Pages:
Author

Topic: WTF Avalon? Ship the Chips! - page 17. (Read 45710 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 04, 2013, 08:01:47 PM
You all keep using BTC as a payment system you'll keep getting burned.  What kind of a brain deficiency does it take to send multiple 100K of non refundable, non traceable, anonymous crypto currency, and of all places to China and hope it will all be ok. 
ROFL 
BTC is a poor online payment system and especially so for anything delayed because eventually any operation will become if not an outright fraud then a basically a not what you ordered or when you wanted it since there will always come a point where 95% of BTC received is more profitable to fuck around with then the 5% profit margin of any business.

Why are you here then?
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
August 04, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
You all keep using BTC as a payment system you'll keep getting burned.  What kind of a brain deficiency does it take to send multiple 100K of non refundable, non traceable, anonymous crypto currency, and of all places to China and hope it will all be ok. 
ROFL 
BTC is a poor online payment system and especially so for anything delayed because eventually any operation will become if not an outright fraud then a basically a not what you ordered or when you wanted it since there will always come a point where 95% of BTC received is more profitable to fuck around with then the 5% profit margin of any business.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
August 04, 2013, 05:06:29 PM
It's time to start considering organizing a class action lawsuit against these dipshits.
No, no we ship now give 2 week ok ?

Joking aside, all intrested parties should start considering this option.
I am not sure though how it would apply to persons outside the US. I'm guessing that it would not matter but i'm not a lawyer.

Serious question though: even if you won a lawsuit, how exactly would you collect if his assets are in BTC? The fact that BTC can't be seized or frozen or in any other way controlled by the government is a key selling point.

Lawsuits, for the most part, are rarely, if ever, about retrieving all assets.  There's usually an ulterior motive beyond asset retrieval and are the result of a beyond-than-pissed-off customers.

I'd highly doubt if it went as far as a lawsuit the primary objective would be asset retrieval.  Even if all BTC assets were retrieved they are less than 50% of the investment in making anything out of the chips.  This fact, alone, indicates a lawsuit's primary objective would not be asset retrieval.
Activity: 238
August 04, 2013, 04:25:10 PM
It's time to start considering organizing a class action lawsuit against these dipshits.

I am not sure though how it would apply to persons outside the US. I'm guessing that it would not matter but i'm not a lawyer.

Serious question though: even if you won a lawsuit, how exactly would you collect if his assets are in BTC? The fact that BTC can't be seized or frozen or in any other way controlled by the government is a key selling point.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
BitMinter
August 04, 2013, 04:14:14 PM
Sadly, new money really does change some people for the worse. He's a young kid. Maybe he'll learn some humility and professionalism when he grows up a bit more.

Not sure if he ever had to work for his own money...
Activity: 427
August 04, 2013, 04:02:28 PM
Avalon is US company incorporating in Nevada.  Sending papers to registered agent.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
August 04, 2013, 02:13:17 PM

Another user from this forum also makes a valid point on this issue (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2831138):
This thread shows people's greedy and selfish clearly.
Do you really think Avalon team is holding back the chips?
As I know the capacity of TSMC is very limited. Maybe the delay of chips are caused by TSMC or assembly factory.

well, here is the deal. you send money to somebody and we both accept the conditions. you side is pay in time, his side is deliver article in time (time is specified in deal).

and avalon not fulfill his side of deal. it doesn't matter if it caused by 3rd party vendor (TSMC) or anything else. zero fucks given. they simply breach mutual agreement. please stop advocate somebody, how is breaching deals and use words as greed and selfish. it is not about this human attributes..(or maybe yes, on avalon side)

next part (very frustrating) is lack of communications from avalon side. once they breach deal, they should communicate on daily basis and push update to their customers every day + send few free chips as compensation of delay. this is how business works in Europe. maybe scammers from chinese basement don't know it.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
August 04, 2013, 01:29:00 PM

Yeah, it's unfortunate that Yifu turned out to be a pile of shit Sad

Sadly, new money really does change some people for the worse. He's a young kid. Maybe he'll learn some humility and professionalism when he grows up a bit more.
Activity: 50
August 04, 2013, 01:06:09 PM
Activity: 4
August 04, 2013, 11:12:38 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lamfegONUY1qa5ff2o1_500.gif
(ibminer: had to fix the img post, fits the subject so well Cheesy)
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
August 04, 2013, 10:43:38 AM
When i think about how normal companies would treat customers that invested hundreds of thousands of dollars... its funny to compare...

Seriously, the minute a company with real business practices, decent customer service, and a shipping product shows up all the current vendors are in trouble.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
August 04, 2013, 10:40:15 AM
When i think about how normal companies would treat customers that invested hundreds of thousands of dollars... its funny to compare...
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010
August 04, 2013, 09:28:29 AM
Didn't realize the community had to order $14million worth of
chips to get some actual customer service and maybe a long overdue update.

After 16 weeks, I dont need any bflsque in two weeks™ update!

I WANT MY CHIPS NOW!

Activity: 177
August 03, 2013, 09:20:51 PM

if I recall correctly, that guy posted the pictures of finished Avalon IC in boxes, and said that he was leaving avalon team because of some unethical practices, and posted pictures of finished chips as proof. I didnt realize back then that he didnt post those pictures to prove that he is telling the truth (to be part of avalon team), but to prove Yifu's unethical practices.  

I guess he didnt agree with Yifu to hold the chips till the shipment of avalon B3 machines. now he is developing his own 55 nm chip.

not blaming him, cause avalon after this will loose customers.

The Genesis Block mentioned that the photos in the order may have been just part of a bigger order of chips in the range of 2.1 million chips which shipped on 6/25.  
Even with all of our group buys combined (Zefir/Steamboat/everyone else), that whale of an order probably got Yifu's attention and there may have been
some stipulations to give them time to put together their units before everyone else does.    Didn't realize the community had to order $14million worth of
chips to get some actual customer service and maybe a long overdue update.
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010
August 03, 2013, 06:28:24 AM
Avalon shipped lots of chips to China, and those one who got the chips are resell the chips at rediculours high price. as the seller claim, he had very close relationship with Ngzhang personally, so he can "handle" some chip and supply it. He also claimed that the chips can only be produced 8k a day as the testing equipment have some problem. What an absurd excuse!

Concur, it's completely absurd.  Wish that there was someone with contacts at TSMC to check up on this situation.  

Is it not out of their hands?! I thought a former disgruntled Avalon team member that wants to make his own next gen chip with the guy that calls Europeans lazy posted boxes of chips weeks back detailing volumes of chips in each box and the amount of boxes present equal to the chips on order, or am I way off the mark here?

if I recall correctly, that guy posted the pictures of finished Avalon IC in boxes, and said that he was leaving avalon team because of some unethical practices, and posted pictures of finished chips as proof. I didnt realize back then that he didnt post those pictures to prove that he is telling the truth (to be part of avalon team), but to prove Yifu's unethical practices.  

I guess he didnt agree with Yifu to hold the chips till the shipment of avalon B3 machines. now he is developing his own 55 nm chip.

not blaming him, cause avalon after this will loose customers.
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
August 03, 2013, 04:00:28 AM
YiFuckyou is just another fraude who could not resist the money that was passing by and is taking more then he should.
The Avalon batch is lost. BFL are fuckers. Lets hope KNC will be better.

YiFuckou FUCKYOU . If there was something wrong, an mail explaning it and then dropping of the grid for a few weeks is better then just dropping of. (But i would enjoy if you dropped in front of a big incomming truck)

Tjaptjoy up you'res
Activity: 364
Merit: 251
August 03, 2013, 03:48:30 AM
When will Avalon and Goofi Fucku mail the chips out?

When difficulty rises just enough that you will no longer profit.

I cannot believe people fall for this crap.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 364
Merit: 251
August 03, 2013, 03:38:57 AM
Goofi Fucku     "fucked you".

Sorry guys.  Sad
Activity: 1316
Merit: 253
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
August 03, 2013, 02:19:14 AM
Chips

Crisps