Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 181. (Read 1484188 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Thanks dude I will post there.

I already consider my money there is gone. Probally 4 ish btc. Fuck them

Sorry to hear that, I lost no funds but I was still annoyed about their approach especially this:

Quote from: Alex
thanks for all the fish
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
what are the news of today? Is there any ETA?

I can confirm that the news is coming out today.

No ETA though. But brace yourselves. :-)

/brace
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

I can confirm that the news is coming out today.

No ETA though. But brace yourselves. :-)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Hopefully last silly question:-)

Do I need to uninstall the regular wallet or can this run on a machine along with the regular wallet?

I don't think there are two types of wallets. The latest versions now includes the xmixer tech. It should replace the current wallet you have installed.

1. Always backup your wallet.dat file to another folder before updating. The file can be found in username\AppData\Roaming\XCurrency.
2. Run the installer.exe.
3. To get xmixer tech running you need to append the Target line in the Shortcut tab. This can be found by right clicking on the shortcut to the program that was created by the installer on the desktop or start menu.

It should include the expression -distmix-autonode .

4. Run the wallet from the shortcut you just changed. You should now see in the wallet's title bar the addition of the word [autonode] which indicates the xmixer is running.

This is great.  Thank you.  I will have to try it tonight.
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
Activity: 252
Mintpal will not be refunding  Undecided

Pooky relax. Why do you think such negative?
Rule number one in crypto's either be wildly optimistic or depressingly negative.  Smiley

Haha no wonder everyone seems to hate my cautiously optimistic approach!
Activity: 684
Merit: 10

Thanks dude I will post there.

I already consider my money there is gone. Probally 4 ish btc. Fuck them
legendary
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Cool bud, thank you again!  Can you point me to the instructions for setup though, I was not able to find them.

There aren't any. You can just download it, install it, and pay coins into it. :-)

Oh man, please excuse my ignorance but are you referring to downloading the latest wallet as I don't see anything to download.  Maybe I am just wrong, but I thought there was something more to do than just install the regular wallet to run a node.  If this is the case, I guess I am already running one since I already have a normal wallet.

Apologies, been really tough to stay in the loop!

Aha, my apologies. Download this one: http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/windows/archive/XCurrency-XMIXER-Installer_2.49_RC3_XMixer_Installer.exe

Do I need to uninstall the regular wallet or can this run on a machine along with the regular wallet?

Good morning! You can keep both.

They're actually the same app, except that the Xmixer has some additional startup commands.

So if you click the Xmixer shortcut, it'll run the app as an Xmixer, and if you click the XCurrency shortcut, it'll run it as a regular app.

(Wallet management: since you don't have funds that you want to keep separate from the Xmixer, don't worry about creating a new wallet.dat. Just use coin control to make four 250XC payments to four addresses. And as always, back up your wallet.dat before installing the new software.)
legendary
Activity: 178
Mintpal will not be refunding  Undecided

Rule number one in crypto's either be wildly optimistic or depressingly negative.  Smiley

so basically act British?... Grin

And with those bitcoins buy some more XC, 10% is a good portfolio target.
Activity: 111

Rule number one in crypto's either be wildly optimistic or depressingly negative.  Smiley

so basically act British?... Grin
legendary
Activity: 1260

I don't think there are two types of wallets. The latest versions now includes the xmixer tech. It should replace the current wallet you have installed.

1. Always backup your wallet.dat file to another folder before updating. The file can be found in username\AppData\Roaming\XCurrency.
3. To get xmixer tech running you need to append the Target line in the Shortcut tab. This can be found by right clicking on the shortcut to the program that was created by the installer on the desktop or start menu.

4. Run the wallet from the shortcut you just changed. You should now see in the wallet's title bar the addition of the word [autonode] which indicates the xmixer is running.

Hey man, thank you so much for taking the time to post that.  Perfectly clear, should be good now with this. 
legendary

I really hope every1 gets refunded due to mintpal losses, lets hope for the best.

+1.

I left some crumbs of various coins there, hoping we would see an improved exchange. This upgrade at the core was suppose to be an security improvement. But when practically every aspect of a trading platform in v.2 was broken at the rollout, how could one put trust in their ability to even secure the backend? Makes me wonder what they were smoking that they thought this would succeed.

Activity: 210
Crypto Currency Supporter
I really hope every1 gets refunded due to mintpal losses, lets hope for the best. Why would any1 though leave any significant amount of coins in there, is beyond me. I reptty much stopped using after the VTC(I think?) hack.

Expecting the latest XC buzz, and some more clear roadmap dates Smiley
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
two days ago synechist said that we will have very big news in one day (yesterday) , so where is that news?

He said good news in one or two days, in other words, today or tomorrow. It didn't come today, so it should come tomorrow.
Activity: 364
two days ago synechist said that we will have very big news in one day (yesterday) , so where is that news?
Activity: 142
I traded to dump all of my coins off from Mintpal v2 and it was rather annoying because I would have to wait for my trade to process and what not before I could commit into another trade.
Jump to: