We just have to be careful to not confuse that with equity investments, which are stakes in the company's future.
Activity: 457
August 05, 2013, 11:06:33 PM

Dont worry... Smiley i wrote i invested all and that means only bitcoins i got as a reward and more bitcoins from a previous investment i spoke above. And i stated it to tell the bitcoin-troll that i have much invested in the chips too. I have enough to live and wont suffer because of that. But i will not give up at this point and watch like Yifu kills the hopes of so many people. I mean its not only the chip buyers, there are so many assemblers and miner developers that invested huge amounts of time and money to make a business out of this. And now Yifu with his stupid waiting politics kills slowly all of this. I really dont want see this happen.

This is the crux of the whole deal. Sure there are some looking to get bitcoin via the chips/miners. But there is a whole lot more involved, as you said. The whole spirit of individual thinking and the different avenues that were being developed are great. Now, what happens to them? Personally I want to encourage everyone that has/had plans for Avalon based miners to keep working to develop your products. Eventually someone with integrity and the balls to use it will step forward.
August 05, 2013, 10:47:57 PM
did you misspeak ?  Hard to believe that people who have been on here so long and witnessed countless scam after scam after scam and still you will send non refundable non traceable anon btc for things months away and think nothing might go wrong ?  It's one thing to say the risk was low and justify why you believed so but to say "nothing can go wrong" with sending 100,000s or even 1,000,000s just boggles my mind.  Then you get hero members scolding everyone "make sure you escrow". ROFL

I wrote "nothing can go wrong" compared to other things like miner production. Normally this should be clear... except one wants to find a reason to argue. And Avalon going scammy is not the first thing you think about when investing since nothing more had to be done than ordering more of the same chips in the foundry and ship them to the customer. So no, i did not speak about the potential risk that yifu decides to cut future gains only for a short term win. Would you do this really at his place?
I spoke about the things that have to happen until the chips are here. The chips are proven to work, there were many created before already and so Avalon knows quite good how long it takes to get them. There are no construction problems or similar at avalon. And TSMC is a real pro foundry, they will create when they say they will.

Let me say you this... i once invested in another bitcoin venture and it turned out very well. So well i live from it easily now. All your rants about the stupid people that use bitcoins instead paypal that can be charged back... its fine for me. Use paypal if you wish. But others might see the advantages in bitcoin and they might invest and win. Its not said that every investment will be the super win of course, thats how it goes. But that doesnt mean that i wont fight ok?

If we use your definition, buying shares of a company is not an investment.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
August 05, 2013, 10:39:57 PM
Fact is you should all be getting daily updates with lateness. Silence is inexcusable.

Oui Oui +1
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
August 05, 2013, 10:38:41 PM
did you misspeak ?  Hard to believe that people who have been on here so long and witnessed countless scam after scam after scam and still you will send non refundable non traceable anon btc for things months away and think nothing might go wrong ?  It's one thing to say the risk was low and justify why you believed so but to say "nothing can go wrong" with sending 100,000s or even 1,000,000s just boggles my mind.  Then you get hero members scolding everyone "make sure you escrow". ROFL

I wrote "nothing can go wrong" compared to other things like miner production. Normally this should be clear... except one wants to find a reason to argue. And Avalon going scammy is not the first thing you think about when investing since nothing more had to be done than ordering more of the same chips in the foundry and ship them to the customer. So no, i did not speak about the potential risk that yifu decides to cut future gains only for a short term win. Would you do this really at his place?
I spoke about the things that have to happen until the chips are here. The chips are proven to work, there were many created before already and so Avalon knows quite good how long it takes to get them. There are no construction problems or similar at avalon. And TSMC is a real pro foundry, they will create when they say they will.

Let me say you this... i once invested in another bitcoin venture and it turned out very well. So well i live from it easily now. All your rants about the stupid people that use bitcoins instead paypal that can be charged back... its fine for me. Use paypal if you wish. But others might see the advantages in bitcoin and they might invest and win. Its not said that every investment will be the super win of course, thats how it goes. But that doesnt mean that i wont fight ok?

August 05, 2013, 09:10:55 PM
I wonder if there's some kind of internal disarray inside Avalon.  Maybe the guy with the key to the chip warehouse left. Maybe someone stole the chips. Maybe someone ran off with the bitcoin and now they don't have any money to pay for people to re-ship their chips.

Well it all depends on the Court's definition of property. "The Guardian of Every Other Right" a good book on private property rights, it's evolution and cases.

No. It doesn't matter what the court thinks or doesn't think. Bitcoin can't be taken, by anyone, without the private key. Which the court doesn't have, unless you give it to them.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
August 05, 2013, 08:48:44 PM
Asset Retrieval is not entirely out of the question. Namely one if you file a civil suit claiming fraud (criminal) you can go after this guys personal assets and the corporate veil would be made meaningless. From what I understand a criminal act (in this case fraud) would in sense lift any protections an LLC would provide to the members.

Well, if there's a $200 million dollar investment the question is moot, as they can easily settle any lawsuits.

However, the point I was making is that you can't seize bitcoin unless someone hands over their crypto key or agrees to make a transaction.  A judge can order them to do it, and they can simply skip the country and refuse if they want.

People talking about suing bitcoin businesses are missing a key aspect of bitcoin. unlike traditional currency and property you can't just file a lein on their property or garnish their wages/bank accounts.

Well it all depends on the Court's definition of property. "The Guardian of Every Other Right" a good book on private property rights, it's evolution and cases.
Pages:
Jump to: