Pages:
Author

Topic: WTF Avalon? Ship the Chips! - page 15. (Read 45710 times)

Activity: 583
Merit: 500
Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin
August 05, 2013, 08:28:16 PM
Good to see that chip update Yifu!

/s
Activity: 532
August 05, 2013, 07:34:06 PM
Remember when the BFL chips first appeared, and one guy tried to hold BFL's feet to the fire with regard to payment and delivery, with cancellation if they were late?  He was getting some traction with BFL, too, because they probably thought the well was poisoned enough that maybe they'd have to go that way.

When are BFL's chips supposed to arrive anyway? I saw some guy advertising a custom BFL board sale, his terms didn't include anything about an expected delivery date.

Terms of purchase:

Delivery:  100 days

Payment:  50% deposit on order and 50% upon delivery

Cancellation:  All sales are final and deposits will not be returned if final payment is not made prior to delivery.

Minimum purchase:  100 chips
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 05, 2013, 07:27:31 PM
Remember when the BFL chips first appeared, and one guy tried to hold BFL's feet to the fire with regard to payment and delivery, with cancellation if they were late?  He was getting some traction with BFL, too, because they probably thought the well was poisoned enough that maybe they'd have to go that way.

When are BFL's chips supposed to arrive anyway? I saw some guy advertising a custom BFL board sale, his terms didn't include anything about an expected delivery date.
erk
Activity: 826
August 05, 2013, 07:18:41 PM
Hopefully Bitburner or BKKCoins or one of the other devs will start on a standalone Bitfury chip based board in the near future.  (Or possibly even license c-scapes standalone ethernet version and run with it...)
Yeah well, if Avalon proves to be an unreliable supplier, then I am sure the DIY board devs wont want to keep working with their chips for long. Is it so hard to ship chips? Not like you are waiting for any other parts from suppliers. Perhaps they ran out of cardboard boxes and packing tape?
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
August 05, 2013, 07:10:54 PM
Hopefully Bitburner or BKKCoins or one of the other devs will start on a standalone Bitfury chip based board in the near future.  (Or possibly even license c-scapes standalone ethernet version and run with it...)
August 05, 2013, 07:02:27 PM
I have to agree in that there were really cool cottage industries being born out of this. That's true decentralisation and economic growth.

I was looking forward to seeing crazy cool custom cases and rigs. Like a fish tank, or a mame arcade mining cabinet, or some other such badassness that kookie talented DIY types pull out of the bag.

The fact is they knew their profit margins were less than that of a bespoke chip company, but they wanted to hack and share the love. These weren't units that would up housed in a hosting facility for the large part, they were going to be situated in people's houses and garages.

Genuinely people had dreams and ambition behind this Cry

August 05, 2013, 06:51:25 PM
Yifu kills the hopes of so many people. I mean its not only the chip buyers, there are so many assemblers and miner developers that invested huge amounts of time and money to make a business out of this. And now Yifu with his stupid waiting politics kills slowly all of this. I really dont want see this happen.
Sir, I cannot agree with you more. 

That's is the real tragedy of this, and the source of my contempt -and that's the kindest word I can draw up- for this slug of a person.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
August 05, 2013, 06:30:11 PM
did you misspeak ?  Hard to believe that people who have been on here so long and witnessed countless scam after scam after scam and still you will send non refundable non traceable anon btc for things months away and think nothing might go wrong ?  It's one thing to say the risk was low and justify why you believed so but to say "nothing can go wrong" with sending 100,000s or even 1,000,000s just boggles my mind.  Then you get hero members scolding everyone "make sure you escrow". ROFL

I wrote "nothing can go wrong" compared to other things like miner production. Normally this should be clear... except one wants to find a reason to argue. And Avalon going scammy is not the first thing you think about when investing since nothing more had to be done than ordering more of the same chips in the foundry and ship them to the customer. So no, i did not speak about the potential risk that yifu decides to cut future gains only for a short term win. Would you do this really at his place?
I spoke about the things that have to happen until the chips are here. The chips are proven to work, there were many created before already and so Avalon knows quite good how long it takes to get them. There are no construction problems or similar at avalon. And TSMC is a real pro foundry, they will create when they say they will.

Let me say you this... i once invested in another bitcoin venture and it turned out very well. So well i live from it easily now. All your rants about the stupid people that use bitcoins instead paypal that can be charged back... its fine for me. Use paypal if you wish. But others might see the advantages in bitcoin and they might invest and win. Its not said that every investment will be the super win of course, thats how it goes. But that doesnt mean that i wont fight ok?

Seb I really, really hope you didn't invest all your money man.

Please tell me that ain't so.

And for anyone else planning to put it all on one horse. Don't. Ever. Ever, ever.

Even if you could buy in hand today, you're still relying on a return in the future. You are in essence paying ahead of time to make a return even further in the future. An uncertain future.

Embarrassed

Dont worry... Smiley i wrote i invested all and that means only bitcoins i got as a reward and more bitcoins from a previous investment i spoke above. And i stated it to tell the bitcoin-troll that i have much invested in the chips too. I have enough to live and wont suffer because of that. But i will not give up at this point and watch like Yifu kills the hopes of so many people. I mean its not only the chip buyers, there are so many assemblers and miner developers that invested huge amounts of time and money to make a business out of this. And now Yifu with his stupid waiting politics kills slowly all of this. I really dont want see this happen.
August 05, 2013, 06:01:02 PM
did you misspeak ?  Hard to believe that people who have been on here so long and witnessed countless scam after scam after scam and still you will send non refundable non traceable anon btc for things months away and think nothing might go wrong ?  It's one thing to say the risk was low and justify why you believed so but to say "nothing can go wrong" with sending 100,000s or even 1,000,000s just boggles my mind.  Then you get hero members scolding everyone "make sure you escrow". ROFL
IMO, banging down on the group-buy promoters is a little bit shoot-the-messenger.

Then, some other guys offered to do conventional buys, which would save a couple days if everything went on schedule,  accepting the whole pre-order, trust-us-see-ya-in-100-days shuffle, and enough people signed up to get the orders to go.

The first guy disappeared;  BFL didn't have to honor any of those terms, so why should they?

Now when BFL is late on chip delivery, should the poor innocent wronged chip buyers gang up on the guys who organized their group buys?  Maybe, but first they should take a bit of one of their remaining bitcoins and go buy a mirror.
August 05, 2013, 05:34:19 PM
Fact is you should all be getting daily updates with lateness. Silence is inexcusable.
erk
Activity: 826
August 05, 2013, 05:32:33 PM

Batch one for Zefir was delivered on July 23rd https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2790248
They were ordered on April 16th. Yufi's NO Bullsh#t  terms state 9-10 weeks. 10 weeks would've been June 25th, so they were 3-4 weeks late. MAYBE I am ok with this, IF - the other batches were sent with the same "late-ness". Batch 2, 3 were ordered 4 days later. Batch 4, 8 days; batch 5 12 days. Zefir should have had them July 27th, July 31st and today.
Shipping one batch and then holding the rest for no known reason IS BS. If there are problems why isn't Yifu on here saying something? Silence is the answer man; he is deliberately withholding them or he is using them for other ventures. Either way he made a terrible decision.
Personally if he had never sent the 1st batch, I'd be more interested into what problem there could be. But sending the 1st batch and then ......... ? Extremely low-blow.  Undecided He will reap what he sows though.
Welcome to the world of pre-orders, in any other market nobody would order, but in the ASIC market, common sense makes way for greed, and so far the greedy are usually disappointed. Hopefully that will get better as more players enter the market and we switch from a pre-order to stock on hand model.

Activity: 457
Merit: 250
August 05, 2013, 05:27:30 PM
  Hard to believe that people who have been on here so long and witnessed countless scam after scam after scam and still you will send non refundable non traceable anon btc for things months away and think nothing might go wrong ?  It's one thing to say the risk was low and justify why you believed so but to say "nothing can go wrong" with sending 100,000s or even 1,000,000s just boggles my mind.  Then you get hero members scolding everyone "make sure you escrow". ROFL

This is exactly why I was scared of "chip" sales and bought B2/B3 instead.  Sure it was overpriced, but I had ONE point of failure to worry about, not many!  (how many layers of "this could go wrong" do you need to build a working ASIC on the chip sales? too many!)

As others have stated, Avalon runs 3-5months late, chip sales are what 5 weeks delayed now?  You guys still have twice to three times as long to wait   Tongue

Batch one for Zefir was delivered on July 23rd https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2790248
They were ordered on April 16th. Yufi's NO Bullsh#t  terms state 9-10 weeks. 10 weeks would've been June 25th, so they were 3-4 weeks late. MAYBE I am ok with this, IF - the other batches were sent with the same "late-ness". Batch 2, 3 were ordered 4 days later. Batch 4, 8 days; batch 5 12 days. Zefir should have had them July 27th, July 31st and today.
Shipping one batch and then holding the rest for no known reason IS BS. If there are problems why isn't Yifu on here saying something? Silence is the answer man; he is deliberately withholding them or he is using them for other ventures. Either way he made a terrible decision.
Personally if he had never sent the 1st batch, I'd be more interested into what problem there could be. But sending the 1st batch and then ......... ? Extremely low-blow.  Undecided He will reap what he sows though.
Activity: 472
August 05, 2013, 04:54:05 PM
  Hard to believe that people who have been on here so long and witnessed countless scam after scam after scam and still you will send non refundable non traceable anon btc for things months away and think nothing might go wrong ?  It's one thing to say the risk was low and justify why you believed so but to say "nothing can go wrong" with sending 100,000s or even 1,000,000s just boggles my mind.  Then you get hero members scolding everyone "make sure you escrow". ROFL

This is exactly why I was scared of "chip" sales and bought B2/B3 instead.  Sure it was overpriced, but I had ONE point of failure to worry about, not many!  (how many layers of "this could go wrong" do you need to build a working ASIC on the chip sales? too many!)

As others have stated, Avalon runs 3-5months late, chip sales are what 5 weeks delayed now?  You guys still have twice to three times as long to wait   Tongue
August 05, 2013, 04:52:46 PM
Hey, you can't really blamed Yifu, because he is not the main suckers who sell you these Asic Chip, those guys who did the group buy who enticed you into buying these shitty asic chips.

Next Time Don't do group buy.

What the fuck! Can you explain what i did wrong? Are you seriously claiming i knew what will happen? Thats probably why i invested all my money into those chips too right?
I bought those chips because nothing can go wrong. I only didnt know yifu will hold the chips back.

And i called yifu for days 2-4 times each hour. He wont answer. The same goes for tickets and emails.

But if you know what i can do tell me! Instead you go around and post this accusation in each thread... you probably dont even know that many groupbuy organisators invested much money for creating miners too right? They did this on purpose to lose this money... *facepalm*

I really would prefer you inform yourself before writing such nonsense.
did you misspeak ?  Hard to believe that people who have been on here so long and witnessed countless scam after scam after scam and still you will send non refundable non traceable anon btc for things months away and think nothing might go wrong ?  It's one thing to say the risk was low and justify why you believed so but to say "nothing can go wrong" with sending 100,000s or even 1,000,000s just boggles my mind.  Then you get hero members scolding everyone "make sure you escrow". ROFL

Seb I really, really hope you didn't invest all your money man.

Please tell me that ain't so.

And for anyone else planning to put it all on one horse. Don't. Ever. Ever, ever.

Even if you could buy in hand today, you're still relying on a return in the future. You are in essence paying ahead of time to make a return even further in the future. An uncertain future.

Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
August 05, 2013, 04:47:10 PM
Hey, you can't really blamed Yifu, because he is not the main suckers who sell you these Asic Chip, those guys who did the group buy who enticed you into buying these shitty asic chips.

What the fuck! Can you explain what i did wrong? Are you seriously claiming i knew what will happen? Thats probably why i invested all my money into those chips too right?
I bought those chips because nothing can go wrong. I only didnt know yifu will hold the chips back.

And i called yifu for days 2-4 times each hour. He wont answer. The same goes for tickets and emails.

But if you know what i can do tell me! Instead you go around and post this accusation in each thread... you probably dont even know that many groupbuy organisators invested much money for creating miners too right? They did this on purpose to lose this money... *facepalm*

KS
Activity: 448
August 05, 2013, 12:50:45 PM
That avalon deal was as real as the thailand made btc illegal bs...

Btw... where are my chips?

blue pill or red pill?
August 05, 2013, 09:12:12 AM

Chill out, he's a KNCMINER shill. Just check his post history (the noob who didn't know anything about BTC who then resold early queue pre-order placement for KNCMINER miners and now is spamming all non KNCMINER threads with "we don't want pre-orders" shit).

Just put him on ignore, you're doing a fine job of looking after your GB.

No, he/she's also been in the KnC miner thread also ranting about pre-orders...

Really...

Was that before or after his/her attempt to sell a few KNCMINER preorders?

That would be after, can only assume those deals went sour, either way clearly not the sharpest tool in the box as whoever they are they cannot grasp the significance if pre-ordering at this stage, or do their own research, so they spout the same line in all the threads continuously. Has been for weeks...
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
August 05, 2013, 09:01:51 AM
KNC never make ROI same like avalon chips.

Every (avalon, BFL, knc, bitfury) asic power is enough big to kill himself with diff.
That is reason why he not give us numbers how many power is preordered.

KS
Activity: 448
August 05, 2013, 08:11:24 AM

Chill out, he's a KNCMINER shill. Just check his post history (the noob who didn't know anything about BTC who then resold early queue pre-order placement for KNCMINER miners and now is spamming all non KNCMINER threads with "we don't want pre-orders" shit).

Just put him on ignore, you're doing a fine job of looking after your GB.

No, he/she's also been in the KnC miner thread also ranting about pre-orders...

Really...

Was that before or after his/her attempt to sell a few KNCMINER preorders?
Pages:
Jump to: