Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 208. (Read 1484189 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
This same cryptographer said DRK's code looks terrible --> priceless.

your a closed source project throwing stones at an open sourced project -> priceless  Roll Eyes

It took DRK many months to go open source.  XC will be fully open source sooner rather than later.

i think it was dumb for darkcoin to be a coin before it was open sourced.  I also think that a closed source project throwing stones at a open source project is ironic in the extreme.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

your a closed source project throwing stones at an open sourced project -> priceless  Roll Eyes

No offence but you literally have nothing better to do then troll other project. I'm not sure if your the best person to throw insults around Wink
Activity: 361
Merit: 250
Hmm - how to short it?

Too late, the bug was fixed in 10 minutes yesterday.

What kind of Bug was it?

It allowed someone to get masternode rewards (20% of the block reward) more often than normal. Usually with one masternode, and with current number of masternodes, you will get the ~1 RDK reward once in every ~1000 blocks. He managed to game that number up.

Sounds like a strange sort of bug -  

To summarize:

An advanced cryptographer finds a exploit (and possibly several) in DRK's code --> DRK confirms his exploit --> said advanced cryptographer now gains credibility.

Advanced & now credible cryptographer said DRK's code looks terrible --> priceless.

Priceless? Or did the price just tank?
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
is not open source wine wine wine wine when you open source??? wine wine wine wine...ho so you will not open source before the ito cry cry cry cry. I want it open source ...wine wine wine wine.

that is the only argument you have left to FUD pretty pathethic.
Activity: 616

It took DRK many months to go open source.  XC will be fully open source sooner rather than later.

your a closed source project throwing stones at an open sourced project -> priceless  Roll Eyes

No it will not be open sourced before then

thank you for the direct answer.
Activity: 616
Hmm - how to short it?

What kind of Bug was it?

It allowed someone to get masternode rewards (20% of the block reward) more often than normal. Usually with one masternode, and with current number of masternodes, you will get the ~1 RDK reward once in every ~1000 blocks. He managed to game that number up.

To summarize:

An advanced cryptographer finds an exploit (and possibly several) in DRK's code --> DRK confirms his exploit --> said advanced cryptographer now gains credibility.

Advanced & now credible cryptographer said DRK's code looks terrible --> priceless.
Activity: 361
Merit: 250
is it possible to get the ito process reviewed or verified by a third party?
not that i don't trust you but i have the feeling we'll see some people show up again come launchtime trying to associate XC with you know who again.

Yep - this is an excellent comment - it is just bound to attract those people  

please tell me ur going to open source before you try to do a stock offering?

you do realize you are promising something is under the hood that no one knows is even THERE for a coin.  and now you are selling a company based on that promise?

most people are going to laugh their asses off at you if you do a closed source "anon platform" company (for whatever reason) that can be bought into all built around software that nobody has seen?

or just a few people have seen?  
This guy must have been a broken record in a past life.....
Activity: 756
Something about your tone is unnecessary.

That said, we've been clear (moreover in a press release, which you should've read) about how we're bringing XC into the public: internal testing and consultations, public reviews, bounties, then open source.

Lastly, XC Inc is not based on the code, since it's a private company developing various *other* technologies, mostly based on and extending the usefulness of the currency.

so it will be open sourced before the private company is launched? 

No it will not be open sourced before then

That said, we've been clear (moreover in a press release, which you should've read) about how we're bringing XC into the public: internal testing and consultations, public reviews, bounties, then open source.

Lastly, XC Inc is not based on the code, since it's a private company developing various *other* technologies, mostly based on and extending the usefulness of the currency.

so it will be open sourced before the private company is launched? 
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
not that i don't trust you but i have the feeling we'll see some people show up again come launchtime trying to associate XC with you know who again.

Since no funds will change hands, what exactly would need to reviewed anyway

All that needs to be checked is the allocation of shares POST and that is easy to do.

However, reputation of the Dev is impeccable anyway, regardless of the FUD that has been thrown about Wink

A third party's involvement will bolster the legitimacy of the ITO regardless of how little is at stake.

Not everyone knows or trusts XC; the stronger our case, the easier it is for everyone.

you do realize you are promising something is under the hood that no one knows is even THERE for a coin.  and now you are selling a company based on that promise?

most people are going to laugh their asses off at you if you do a closed source "anon platform" company (for whatever reason) that can be bought into all built around software that nobody has seen?

what is the sense of this comment you can check the code work by making a transaction. why don't you break the anon and then come back to us. stop trolling dude you are a waste of your life.
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

you do realize you are promising something is under the hood that no one knows is even THERE for a coin.  and now you are selling a company based on that promise?

That said, we've been clear (moreover in a press release, which you should've read) about how we're bringing XC into the public: internal testing and consultations, public reviews, bounties, then open source. This is the plan, and everyone knows it; nobody is wandering in blindly.

Lastly, XC Inc is *not* based on the code, since it's a private company developing various *other* technologies, mostly based on and extending the usefulness of the currency. So even if we keep the code entirely unreviewed, it'll make little difference to XC Inc.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Since no funds will change hands, what exactly would need to reviewed anyway

All that needs to be checked is the allocation of shares POST and that is easy to do.

However, reputation of the Dev is impeccable anyway, regardless of the FUD that has been thrown about Wink

Activity: 196
Hmm - how to short it?

What kind of Bug was it?

Activity: 196

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Hmm - how to short it?

What kind of Bug was it?

Hmm - how to short it?

What kind of Bug was it?
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Hmm - how to short it?

Jump to: