Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 156. (Read 1484188 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Is Cryptsy down atm?
3 systems/inet connections, they all give me a 500 Internal Server Error

Cryptsy has been down for HOURS
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
coin is dead, I havent seen this unhealthy of price movement in a very long time, Seems no matter the publicity it gets people still wanna dump this coin and move on. This in turn causes new investors to turn away, from investing in XC because no1 wants to touch a falling commodity/coin. And dont try to say its a bot on Bittrex because the price action has been definitely human Embarrassed  O well, ya win some and loose some.

Smiley at this comment. Id agree from a traders perspective it may well look like a dead coin.

But.... Ive not seen anything else in crypto with as much awesome development! Far from dead in my opinion - which may not be worth much to everyone else but to me it is! Wink

Sorry... longtime quiet XC supporter. Thought Id support less quietly...... Smiley
Activity: 978
Merit: 250
Is Cryptsy down atm?
3 systems/inet connections, they all give me a 500 Internal Server Error
coin is dead, I havent seen this unhealthy of price movement in a very long time, Seems no matter the publicity it gets people still wanna dump this coin and move on. This in turn causes new investors to turn away, from investing in XC because no1 wants to touch a falling commodity/coin. And dont try to say its a bot on Bittrex because the price action has been definitely human Embarrassed  O well, ya win some and loose some.
Activity: 540
Merit: 500
I am amazed how small the buy support is for this coin on Bittrex. A tiny dump of 5.8 BTC would bring it back from 100K to 10K.
Crypto Currency Supporter

Are you saying the XC Installer isn't user friendly and easy to use?   XC is one of the very FEW coins with 1-click installer package

Sorry if I'm complaining too much Tongue

Basically cryptos are not user friendly, and what I mean by that is putting simply "I cannot give this to my mother so that she can use that safely".

Regarding XC, my experience is:
1) [bad]on my MAC wallet (10.6.Cool couldn't install
2) [fine] on my windows 7 did, but asked for some firewall settings
3) [good] first look on XC-official
4) [bad] download pages looks like 80's webpage (not looking trusty for regular computer user)
5) [very good] the concept
6) [bad-not user friendly] updating wallet, setting up xmixer

In my feeling the milestones are:
1) Making it user friendly (easy clickable configuration and updating of all officially ananounced features)
2) making mobile wallet
3) maybe... creating a brainwallet... (wallet safe while breaking your device) or having possibility to choose between network and file wallet?
4) 3-rd party safe - a concept of mine (probably somone else could already invent this also) which will require another synchronised wallet (like a friend) to confirm transactions, so that friends could replace each other institutions like banks, which now keep out money safe (require verification).

Cheers

there are usefuls remarks!

I got to say though that the download pages you mention are extremely handy for our current test releases, after official REV3 launch small details such as these should definitely be looked into, but perhaps not right now.

I actually really hope price stabilizes around 100k, cause I wanna try Circle around these days and purchase myself as much XC as possible.
Activity: 15

Mac wallet build is underway, could be available by tomorrow

Dan

Good to hear that Smiley
Activity: 15

Are you saying the XC Installer isn't user friendly and easy to use?   XC is one of the very FEW coins with 1-click installer package

Sorry if I'm complaining too much Tongue

Basically cryptos are not user friendly, and what I mean by that is putting simply "I cannot give this to my mother so that she can use that safely".

Regarding XC, my experience is:
1) [bad]on my MAC wallet (10.6.Cool couldn't install
2) [fine] on my windows 7 did, but asked for some firewall settings
3) [good] first look on XC-official
4) [bad] download pages looks like 80's webpage (not looking trusty for regular computer user)
5) [very good] the concept
6) [bad-not user friendly] updating wallet, setting up xmixer

In my feeling the milestones are:
1) Making it user friendly (easy clickable configuration and updating of all officially ananounced features)
2) making mobile wallet
3) maybe... creating a brainwallet... (wallet safe while breaking your device) or having possibility to choose between network and file wallet?
4) 3-rd party safe - a concept of mine (probably somone else could already invent this also) which will require another synchronised wallet (like a friend) to confirm transactions, so that friends could replace each other institutions like banks, which now keep out money safe (require verification).

Cheers
Activity: 714
The images in the OP aren't working, I opened the thread on somebody else's PC and the images where all messed up and I am sure he never even saw the thread before.
Activity: 294
no fresh money in alts. Seems like the last news are not Good enough to make a pump possible. its all about hype.
Crypto Currency Supporter
So, the better the news release, the worse the dumping on bittrex.... Nice to see things being stable and normal for XC! Can't w8 for the next releases and mass recognition
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Hopefully last silly question:-)

Do I need to uninstall the regular wallet or can this run on a machine along with the regular wallet?

I don't think there are two types of wallets. The latest versions now includes the xmixer tech. It should replace the current wallet you have installed.

1. Always backup your wallet.dat file to another folder before updating. The file can be found in username\AppData\Roaming\XCurrency.
2. Run the installer.exe.
3. To get xmixer tech running you need to append the Target line in the Shortcut tab. This can be found by right clicking on the shortcut to the program that was created by the installer on the desktop or start menu.

It should include the expression -distmix-autonode .

4. Run the wallet from the shortcut you just changed. You should now see in the wallet's title bar the addition of the word [autonode] which indicates the xmixer is running.

Hey bud, just wanted to thank you again for posting this yesterday for me!  Got the mixer up and running on the latest wallet, moved all my coins to a brand new wallet in batches of 250 so all should be good:-)

Much appreciated....you as well synechist!

ack! I left out one bit of info. Port 32348 needs to be open in your router and firewall for transactions to access the xmixer.

Ah CRAP!  Wonder if it's possible why my wallet has been crashing cause is trying to run as a mixer but can't get through?

I say CRAP, cause I tried to setup a "hallmark node" to earn some NHZ the past few days and could not figure out how to open a port on my new router:-(  I tried relentlessly to no avail to get it to work.  Not a lot online yet about my router and the manual was no help, is a brand new Netgear Nighthawk R8000 that just came out so not much info avail yet.

This sucks, I have been waiting for days to collect my 1K to run a mixer......damnnnnit.

Oh well I got my XC and trying to get more, current prices helping with that part:-)
Activity: 130
Any chance to detect why does wallet take all of mine upload, regardless of PC or OS? I have one on win7 X64, one on win8 x64. Last 3 releases take all my upload turning my pc into trash. It happens when running wallet only, when running mixer, when max connections 120 or only 16... Port is open for mixer. Even when I close it Rx is red on my queue list. And btw traffic on mixer port was only 188 kb for many days, so it is not mixer problem.
legendary
Activity: 1960
I received a message on Mac!!!  Woooooo!!!  Working XChat on Mac!!!   Cool

BUT...the client received the same message twice even though it was only sent once.  Also, each time these messages were received the client crashed and had to be reopened.
legendary
Activity: 1960

Sent. If you don't get anything, Let's PM Dan in the morning. It's only a test release.

Nothing received...  Huh

I understand it's only a test release, that's why I'm testing it!  Grin

It's an improvement upon the last release. At least messages appear to have been sent now. Before we were just getting an error message.

I'll PM Dan about it tomorrow sometime.

Thanks, Synechist.

Where are you pulling the pub key from?

For me it works to just right click the address and select 'copy public key'.

I read back a page that you couldn't get your pub key to copy even from the debug console?

Confirmed.  Between the two Macs that I tested, I was unable to get one wallet to receive another wallet's message even though it APPEARED to send from the sending machine.  Then again, the blockchains are not fully downloaded on both machines.

I was using a getpubkey command in the console against a receiving address but it seems to spit out a different public key entirely.
Activity: 672
http://fuk.io - check it out!
i lik the blockthinge.
lets see where it goes
Activity: 462

Sent. If you don't get anything, Let's PM Dan in the morning. It's only a test release.

Nothing received...  Huh

I understand it's only a test release, that's why I'm testing it!  Grin

It's an improvement upon the last release. At least messages appear to have been sent now. Before we were just getting an error message.

I'll PM Dan about it tomorrow sometime.

Thanks, Synechist.

For me it works to just right click the address and select 'copy public key'.

I read back a page that you couldn't get your pub key to copy even from the debug console?

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

Hopefully last silly question:-)

Do I need to uninstall the regular wallet or can this run on a machine along with the regular wallet?

I don't think there are two types of wallets. The latest versions now includes the xmixer tech. It should replace the current wallet you have installed.

1. Always backup your wallet.dat file to another folder before updating. The file can be found in username\AppData\Roaming\XCurrency.
2. Run the installer.exe.
3. To get xmixer tech running you need to append the Target line in the Shortcut tab. This can be found by right clicking on the shortcut to the program that was created by the installer on the desktop or start menu.

It should include the expression -distmix-autonode .

4. Run the wallet from the shortcut you just changed. You should now see in the wallet's title bar the addition of the word [autonode] which indicates the xmixer is running.

Hey bud, just wanted to thank you again for posting this yesterday for me!  Got the mixer up and running on the latest wallet, moved all my coins to a brand new wallet in batches of 250 so all should be good:-)

Much appreciated....you as well synechist!

ack! I left out one bit of info. Port 32348 needs to be open in your router and firewall for transactions to access the xmixer.
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Hmm... I haven't received anything.

What's your address and pubkey? I'll send you a message.

XChat should work regardless of the state of your blockchain, as it only uses XC's encrypted broadcasting system.

Address: XL87MM5ySJtB778d4CRiHtZf3McDxoTnoc

Pub Key: 21dvqyEQsgcZKxxaQTU7Hrcy5jPozfXsrQ2bL3jXXWgFR

Right-click on one of your addresses under the "Receive coin" tab, and click "copy public key".
Jump to: