Pages:
Author

Topic: www.BITSTAMP.net Bitcoin exchange site for USD/BTC - page 6. (Read 231171 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
So i really go checking this thread because i got an email that bitfinex got hacked.  Roll Eyes

I dont know who wrote me this email and for what reason. It comes from [email protected] though the sender is named Bitcointalk. I checked sourcecode and an smtp was used so that explains that point. What i dont get is why someone should send me that.

Is that a common Pump and Dump Email or something like that? Contents are "Bitstamp exchange has been hacked, is possible Bitfinex! Cyber thieves have run off with about 35,000 bitcoin from Bitstamp accounts." Subject "Latest news Bitstamp".

Anyone got such email too? Dont even know if i should ask at all or if i make a troll happy now. Roll Eyes

Sounds like phishing. Were there any links in the e-mail?

Not a single one. It was a clean text email without anything more. Maybe someone tries to spread fear in order to manipulate the bitcoin price? I mean a hacked exchange usually moves the market in a big way. A hacked bitstamp would be huge. Maybe he hoped the rumour alone could move the price?
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
So i really go checking this thread because i got an email that bitfinex got hacked.  Roll Eyes

I dont know who wrote me this email and for what reason. It comes from [email protected] though the sender is named Bitcointalk. I checked sourcecode and an smtp was used so that explains that point. What i dont get is why someone should send me that.

Is that a common Pump and Dump Email or something like that? Contents are "Bitstamp exchange has been hacked, is possible Bitfinex! Cyber thieves have run off with about 35,000 bitcoin from Bitstamp accounts." Subject "Latest news Bitstamp".

Anyone got such email too? Dont even know if i should ask at all or if i make a troll happy now. Roll Eyes

Sounds like phishing. Were there any links in the e-mail?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
/dev/null
i didnt Sad must be a scam Wink

nope nope, I just checked it in interface of bitstamp itself and it really showing 0% fee for any operation.)

Only until July 31st though Wink

feel free to check screenshot 4 posts above:) ofc it is not lifetime, anyway I'm stopped daily trading before years because of weak nerves and negative impact to my health.. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

nope nope, I just checked it in interface of bitstamp itself and it really showing 0% fee for any operation.)

Only until July 31st though Wink
legendary
/dev/null

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
legendary
/dev/null
ohh, I just received some kind of promotion - 0 fees for trading until end of the monht:) anybody else?

looks interesting:)

Activity: 126
Merit: 11
Did they change SEPA deposit bank again?

Now IBAN is SI56070000002199468

When did it happen? There is a news from 12th Feb 2015 about new banking details, but they don't mention IBAN nor other details.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009
it seems that they released some fancy card today:

https://www.bitstamp.net/article/bitstamp-new-usd-eur-gbp-denominated-debit-card/

I'm not the one between one hundred lucky ones, I received the mail at 2AM.) looks cool anyway

Yes received me too.......Not so cool with big fees to transfer money on it, minimum 10$ per transfer.....

Read carefully the terms....(i'm not an english primary language speaking, but this is what i've understood....)
legendary
/dev/null
it seems that they released some fancy card today:

https://www.bitstamp.net/article/bitstamp-new-usd-eur-gbp-denominated-debit-card/

I'm not the one between one hundred lucky ones, I received the mail at 2AM.) looks cool anyway
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
The link to Bitstamps exchange rate is not working:
http://www.raiffeisen.si/ceniki_in_tecaji/menjalni_tecaji/2

Is it this one?
http://www.raiffeisen.si/en/pripomocki/exchange_rates/

Or have they changed the bank again?

They didn't change bank, that is the one
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
The link to Bitstamps exchange rate is not working:
http://www.raiffeisen.si/ceniki_in_tecaji/menjalni_tecaji/2

Is it this one?
http://www.raiffeisen.si/en/pripomocki/exchange_rates/

Or have they changed the bank again?
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
In the coming weeks I want to launch PICISI ...

Why would you post it in BitStamp thread?

Is it in any way related or just spamming?

Good question, as indicated in red, I want sponsors. so I'm specifically reaching out to exchanges inviting them to consider being the Official Exchange Sponsor for PICISI.

If you read the material there you will see why I posted, as well as why I believe it would be good for BitStamp to be involved.    As I'm developing the site, I'm also building the community. 

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
In the coming weeks I want to launch PICISI ...

Why would you post it in BitStamp thread?

Is it in any way related or just spamming?
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
In the coming weeks I want to launch PICISI -- a crowdfunding website that accepts fiat and cryptocurrency.   PICISI will be where crowdfunding (CF) Organizers, Sponsors, Donors, and Contractors gather to materialize dreams.   The platform will accept all publicly traded CCs, and any fiat accepted by Paypal.

PICISI will have many sponsorship opportunities for CCs:
  -  Host CC - is the currency that all other CCs will be converted to for a particular Campaign.
  -  Campaign - sponsor’s logo is affixed to body of campaign.
  -  Donor Perk -  CC escrowed on behalf of a specific campaign to be used as a perk, if not sold is converted to host CC and donated to the campaign
  -  Advertising Perk -  CC escrowed on behalf of a specific campaign to be used as a perk, if not sold reverts back to the sponsor.  Unsold funds are NOT donated to campaign.
and
  -  Video - 5 sec message at start of campaign video: “This video is brought to you by …”

We will also have a fantastic sponsorship opportunity for CC exchanges

After we issue the PICISI tokens, on a regular basis we plan to use the fees derived from fiat to buy PICISI tokens at our sponsor's site. 

Unlike most other coins the PICISI token will be connected to a business, a business that would actually use the token in day-to-day transactions.   PICISI largest payable will be paying for assignments, most specifically promotions via marketing, publicity, and outreach.  Our site will hire a sea of independent contractors all around the world to do work from an extensive list of assignments everyday.  Work of varying sorts from creating graphics, videos, and badges, to writing articles, doing interviews, and making a referrals.  Everyone is paid with PICISI tokens, when fiat arrives we immediately use it to buy PICISI tokens, at prevailing rates, at the site of The Official Exchange of PICISI.

You sponsor us, we use your site to buy PICISI tokens, over and over again -- one big cycle of happy.  You have a choice of paying for the sponsorship opportunity or providing in-kind service for the transactions we do.   
Activity: 444
Merit: 250
I prefer evolution to revolution.
Warning!  Theory Ahead
(Keep your wits about you, it's called "theory" for a good reason!)

Someone in Bitstamp organized the heist.  The only name I have associated with Bitstamp is Nejc Kodric, and he hasn't posted here on the forum for almost 2 years.  I suspect he has been bought out.  The company has gone through a very helpful audit, but that was before the heist.  The current owners might be using Kodric's name because unique names such as his (and mine!) are valuable assets.  However, this would mean that he sold them his Twitter account too.

Bitstamp has not offered any kind of reward for the return of its stolen bitcoin.

A "bank run" is what the authorities have named something I would prefer to call a "collective audit".  Since Bitstamp had planned to do an audit more than just the one time and has not done so, I think it's time.  Some ideas:
  • If you are withdrawing some cash, withdraw extra (and all of it if it isn't too much trouble)
  • If you have BTC on Bitstamp, move it off.
  • Since it is easier to withdraw BTC than fiat, expect the price on Bitstamp to rise in proportion to the strength of this collective audit.  It is currently about $1 lower than Bitfinex for all of us USD users.
  • You can help other people (means you lose money) by leaving some fiat there.  If you can stomach it, leave enough there to make a lawsuit worthwhile (possibly against Bitstamp or against its bank) and then try to withdraw all of it when they are looking really shaky, and start your lawsuit as early as possible.  This is a very narrow path, so make sure you know what you're doing, and please give Bitstamp every opportunity to do the right thing.
I would like this collective audit to be powerful, and for Bitstamp to meet it with grace, but several things prevent me from expecting this:
  • People are not scared enough of continuing to trust Bitstamp
  • I'm making a very provocative recommendation and many people won't have the balls to promote it even if they understand how valuable it is.
  • Many bitcoin enthusiasts value the privacy of others more than they value the sharing of information (this is in reference to the idea of taint and how its use would be implied by any effort Bitstamp made to recover its bitcoins.
  • Bitstamp has not been very open lately.  Sure, lower fees are nice, but silence in response to the idea of a new audit is actually pretty loud.
Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
I got a quick fiat withdraw to Croatia recently. No problems at all.
Activity: 105
Merit: 250
Quick question: how are Bitstamp's fiat withdrawals working lately? I always had no problem with them, but after the hack I never requested any withdrawal, and I may need to request a bigger one in the next couple of months.

Any experiences with that? Withdrawals as smooth as usual?
I need to know that too! anyone ?

I guess no news is good news? Anyhow this silence is quite unsettling Shocked

Everything is working as usual, only ripple acting up from time to time.

No so smooth as usual  Angry
I have not got withdrawal dated 26/01. International wire transfer not SEPA.
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
Quick question: how are Bitstamp's fiat withdrawals working lately? I always had no problem with them, but after the hack I never requested any withdrawal, and I may need to request a bigger one in the next couple of months.

Any experiences with that? Withdrawals as smooth as usual?
I need to know that too! anyone ?

I guess no news is good news? Anyhow this silence is quite unsettling Shocked

Everything is working as usual, only ripple acting up from time to time.
Pages:
Jump to: