Pages:
Author

Topic: WTF Avalon? Ship the Chips! - page 18. (Read 45710 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
August 02, 2013, 11:37:14 PM
Nice Ytter... representing N.A.!
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 02, 2013, 11:31:38 PM
KING RICHARD III:

Chips! chips! my kingdom for chips!

Wrong. Those are fries.  These are chips:

Activity: 490
Merit: 255
August 02, 2013, 11:24:06 PM

Bitcoinara definitely wins 'Best Post of the Week' award, with this one!

Bravo!
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
August 02, 2013, 11:19:34 PM
'rama you just made me laugh out loud. I'm deep into KnC for a Jupiter and I honestly figured my Avalon group buy chips were more of a sure thing than what those Swedes are cooking up. I'm more than a bit disenchanted with ASICs in general, at least I was able to sell my BFL preorder on eBay for a profit (knock on wood -- still waiting for the PayPal funds to clear). Hoping someone will come through -- what are your thoughts on FashHash?
August 02, 2013, 10:53:37 PM
Unfortunately your post above is the experience of many of us waiting. CHiPS the other ones.

Code:
"They're trying to kill me," Yossarian told him calmly.
"No one's trying to kill you," Clevinger cried.
"Then why are they shooting at me?" Yossarian asked.
"They're shooting at everyone," Clevinger answered. "They're trying to kill everyone."
"And what difference does that make?"

Awesome old skool stunt show. Cool

http://youtu.be/W58_ohlhWp0

The turning radius of the wagon is about as fast as the Avalon Chip turn around to us waiting.
Activity: 532
August 02, 2013, 10:50:48 PM
Unfortunately your post above is the experience of many of us waiting. CHiPS the other ones.

Code:
"They're shooting at everyone," Clevinger answered. "They're trying to kill everyone."

Awesome old skool stunt show. Cool

http://youtu.be/W58_ohlhWp0
August 02, 2013, 10:38:09 PM

Code:
August 02, 2013, 10:34:42 PM
August 02, 2013, 10:29:15 PM
Eh.. you funny.

Other chips.
August 02, 2013, 10:27:50 PM
KING RICHARD III:

August 02, 2013, 10:21:52 PM
KING RICHARD III:

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
August 02, 2013, 09:33:30 PM
I wonder how much of all of our profits are lost from these delays?  btw someone here on the forums certainly has Yifu's contact info and is able to contact the Avalon team, honestly the quietness is a bit scary imho.  I hope to god we get them yesterday and steamboat updates us and says our miners are on their way to us.  But that's wishful thinking, I will not be buying from Avalon again, asicminer ftw
Activity: 177
August 02, 2013, 09:05:04 PM
Avalon shipped lots of chips to China, and those one who got the chips are resell the chips at rediculours high price. as the seller claim, he had very close relationship with Ngzhang personally, so he can "handle" some chip and supply it. He also claimed that the chips can only be produced 8k a day as the testing equipment have some problem. What an absurd excuse!

Concur, it's completely absurd.  Wish that there was someone with contacts at TSMC to check up on this situation.  

Is it not out of their hands?! I thought a former disgruntled Avalon team member that wants to make his own next gen chip with the guy that calls Europeans lazy posted boxes of chips weeks back detailing volumes of chips in each box and the amount of boxes present equal to the chips on order, or am I way off the mark here?

Not sure if it's entirely out of their hands, but you are certainly right about the photos of chips. According to TGB, there were 24 boxes in the photo that arrived for a retailer.  Photos were taken on July 9.  TGB also reports that there's evidence from the tracking label that there might have been a total of 135 boxes shipped on June 25, 2013.  

TGB article
http://thegenesisblock.com/latest-shipment-of-avalon-asics-could-increase-network-hashrate-by-500/

Thread that possibly discusses some Avalon team members  breaking off to work on a 40nm design
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252233.20

Supposed tracking number  for 135 boxes (credit to TGB for the link, wanted to look into the tracking number shown on the photos, but they already did it)
That's 2.1million chips!
http://www.track-shipments.com/track-trace.aspx?pref=AWB&awbno=87150508076

Perhaps they have prioritized the shipping by sending the whales who demanded a "solid" and then lollygagging for a bit before resuming shipping to everyone else.
Hope Yifu is enjoying his vacation in Tahiti / Bora Bora.  Angry
Activity: 238
August 02, 2013, 09:02:42 PM
At one third each (I don't think it's a reality) ASICminer would have sold 36,000 block erupters. (Blades are not being made/sold), Avalon would have shipped 169 units, AND BFL would have any combo between 1500 Jalas to 15 Mini-rigs!!

What's unlikely about the Avalon number?  People are reporting getting their batch3s in the thread, one guy who asked for a refund just got a tracking number.   Since there are 600 Units, if they ship in the time it took them to get batch II out it should be about 150 a week.

People are also getting their boxes of chips.  Each 10k chip order is equivalent to about 41 3-module Avalons.
August 02, 2013, 06:50:30 PM
Avalon shipped lots of chips to China, and those one who got the chips are resell the chips at rediculours high price. as the seller claim, he had very close relationship with Ngzhang personally, so he can "handle" some chip and supply it. He also claimed that the chips can only be produced 8k a day as the testing equipment have some problem. What an absurd excuse!

Concur, it's completely absurd.  Wish that there was someone with contacts at TSMC to check up on this situation.  

Is it not out of their hands?! I thought a former disgruntled Avalon team member that wants to make his own next gen chip with the guy that calls Europeans lazy posted boxes of chips weeks back detailing volumes of chips in each box and the amount of boxes present equal to the chips on order, or am I way off the mark here?
Activity: 177
August 02, 2013, 06:47:55 PM

Concur, it's completely absurd.  Wish that there was someone with contacts at TSMC to check up on this situation. 
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1013
Be A Digital Miner
August 02, 2013, 06:42:11 PM
Still can't believe no updates have been mailed out by Avalon.

Also, what is this with people who haven't purchased a b3 or a chip batch defending Avalon's incompetence in this thread.
Most of the interesting comments are going to come from the people who are now "free" to say what they really think about these two scumbags because the little dick Yifu cannot threaten to withhold our goods and WE are NEVER going to order anything from them again.    I would not even order Finished Units from them because we all saw what they meant by "next week" start shipping in may.   Meant "next week start mining for ourselves suckers".
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
August 02, 2013, 05:25:30 PM
Still can't believe no updates have been mailed out by Avalon.

Chips were given a 9-10 week deadline.  There should have not been any delays with these - especially if they were to have been shipped directly from the factory and just needed to be remailed.  Unfortunately, per Zefir's 1st batch, it looks like Avalon has to manaully remove 400 chips from every order.  REALLY?!?! Absurd.

It's about week 15.  Had chips been given a 9+ week deadline noone from the chip order would be complaining.  When you make a deadline like 9-10 weeks, instead of a 9+ week one, make sure you're able to keep it - especially if you want to keep your customers.  I'm fairly confident that had deadline been 9+ weeks way fewer people would have ordered.

Also, what is this with people who haven't purchased a b3 or a chip batch defending Avalon's incompetence in this thread.

(In this case it isn't BFL with regards to the image)
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
August 02, 2013, 04:56:33 PM
I just assumed B3 would move before the chips because of the order they were purchased in.  

Anyone know how many chips are in an Avalon unit?

[EDIT] Looks like 240 chips

I saw a statistic on genesisblock stating that all of avalon b3 miners would require a total of ~133,000 chips
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1013
Be A Digital Miner
August 02, 2013, 04:30:37 PM
Tomorrow will make 15 weeks since I made ​​my payment.
It's strange how $75k order does not even get you a phone number and personal account manager on Avalon's side, isn't it...
I think what's going on right now is that they have realized that they will be unable to maintain their "leader" position in ASIC development and they are trying to milk the network as much as they can delaying the shipments knowing that they will effectively decrease their network share.
And I for one hope that K&C and bitfury devices start shipping on time so then both Avalon and BFL will never ever get another customer.
Question?   How would they "milk" the network by not delivering chips that have already been paid for?

Answer:   Someone who said that around 3.5TH/s of batch II would be delivered in silver cases and only the later people will get the new black design and then delivered almost all of batch II in the new black cases (after being BUSTED publicly on sending silver ones that had been mined for months) might have a very good reason to withhold more miners from diluting the market share they are mining with the amazing missing batch II silver miners.   

So are the new Batch #3 miners, magically no longer dusty? Has this been confirmed. As if it has, then they were blatantly mining before.

There has not been a silver dusty miner shipped since vicus called them out on this and showed where they were mining to.    Both batch II and now, batch III black miners arrived without dust.    AND, there magically were not any more silver cased miners shipped after the outing of zhang and yifu as the crooks they are.
Pages:
Jump to: