Pages:
Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 20. (Read 1484183 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
This tells me you do not know anything about metals since Platinum is more valuable than gold. Idiot.

I bought my platinum when it was at parity with gold.  Of course it then proceeded to immediately go under par for almost a year!   Cheesy

There are more BTC circulating than the rarer XMR, and gold is almost strictly a monetary metal while platinum has important industrial uses.  That's the reasoning behind those two pairings in my syllogism.

So do you support XC using software dongles to protect its precious secret code from wanton eyeballing by the surly public?

Maybe we should go all the way and charge for XC licenses too!  That's the usual model for highly proprietary software.   Roll Eyes
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Open source the industry leading anon tech? Are you batshit coocoo?

That's like investors of Apple demanding to see the blue prints for the iPhone before smart phones were a thing.

These are blueprints to create a household name, (think skype app on iphone,droid,windows) anonymous decentralized communications network.

Not only does this communications network exist to preserve privacy of your voice, but also your spending. This technology is being tested and group chat is being added with improved stealth addressees this release.

Enjoy total freedom. XCurrency

IceBreaker, it sounds like you are intimidated by all XCurrency has to offer.

You said it yourself, those projects are OPENLY CROWD SOURCED.

This, XCurrency, is professionally CUSTOM CODED, IN HOUSE. So clearly the source code NEEDS to remain secure.

XC Might be PROFESSIONALLY custom coded, but nobody actually knows if that is the case. The tech is far from perfect, and XCHAT isn't finished which should have been completely working perfectly by now. I remember at least a month ago XC was supposed to start its whole bullet-proofing of code, but that is apparently not happening, because either blocknet is taking too much time, or they just don't give a fuck about XC anymore. XC needs to be open-sourced if its going to survive, or they need to actually start doing what THEY SAID THEY WERE GOING TO, and get XC's code reviewed by TRUSTED third parties in the crypto-community. XC is not fucking APPLE or MICROSOFT and it wont even climb to anything higher than it did in its first pump if the DEVS continue to do nearly nothing to improve the state of XC and its community. Seriously, I have held XC since the beginning, but this is starting to get fucking RIDICULOUS. Things the team has stated they were going to do are NOT getting done, and NO torstick really isn't that big of a deal, nobody is going to care except for a few XC community members, real announcements, would be code reviews, mobile wallet, open-sourcing, SOMETHING decent, not some torstick that adds nothing to XC's real value, its fucking TECH.
Activity: 361
Merit: 250
XCurrency, is professionally CUSTOM CODED, IN HOUSE. So clearly the source code NEEDS to remain secure.

Instead of TORsticks, maybe XC should be shipping Macrovision FlexNet dongles to prevent evil pirates from stealing the precious software.   Grin

"BTC=Gold  LTC=Silver  XMR=Platinum  BBR=Palladium  XPM=Nickel  XCN=Copper  VIA=Zinc  XDN=Aluminium"

Could you be any more of a faggot?

This tells me you do not know anything about metals since Platinum is more valuable than gold. Idiot.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10

That's like investors of Apple demanding to see the blue prints for the iPhone before smart phones were a thing.

These are blueprints to create a household name, (think skype app on iphone,droid,windows) anonymous decentralized communications network.

Not only does this communications network exist to preserve privacy of your voice, but also your spending. This technology is being tested and group chat is being added with improved stealth addressees this release.

This, XCurrency, is professionally CUSTOM CODED, IN HOUSE. So clearly the source code NEEDS to remain secure.

bump
legendary
XCurrency, is professionally CUSTOM CODED, IN HOUSE. So clearly the source code NEEDS to remain secure.

Instead of TORsticks, maybe XC should be shipping Macrovision FlexNet dongles to prevent evil pirates from stealing the precious software.   Grin

100% Anonymous + Skype + Visa = XC

legendary
Is this the thread for depressed people who are going to bail out at the bottom? Plus Pookie. Looks like. Meanwhile torsticks are shipping and Arlyn posts about it in xcforum and gets coverage for it in crytpoarticles. If you want to know why he hasn't been round here the past couple of days it's because your all a bunch a miserable bastards. If you want to know who's pushing down the price of XC look in the mirror.   

IKR?  The XC community should follow the Cloak example of mindless devotion to the cause, no matter how badly things are going.

If the Holy Dev fails to deliver the precious cargo to his cult, it's because THEY DIDN'T BELIEVE HARD ENOUGH!!!1!   Cheesy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
You misunderstand the situation, XC has no intention of being permanently closed-source. The Rev1 mixer code has already been released, and code will continue to be released on a delayed timeline as new Rev's come out.

Bitcoin doesn't delay release of its code and instead makes sure that it is thoroughly reviewed by the entire world before incorporating anything new into the official version.  Monero does the same.

The "delayed timeline" approach reeks of insecurity (in both compsec and psych sense of the word).

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and should be welcomed as a key form of validation, not avoided.

Only a total newb would accept obscurity as a form of security and source of value.

Lalalalalala We are not listening!

Weird. Is this the thread for depressed people who are going to bail out at the bottom? Plus Pookie. Looks like. Meanwhile torsticks are shipping and Arlyn posts about it in xcforum and gets coverage for it in crytpoarticles. If you want to know why he hasn't been round here the past couple of days it's because your all a bunch a miserable bastards. If you want to know who's pushing down the price of XC look in the mirror.   
You misunderstand the situation, XC has no intention of being permanently closed-source. The Rev1 mixer code has already been released, and code will continue to be released on a delayed timeline as new Rev's come out.

Bitcoin doesn't delay release of its code and instead makes sure that it is thoroughly reviewed by the entire world before incorporating anything new into the official version.  Monero does the same.

The "delayed timeline" approach reeks of insecurity (in both compsec and psych sense of the word).

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and should be welcomed as a key form of validation, not avoided.

Only a total newb would accept obscurity as a form of security and source of value.

Lalalalalala We are not listening!
legendary

DRK is open source (now) but has been a long time closed...I guess to perfect it. also DRK is older than XC
Monero still has BIG bloat Issues...

XC is just protecting code, so nobody would run off with it

edit: forgot to mention that XC REV1 is open-source. it is not trustless though

+1

Funny how Icebreaker neglected to mention this.  Grin
Activity: 392
DRK is open source (now) but has been a long time closed...I guess to perfect it. also DRK is older than XC
Monero still has BIG bloat Issues...

XC is just protecting code, so nobody would run off with it

edit: forgot to mention that XC REV1 is open-source. it is not trustless though
legendary

XC is far from being the anon industry leader and falls further behind every day.  DarkCoin and Monero are way ahead of it.

DRK is open-sourced once in a while; XMR is completely open and crowd-sourced just like Bitcoin.

WTF is XC's problem?  What is it hiding?  Back doors?  Vulnerabilities?  Exploits?

You'd have to be a total noob to trust closed-source anon/privacy/financial software.

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Neah, it's not about funds, they had enough funds since there was no proper marketing for this project at all.
You can develop XC as it is right now without much funds, so I call this BS even if I was a strong hand in XC and a strong believer, but I needed to be real. My loss became real as soon as I decided to bail out, but so my time lose was real, having such amount of money blocked within a project which haven't moved for ~4 months.
Lets be real, this is TINY development to be achieved in 4 months period.

I was in only because of Dan, he IS very legit compared to other coins out there, and there are very few coins which can be trusted with med-term investment out there.
4-5 months is long-term already in crypto, and XC achieved nothing. I could not risk another 3-4 months to move 2-3x in marketcap, and I clearly see how flawed projects like BlockNet or SuperNet are. It's like Microsoft, Google, Apple, Etc merging their techs under one umbrella. That's crazy, we are not living in such world and human nature cannot support such approaches. This kind of approach will only bring failure at one point.

I agree with you that development has significantly slowed down but disagree with this "project which haven't moved for ~4 months" drum you keep banging. This is a gross exaggeration. Just a quick look at the roadmap shows this. Innovations like the x-mixer and trustless multipath meshnet - both huge developments - were released in September.

I do agree, however, that the last 2 months have shown little progression. This period has obviously coincided with the Blocknet announcement even though assurances were given that XC development would continue unabated. The tug-of-war between XC and Blocknet has already started. I really hope the next couple of weeks pick up dramatically and the team start to show more presence here with significant updates. We need an updated roadmap with dates to show their commitment to XC in the short term or the price will continue to drop. At the moment there is nothing to look forward to and we're just getting announcements about possible announcements. This is like night and day to how things were being presented in the first few months. I'm confident things will pick up but hope it's sooner rather than later before the XC price drops even further.

+1 exactly how I feel

Look at the buzz that came from REV2... We should have been REV 2.5, then REV 3....

But REV2 lauch was bodged, then relaunched and nothing really since, announcements of announcements or future potential opportunities..

Unsure where XC is headed from here sadly... I actually think it may well die and I would suggest you look elsewhere for the tech that is going to be prime...
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Activity: 333
Activity: 11
Merit: 0

Neah, it's not about funds, they had enough funds since there was no proper marketing for this project at all.
You can develop XC as it is right now without much funds, so I call this BS even if I was a strong hand in XC and a strong believer, but I needed to be real. My loss became real as soon as I decided to bail out, but so my time lose was real, having such amount of money blocked within a project which haven't moved for ~4 months.
Lets be real, this is TINY development to be achieved in 4 months period.

I was in only because of Dan, he IS very legit compared to other coins out there, and there are very few coins which can be trusted with med-term investment out there.
4-5 months is long-term already in crypto, and XC achieved nothing. I could not risk another 3-4 months to move 2-3x in marketcap, and I clearly see how flawed projects like BlockNet or SuperNet are. It's like Microsoft, Google, Apple, Etc merging their techs under one umbrella. That's crazy, we are not living in such world and human nature cannot support such approaches. This kind of approach will only bring failure at one point.

I agree with you that development has significantly slowed down but disagree with this "project which haven't moved for ~4 months" drum you keep banging. This is a gross exaggeration. Just a quick look at the roadmap shows this. Innovations like the x-mixer and trustless multipath meshnet - both huge developments - were released in September.

I do agree, however, that the last 2 months have shown little progression. This period has obviously coincided with the Blocknet announcement even though assurances were given that XC development would continue unabated. The tug-of-war between XC and Blocknet has already started. I really hope the next couple of weeks pick up dramatically and the team start to show more presence here with significant updates. We need an updated roadmap with dates to show their commitment to XC in the short term or the price will continue to drop. At the moment there is nothing to look forward to and we're just getting announcements about possible announcements. This is like night and day to how things were being presented in the first few months. I'm confident things will pick up but hope it's sooner rather than later before the XC price drops even further.

I think until the project is open sourced, and the tech is audited, the claim of nothing being done is on point.

It does not take 4 months to incorporate a business, it does take weeks to cover your tracks and spend the pre-mine shadily though.

Look, I hold alot of XC, but I am tired of watching whole bitcoins in value be lost, to what is obviously a group people, manipulating the markets. Dan or not.

I am sick of waking up, and literally having lost hundreds in value, every single day since September. Then he announces Blocknet, and collectively fucks us up our ass.

This shit is sickeningly deceptive, and is going to be bad for crypto all around if nothing comes out of it. Ultimate transfer of wealth for sure, from those with it, who worked for it, to those who manipulate it, with promises of cutting-edge tech that NEVER IS DELIVERED.

Deliver the tech gentlemen.

1. Open Source the ANON tech

2. Prove you have anything worth two wet-shit's in a dirty diaper

3. Simple

Activity: 364
Tor sticks article time!

Keeping an eye on the official XC forums for future developments, but feel free to poke me on Twitter any time Smiley

Thanks for the update!
Pages:
Jump to: