Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 1038. (Read 1484201 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto Currency Supporter
I'm interested in this coin but I was looking over the codebase, is there any reason you decided to remove the git history?

Obviously this was forked from another coin and for some reason the entire git history was removed and the codebase was pushed in one commit.

It is hard to follow what is going on and where it is coming from.

If you are feeling reluctant to invest its ok. You could probably try a new fresh p&d coin with anonymosu features. You know, anonymous developer, anonymous team, anonymous PR, anonymous block explorer, anonymous premine, etc  Wink

This isn't about investing, this is about software development. And there is an expected way you participate in a open source community. Using git correctly is not that difficult, there is no reason to remove the git history.

There is a reason to remove the git history: not wanting it to get cloned.

This is an old conversation. Why bring it up now? It's a non-issue: the repository was created as a one-off. It was never an ongoing thing there. That's why you don't see a history. It was purely done so that people could review the code. End

Removing the git history does not prevent you from getting cloned. That makes no sense.

So this is a closed source coin with no open development? Why are basic questions about the code base being met with such antagonism? Why does everything have to be about money, fud and other bullshit? I thought this community was trying to test new ideas and and improve crypto currency.

We are. But quoting FUD back from May won't help. If you are really interested, I suggest you search this, the previous unmoderated topic, as well as the unmoderated XC topic(now deserted I think). You will find your answers there.
If you like open source coins so much there's always the next p&d coin which will most certainly help the scene with its trustful open source adoption.

The code has been peer reviewed by prominent members of the community, which you can find in topic as well.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
.15 BTC sent for xc promotion to 16WffZKRbnCKSBGXaVpra4dqT72pf3TT3V

Thank you! Received... though you sent it to my personal address.

I'll forward it to the donation address unless you intended to tip me :-)

Thanks, as I stated before not overly tech savy....  lol
Activity: 233
Removing the git history does not prevent you from getting cloned.

Your joking right?
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
thrasher.
I'm interested in this coin but I was looking over the codebase, is there any reason you decided to remove the git history?

Obviously this was forked from another coin and for some reason the entire git history was removed and the codebase was pushed in one commit.

If you are feeling reluctant to invest its ok. You could probably try a new fresh p&d coin with anonymosu features. You know, anonymous developer, anonymous team, anonymous PR, anonymous block explorer, anonymous premine, etc  Wink

This isn't about investing, this is about software development. And there is an expected way you participate in a open source community. Using git correctly is not that difficult, there is no reason to remove the git history.

There is a reason to remove the git history: not wanting it to get cloned.

This is an old conversation. Why bring it up now? It's a non-issue: the repository was created as a one-off. It was never an ongoing thing there. That's why you don't see a history. It was purely done so that people could review the code. End

Removing the git history does not prevent you from getting cloned. That makes no sense.

So this is a closed source coin with no open development? Why are basic questions about the code base being met with such antagonism? Why does everything have to be about money, fud and other bullshit? I thought this community was trying to test new ideas and and improve crypto currency.
Activity: 322
XC to force the team, so to become a millionaire , so I have more beer
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

If you are feeling reluctant to invest its ok. You could probably try a new fresh p&d coin with anonymosu features. You know, anonymous developer, anonymous team, anonymous PR, anonymous block explorer, anonymous premine, etc  Wink

Can't wait to see the new website this coming Monday!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/xc_music_video
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

If you are feeling reluctant to invest its ok. You could probably try a new fresh p&d coin with anonymosu features. You know, anonymous developer, anonymous team, anonymous PR, anonymous block explorer, anonymous premine, etc  Wink

There is a reason to not have a git history: not wanting it to get cloned.

This is an old conversation. Why bring it up now? It's a non-issue: the repository was created as a one-off. It was never an ongoing thing there. That's why you don't see a history. It was purely done so that people could review the code to refute FUD. End
thrasher.

Activity: 154
XC multipool is a joke, right?
0.026858 XC per MH of X11 ? Seriously?

Not sure where you're pulling that figure from. You can't compare one MHs from one algo with another. e.g. you can't compare 1MHs for scrypt with 1MHs with Sha256 on a direct like for like basis.

As is it stands right now for the multipool we have something like this, as time goes on we will get a clearer picture of the profitability.

Scrypt   ~ 0.5 XC/MHs/Day

X11   ~ 0.5 to 1 XC/4MHs/Day

SHA256   ~ 1.5 to 2 XC/85GHs/Day

However this could be off now as these are based on XC being 0.0012 lol a lot has happened in the past 24 hours.

Happy 4th!

Sta

legendary

The stuff you'll find on github is old, simply put out there to prove that XC wasn't a clone of Fedora or whatever FUD was being thrown around.

XC will release code on a delayed timeline. This way we stay committed to the open source model, while reducing the incentive for people to flood the marketplace and confuse the market with P&D clones.
thrasher.

legendary

WhaTech has picked up the press release.

http://www.whatech.com/members-news/reports-industrial/23346-xcurrency-unveils-industry-leading-cryptographic-privacy-technology

Oh and... 280k headline impressions.
legendary

WhaTech has picked up the press release.

http://www.whatech.com/members-news/reports-industrial/23346-xcurrency-unveils-industry-leading-cryptographic-privacy-technology
XC multipool is a joke, right?
0.026858 XC per MH of X11 ? Seriously?

if you could mine 0,02 BTC per MH per day would that be OK? That is how I see it. It will only get worse as XC's price will rise, but it is only a beta pool, it might get more profitable and fine tuned, give it time.

PS: good work Sushichef
Activity: 126
Already got 5 people a XNode.  Cool

https://twitter.com/BramHarmsma/status/485003616772968448

Cheesy and he has a lot of political followers with influence and money
Activity: 490
isn't it time for a XC/USD market @ cryptsy? (or anywhere else)

how to apply for that?

Maybe try Bitfinex?
https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/contact
Activity: 392
isn't it time for a XC/USD market @ cryptsy? (or anywhere else)

how to apply for that?
Activity: 196
Hi guys, big fan of XC and cloakcoin and currently invested in both, Can see a very big future for both coins!!
legendary
.15 BTC sent for xc promotion to 16WffZKRbnCKSBGXaVpra4dqT72pf3TT3V
Thank you! Received... though you sent it to my personal address.
I'll forward it to the donation address unless you intended to tip me :-)
What is the promotion. I must have missed that. But will donate (if it's a good cause Smiley )

Here's the idea:

- buy XC

- have some money left over to donate to XC

- watch the donation make your trade go to the moon

XC: XULwYMBDXEfkQAmD8N9Hb95kGkCnKrRSQx
BTC: 1HCCyPaEdoiPgJuUSXEZgYuQRVQeeNNShZ

Also, if $500 is donated by the community, then pratico will donate another $500.
Jump to: