Pages:
Author

Topic: www.BITSTAMP.net Bitcoin exchange site for USD/BTC - page 2. (Read 231171 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
What the hell has happened to Bitstamp/customer service Huh

I've been using Bitstamp for 3+ year's & I've been very satisfied with the service, sepa deposited within 3 day's, & questions answered in a timely manner.

However this time round it's different, I did a sepa transfer deposit 3 week's ago! & I'm still waiting for my account to be credited Angry , I contacted Bitstamp customer service 5 week's ago with another issue & they've yet to respond

Seems like Bitstamp standards are dropping! I mean you only have to look at look at their Twitter account & you can see many disgruntled customers!
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
Hello dear Bitstamp, I’ve made a deposit. My bank notified me that money have been delivered to your bank in Slovenia. Would you be so kind to transfer them to my to my Bitstamp account so I can trade, please. It takes so long already. TICKET #257129

They're not active on this forum anymore. A more reliable way to contact the support is Twitter.
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
I simply asked them to cancel the withdrawal and credit it to my account again... that already worked with MtGox...
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
I got a withdrawal "in process" since Dec. 8th

Ticket #257268
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
hi, having an issue with 2fa,  works fine on every other site so not a sync iissue, any ideas pls?
Activity: 107
Merit: 100
Update on my case:

I think my Subject Access Request that I sent last night might have triggered a response from Bitstamp.
Their Head of Legal & Compliance, emailed me today and then I spent 40 minutes with him on the phone.
He was was quite apologetic and told me that there was an investigation, where my name matched the name of another person involved in illegal activities, but that has been cleared.
Still I explained that this kind of compliance is damaging to their business if customers are subjected to such kind of silent treatment.
It is really ironic how such businesses strive to look all professional and compliant, but manage to damage the trust of their customers in the process.

Even though the resolution was positive for me I still feel that Bitstamp need to change their practices and balance their customers' interests with their compliance methods. I am not convinced this will not happen again to other people.
Bitstamp should should strive to be a transparent company that is accountable for its actions.

I will be contacting a lawyer tomorrow to see if I have any grounds to claim damages.

I think you are a bit unjust to them. Nowadays full compliance with anti money laundering, anti terror etc laws is the only way to keep the bank accounts open.   
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131
Attention when withdrawing ETH from Bitstamp!
Please make sure that the receiving party supports Ethereum transactions generated from smart contracts prior to initiating an ETH withdrawal.
Bitstamp is the first and only exchange that is sending ETH as smart contract.
95% of all other exchanges are NOT supporting smart contracts!
So if you send your ETH from bitstamp to any other exchange, your funds will most probably be lost ...
Activity: 182
Glad to hear it...

Still its poorly made up story indeed, when u r identified they should not be investigating people just by similar names...

Anyway at least solved.
Activity: 798
Merit: 502
Update on my case:

I think my Subject Access Request that I sent last night might have triggered a response from Bitstamp.
Their Head of Legal & Compliance, emailed me today and then I spent 40 minutes with him on the phone.
He was was quite apologetic and told me that there was an investigation, where my name matched the name of another person involved in illegal activities, but that has been cleared.
Still I explained that this kind of compliance is damaging to their business if customers are subjected to such kind of silent treatment.
It is really ironic how such businesses strive to look all professional and compliant, but manage to damage the trust of their customers in the process.

Even though the resolution was positive for me I still feel that Bitstamp need to change their practices and balance their customers' interests with their compliance methods. I am not convinced this will not happen again to other people.
Bitstamp should should strive to be a transparent company that is accountable for its actions.

I will be contacting a lawyer tomorrow to see if I have any grounds to claim damages.
keep us posted! thanks
hard to believe and in short time second like that case in bitstamp.
Sad

i'm their verified customer since 2013 and i'm starting to be worried what will happen when i'll transfer few coins there and sell them... pitty situation with exchanges all over the place.

I'm worried that this may have to do with tainted coins. I've had a strict policy of not depositing any coins to Coinbase or Bitstamp for years now. They are extremely compliance-oriented and are working closely with law enforcement agencies. Lack of fungibility, I fear, is becoming more and more of an issue for open blockchains like Bitcoin.

I am too verified with them since 2013 and until this happened had really big trust in their services.
Half of the coins that I was trading on Bitstamp were bought at Kraken. I only moved them to Bitstamp, cause Kraken was super laggy and unreliable to trade on. Now I wish I didn't.

The 2 slovenian guys, who own the exchange seems to be under the illusion that they can do this without any consequences.
I guess I have no choice, but show them this is not the case.

Activity: 454
Merit: 251
well, all my btc's were purchased on their exchange.... but anyway, how one can KNOW what the hell this coin been tainted with ... I mean wtf? If my dolar bill was yesterday in hands of drug dealer Iam definitely not one who will know it - how?

Average users like us are at a great disadvantage here. Blockchain analysis companies have very advanced ways now to link transactions to identities. We don't. The tools we do have (like Blockchain.info taint analysis) leave much to be desired, and are difficult for non-technical users to understand.

What they are trying to do is steal with an excuse tho. And this is bigger and bigger issue.

Unfortunately, this is definitely part of it. The US government (at multiple levels) has been using asset forfeiture laws to steal from people for many years now. It's being extended to Bitcoin, too...
well, all my btc's were purchased on their exchange.... but anyway, how one can KNOW what the hell this coin been tainted with ... I mean wtf? If my dolar bill was yesterday in hands of drug dealer Iam definitely not one who will know it - how?

What they are trying to do is steal with an excuse tho. And this is bigger and bigger issue.
Activity: 454
Merit: 251
Sad

i'm their verified customer since 2013 and i'm starting to be worried what will happen when i'll transfer few coins there and sell them... pitty situation with exchanges all over the place.

I'm worried that this may have to do with tainted coins. I've had a strict policy of not depositing any coins to Coinbase or Bitstamp for years now. They are extremely compliance-oriented and are working closely with law enforcement agencies. Lack of fungibility, I fear, is becoming more and more of an issue for open blockchains like Bitcoin.
Sad

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082
That's the proper way to achieve results. Pressure. Continuous and unabated pressure.

If they refuse to budge, contacting their partners or those who invest in them is another effective method to coerce them to take this matter seriously. I never thought about this angle until you mentioned having contacted Pantera Capital  Cheesy  Good move

I hope they will finally break the silence.

It's the silent treatment that is driving me mad - completely unprofessional and borderline illegal.
And they probably don't really care losing me as a client, which just shows their level of commitment towards serving their customers.

Dan Morehead of Pantera Capital was the first person involved with the company to respond to my emails today, but just said he has asked Bitstamp's COO Miha Grcar to investigate - the same guy that read 3 of my emails and ignored me.
So I am quite enthusiastic. Will wait a few more days and contact lawers.
Found these guys: https://www.selachii.co.uk/bitcoin-law-firm-solicitor.html

Anyone can suggest a good law firm regarding this matter.

It is not working - I have contacted them numerous times on all possible information channels and they just don't respond.
I am starting to think they are running some sort of investigation on me, but I have nothing to hide.
I have actually found a possible address, so if this is not resolved soon will just have to fly to Slovenia.

Hard to trust exchanges these days, even the trusted and reputable ones.

If they won't respond to your countless messages, then they are probably doing some kind of investigation indeed. This is usually the case when authorities are involved. They keep as quiet as a mouse (or are instructed by the authorities to maintain silence) while checks are done. I doubt it's fraud or a scam. This company operates legitimately with almost the same status as a bank in the EU.

If it's not an investigation or if no authorities are involved, then there must be another reason for their silent treatment which you can reasonably suspect as being an internal matter within the company.

If you were trading and moving a lot of money (I mean an amount of truly large proportions) and especially if you were structuring those transactions in certain batched amounts, then yes they might be investigating those individual transactions while also looking at the totality of your trade relationship with them.

One can only speculate. The silence is unnerving while also unsettling as one never knows what they're doing.

I suggest you keep sending them emails on their support system within the account. Doing so will eventually compel them to respond. I use that kind of approach when I am being ignored or if the responses are of the generic template type. If you clog their system with the same messages again and again, this won't escape their attention and they will make an effort to resolve the situation.

Escalating the matter to the financial ombudsman is another option but it's always best to try to resolve the matter internally first. Flood them with messages. It's your money. I hate services which let you beg and plead for your own funds.

It is not working - I have contacted them numerous times on all possible information channels and they just don't respond.
I am starting to think they are running some sort of investigation on me, but I have nothing to hide.
I have actually found a possible address, so if this is not resolved soon will just have to fly to Slovenia.

Just sent this message on Facebook to Damijan Merlak, who is one of the co-founders:

Dear Mr Merlak,
I have a large amount of money held hostage in your exchange and I am already starting to lose my patience.
If you believe that you will steal these from me and I am not going to do anything you are greatly mistaken.
The money are proceeds from selling a small part of my BTC holdings, so as you can imagine I have the financial means to bring legal proceedings to your company, which will happen if this is not resolved promptly.
And if needed I will come to Kranj, Ljubljana or Luxembourg and find you one way or another.
You can ignore me all you want online, but not in the real world. You are a public figure, so finding you won’t be that difficult.
So I again ask you kindly to provide me with information on why Bitstamp is actively ignoring me and holding my money hostage.
As you are probably aware, I have already informally complained to the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier and your partner bank Gorenjska banka.
I suggest you keep sending them emails on their support system within the account. Doing so will eventually compel them to respond. I use that kind of approach when I am being ignored or if the responses are of the generic template type. If you clog their system with the same messages again and again, this won't escape their attention and they will make an effort to resolve the situation.

Escalating the matter to the financial ombudsman is another option but it's always best to try to resolve the matter internally first. Flood them with messages. It's your money. I hate services which let you beg and plead for your own funds.
Pages:
Jump to: