Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 184. (Read 1484188 times)

legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
We are pleased to announce that currency developer Dan Metcalf has decided to take part in the effort to make Utility

the most advanced platform for block chain 2.0 functionality as outlined in our introduction document.

but rather be a launching pad for advanced blockchain features through

collaboration of multiple and potentially unlimited development teams

This sounds much like SuperNET.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1000
is this beyond the utility collab since you mentioned Dans widespread reputation beeing the reason?

Yup ;-)

read URSAY, actually you had the next post

Sorry I was distracted by Ben Lawsky speaking live right now...

http://cardozolaw.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Tomorrow's news...?

From the UTIL thread...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/re-annutil-utilitycoin-x13-pos-large-update-1030-advancing-privacy-797900

---

Where we currently stand:

We are pleased to announce that currency developer Dan Metcalf has decided to take part in the effort to make Utility

the most advanced platform for block chain 2.0 functionality as outlined in our introduction document. Three other

developers have offered their support and we are currently courting one other renowned developer. These developers

wish to stay anonymous while the project grows, but they have agreed to reveal themselves in the future.

Mr. Metcalf stated: "When I learned that Utility coin was created with a vision that seeks not only to be a currency

or to build on features of other coins, but rather be a launching pad for advanced blockchain features through

collaboration of multiple and potentially unlimited development teams, I was intrigued to learn more.  After

discussing the long term plans with the Utility team I decided to join the initiative.   We as cryptocurrency

developers must answer the call and to realize the potential of this platform.  I encourage other developers to join

in the effort as well and I look forward to working with the Utility team and other collaborators."

That's yesterday's news.

It's also not accurate. We clarified this matter here.

To repeat it:

[UtilityCoin]

Hi all

I can confirm that Dan specifically requested that nothing from Util be published without his prior review, but they went ahead regardless.

Dan is, however, interested in consulting with Util, specifically regarding their http-vpn tech.

Most importantly, the intention is for all collaboration to benefit XC.

In this case, our plans will benefit XC massively.

I can't release details just yet, but it's quite likely that we'll let the word out tomorrow or the next day.

It's a particularly major development.

Activity: 324
Merit: 250
Tomorrow's news...?

From the UTIL thread...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/re-annutil-utilitycoin-x13-pos-large-update-1030-advancing-privacy-797900

---

the most advanced platform for block chain 2.0 functionality as outlined in our introduction document. Three other

developers have offered their support and we are currently courting one other renowned developer. These developers

wish to stay anonymous while the project grows, but they have agreed to reveal themselves in the future.

Mr. Metcalf stated: "When I learned that Utility coin was created with a vision that seeks not only to be a currency

or to build on features of other coins, but rather be a launching pad for advanced blockchain features through

collaboration of multiple and potentially unlimited development teams, I was intrigued to learn more.  After

discussing the long term plans with the Utility team I decided to join the initiative.   We as cryptocurrency

developers must answer the call and to realize the potential of this platform.  I encourage other developers to join

in the effort as well and I look forward to working with the Utility team and other collaborators."

hopefully this are not the news of tomorrow as it somehow wouldn't fit to "singularly" news

Speaking of collaboration, stay tuned for some singularly good news today or tomorrow.

Activity: 882
is this beyond the utility collab since you mentioned Dans widespread reputation beeing the reason?

Yup ;-)

read URSAY, actually you had the next post
legendary
Activity: 1960
Tomorrow's news...?

From the UTIL thread...

---

collaboration of multiple and potentially unlimited development teams, I was intrigued to learn more.  After

discussing the long term plans with the Utility team I decided to join the initiative.   We as cryptocurrency

developers must answer the call and to realize the potential of this platform.  I encourage other developers to join

legendary
Cool bud, thank you again!  Can you point me to the instructions for setup though, I was not able to find them.

There aren't any. You can just download it, install it, and pay coins into it. :-)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Someone just bought the book up to 135k on bittrex.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Cool bud, thank you again!  Can you point me to the instructions for setup though, I was not able to find them.
legendary
I FINALLY broke the 1000 XC mark:-)

Is it worth it to setup as a node rather than just regular staking?  Is it now pretty easy to setup?

Congratulations!

Mixer nodes will stake if transaction volume is low (which it is at the moment). So you could set up a node and just let it run. You'd either stake or get tx fees.

It's incredibly easy. Just install it and run it. :-)

Best to make four payments of 250XC to four separate addresses in it.

Cool man, thanks for the reply.

I know things have changed much with this node stuff and I have not been able to keep up!  Can you point me to the latest instructions on setting this up bud?

If I have a bit more than 1k, should I still move it all into one wallet for the node, still splitting it up into 4 chunks to different addies?  If I acquire more XC, is it wise to just keep adding them to the node wallet?

EDIT - Yeah I tried to find instructions on setting up the node, but could not.  Website says instructions to be uploaded soon.  Will wait to hear back from you.

Yeah, it's fine to have more than 1000XC in an Xmixer.

In fact, it'll enable the node to handle larger transactions.

Just split it into 250XC chunks. Larger amounts aren't a problem. You can keep making payments to the Xmixer as you go. That's no problem.

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Someone has been placing large bids today... 13 BTC earlier at 120k (filled), and now another 10 BTC at 113k. 
Activity: 364
well, wasn't I a bright spark buying at 26!  Cry

I've bought even higher... no worries, XC will get to such heights again. Can't say such thing about other alts, but XC is just rock solid. To compensate I bought even more XC now with the low prices  Smiley

I posted this in the wrong thread haha! (I've deleted the post now)

I don't regret buying XC! I've bought XC between 12 & 16 so its not too bad. (though I can't see my mintpal history and think i bought my first lot there so could have paid higher)

Either way... No Regrets, patiently waiting on news!!

legendary

Is it worth it to setup as a node rather than just regular staking?  Is it now pretty easy to setup?

Congratulations!

Mixer nodes will stake if transaction volume is low (which it is at the moment). So you could set up a node and just let it run. You'd either stake or get tx fees.

Cool man, thanks for the reply.

I know things have changed much with this node stuff and I have not been able to keep up!  Can you point me to the latest instructions on setting this up bud?

If I have a bit more than 1k, should I still move it all into one wallet for the node, still splitting it up into 4 chunks to different addies?  If I acquire more XC, is it wise to just keep adding them to the node wallet?

EDIT - Yeah I tried to find instructions on setting up the node, but could not.  Website says instructions to be uploaded soon.  Will wait to hear back from you.
Activity: 309
well, wasn't I a bright spark buying at 26!  Cry

I've bought even higher... no worries, XC will get to such heights again. Can't say such thing about other alts, but XC is just rock solid. To compensate I bought even more XC now with the low prices  Smiley
Activity: 324

Congratulations!

How long does it take before you can stake? Maybe i should move my funds. Holding this one for long term now.

A couple of weeks normally, after which you'll get stakes pretty frequently.

When will the news get released?
As it seems we are testing new lows currently, and maybe good news could at least stop the downtrend Smiley
legendary

Is it worth it to setup as a node rather than just regular staking?  Is it now pretty easy to setup?

Congratulations!

How long does it take before you can stake? Maybe i should move my funds. Holding this one for long term now.

A couple of weeks normally, after which you'll get stakes pretty frequently.

Activity: 270

Is it worth it to setup as a node rather than just regular staking?  Is it now pretty easy to setup?

Congratulations!

legendary

Congratulations!

legendary

legendary
where can i find more info about xc ?

Right here, I presume. Or here.

What do you want to know? Ask away.

website is good too

http://xc-official.com/

The website is rather out of date at the moment, excepting the news section.
Jump to: