Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 284. (Read 1484189 times)

Activity: 138
Merit: 100
My head is spinning  Grin.

Are we nixing the whole open source thing?

No.

XC's code will be completely open source. That's part of the appeal of the currency.

In contrast, XC Inc's appeal will stem from its ability to consistently deliver ground-breaking innovations, including lots of apps based on XCurrency.

Better still, XC's platform will allow third parties to develop blockchain 2.0 apps of their own, which of course will also run on XCurrency.

Awesome this is where things needed to go.  Opening things up so others can get involved.  The only way to make sure the currency survives and thrives. Nice work team.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Right now the big question is web 3.0 and advertising content will the actual currency be used as the medium to deliver this?

Yes.

how does that tech work?

Xnodes get paid to serve content to websites, users who access their files, etc.

and how will the revenue from this services be generated?
Traditional websites (and pretty much all normal clients/customers) will pay for hosting (of, say, ads...) via a traditional website. Xnodes get a cut; XC Inc. gets a cut.

can that be inherently linked into the currency itself that increases its demand?

Yes, massively so, because all payments to nodes will be in XC.

OR will it what XC Inc will use to fund projects, and pay out dividends?

It's a case of "and" rather than "or".

Ok. Sounds good. I'm in.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

No.

XC's code will be completely open source. That's part of the appeal of the currency.

In contrast, XC Inc's appeal will stem from its ability to consistently deliver ground-breaking innovations, including lots of apps based on XCurrency.

Better still, XC's platform will allow third parties to develop blockchain 2.0 apps of their own, which of course will also run on XCurrency.

Activity: 100

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
If I buy 51% of shares, can I destroy Xcurrency? Wink

Don't know where you can find 51% of the coins. Wink  Even on Mintpal, the floating coins is under 10% in the biggest wallet...

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/#!wallets

legendary
Right now the big question is web 3.0 and advertising content will the actual currency be used as the medium to deliver this?

Yes.

how does that tech work?

Xnodes get paid to serve content to websites, users who access their files, etc.

and how will the revenue from this services be generated?
Traditional websites (and pretty much all normal clients/customers) will pay for hosting (of, say, ads...) via a traditional website. Xnodes get a cut; XC Inc. gets a cut.

can that be inherently linked into the currency itself that increases its demand?

Yes, massively so, because all payments to nodes will be in XC.

OR will it what XC Inc will use to fund projects, and pay out dividends?

It's a case of "and" rather than "or".

legendary
If XCurrency's altcoin price and XC Inc. are two separate things:

Any thoughts on how XC (altcoin) will retain, or increase in value while XC Inc grows?  Any thoughts on how it's price will correlate to XC Inc. share prices?

For starters, this might not be a good idea, just yet.
Also this is not and an ICO, its an IPO. There is a difference, coins are not being offered, shares are.

So, this needs to be reflected in PR releases. Shows lack on understanding, not good for serious investors who know the difference.

Anyhow, that's a different story.

By making this move though there are some serious implications.

Essentially you need to think of XC like a bank (somewhat) that's listed. Or maybe even like Google or Samsung.

The share price may not be completely independent, as stated. Its important to understand that the nature of XC Inc product behaves like a share price according to demand and supply. And thus could lead to confusion amongst investors as to which is actually more valuable the currency or the share (because XC generates revenue itself, and its on this system that value is created). Also, the share price is directly affected by the currency's performance, in the current state. Unless other revenue streams like advertising can be created, separately.

An IPO's purpose is to raise capital, so that currency could be further developed. Remember XC is a payment system, much like bitcoin, its on this technology are other applications built. Thus rendering the tool more valuable than the provider.

With IPO's, the objective of investors is to be provided a return in the form of dividends, for making capital investments. Taking such a path would mean that XC Inc would need to generate revenue, using Xcurrency to provide cash to investors. Only if XC's "profits" increase will the share price increase. Along with good news. But, then one could also say that the share price of XC is directly related to the capabilities of Xcurrency. Because the currency leads the company financial performance. If the currency thrives, then the company thrives, and so the share price will thrive. Nonetheless, XC will need to provide a return to shareholders, to have a significant share price.

Right now the currency is more valuable than the share itself. Shares get their value from dividends; so you need to ask how much dividends can XC give you. Only then is it worth investing in the share. Period.

Right now the currency is giving you a dividend for holding.

ICO here stands for Initial Community Offering I think.  not coins....  

Also, stock value isn't based on just dividends.   People buy stocks for the growth of a company.   Growth could means many things, but most of the time, it's based on future potential revenue/profits/reach.   One exit strategy is to sell to a bigger company, where the holders of shares can get paid off handsomely.

eg.  Whatsapp, Twitter, Skype, etc.

That's a good cover story..'Community'. We now know what to say. Just had t point it out since I study finance.

Growths ultimate objective is to provide more cash flows, so the end is profit. And as companies grow, cash-flows grow, and so profits grow and ultimately returns to shareholders grow, hence stock price grow.

True the price grows on possibilities, but this is far into the future. We don't even know the future of bitcoin yet. So, its a bit tricky.

And besides takeover and sell off's happen when the share price does not reflect its value, usually undervalued so that private equity can buy it, make it better and then sell it off. So not necessarily a benefit to shareholders. Again, far into the future.

Right now the big question is web 3.0 and advertising content will the actual currency be used as the medium to deliver this? how does that tech work? and how will the revenue from this services be generated? can that be inherently linked into the currency itself that increases its demand? OR will it what XC Inc will use to fund projects, and pay out dividends?

Activity: 530
Merit: 500
If I buy 51% of shares, can I destroy Xcurrency? Wink
Activity: 364
Although there are still a lot of questions that need to be addressed in the future, this news blows my mind.  I just bought more XC, and will buy even more on Friday when my paycheck hits my account.  

CCMF.
legendary

I like your points. I also have a question for the team.
How can we prove how much XC we have?

You could sign a message with the private key associated with the address your coins are at.

legendary
Let me see if i understand this correctly, there will be some day in the future that every XC holder can get (not buy) shares in XC inc.
In the period before everybody has a choice to buy XC inc shares directly or by buying XC before that moment & receive them for free

What i want to know is whats happens after that day? Am i free to spend/trade that 10 XC but can i keep my XC inc share?
If so, isn't there a big risk many outsiders will choice option b, drive the price up, only to dump a day later?

This is a central consideration. Excellent question.

Once coins are used to claim an XC Inc. share, they will probably be locked for the duration of the IPO.

After that, they'll be tradable again.

So yes, people could definitely pump the price of XC in order to buy shares and then dump - but for several weeks their coins will be locked up, which is a pretty heavy risk to take. Other people could dump in the meantime instead of buying shares, leaving them exposed.

Options for traders would be:
- pump XC and dump instead of buying shares, and thereby lose out on effectively doubling the value of your holdings
- pump XC and buy shares, risking being dumped on while one's coins are locked up
- pump XC, buy shares, and then dump once your XC is unlocked. (This would only be feasible if market forces warrant it. The price could equally continue upward.)

I'm not sure whether we'll take the approach sketched above. We'd have to think it through more carefully. If we can figure out a way to completely avoid a pump/dump scenario, we'll use it. But on the face of it, it looks decent.
I like that 'lockup period' a lot, thought it was just a single moment in time
Thanks

But, now you are online ... the team had two great announcement today, the first got not enough attention imo.
anything you can tell us about the planned reviews and audits?

They will be revealed. Some will be as one would expect. Others will be surprises. ;-)
Activity: 684

Any thoughts on how XC (altcoin) will retain, or increase in value while XC Inc grows?  Any thoughts on how it's price will correlate to XC Inc. share prices?

Also this is not and an ICO, its an IPO. There is a difference, coins are not being offered, shares are.

So, this needs to be reflected in PR releases. Shows lack on understanding, not good for serious investors who know the difference.

Essentially you need to think of XC like a bank (somewhat) that's listed. Or maybe even like Google or Samsung.

The share price may not be completely independent, as stated. Its important to understand that the nature of XC Inc product behaves like a share price according to demand and supply. And thus could lead to confusion amongst investors as to which is actually more valuable the currency or the share (because XC generates revenue itself, and its on this system that value is created). Also, the share price is directly affected by the currency's performance, in the current state. Unless other revenue streams like advertising can be created, separately.

An IPO's purpose is to raise capital, so that currency could be further developed. Remember XC is a payment system, much like bitcoin, its on this technology are other applications built. Thus rendering the tool more valuable than the provider.

With IPO's, the objective of investors is to be provided a return in the form of dividends, for making capital investments. Taking such a path would mean that XC Inc would need to generate revenue, using Xcurrency to provide cash to investors. Only if XC's "profits" increase will the share price increase. Along with good news. But, then one could also say that the share price of XC is directly related to the capabilities of Xcurrency. Because the currency leads the company financial performance. If the currency thrives, then the company thrives, and so the share price will thrive. Nonetheless, XC will need to provide a return to shareholders, to have a significant share price.

Right now the currency is more valuable than the share itself. Shares get their value from dividends; so you need to ask how much dividends can XC give you. Only then is it worth investing in the share. Period.

I like your points. I also have a question for the team.
How can we prove how much XC we have?

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto Currency Supporter
Let me see if i understand this correctly, there will be some day in the future that every XC holder can get (not buy) shares in XC inc.
In the period before everybody has a choice to buy XC inc shares directly or by buying XC before that moment & receive them for free

What i want to know is whats happens after that day? Am i free to spend/trade that 10 XC but can i keep my XC inc share?
If so, isn't there a big risk many outsiders will choice option b, drive the price up, only to dump a day later?

Once coins are used to claim an XC Inc. share, they will probably be locked for the duration of the IPO.

So yes, people could definitely pump the price of XC in order to buy shares and then dump - but for several weeks their coins will be locked up, which is a pretty heavy risk to take. Other people could dump in the meantime instead of buying shares, leaving them exposed.

- pump XC and dump instead of buying shares, and thereby lose out on effectively doubling the value of your holdings
- pump XC and buy shares, risking being dumped on while one's coins are locked up
- pump XC, buy shares, and then dump once your XC is unlocked. (This would only be feasible if market forces warrant it. The price could equally continue upward.)

I'm not sure whether we'll take the approach sketched above. We'd have to think it through more carefully. If we can figure out a way to completely avoid a pump/dump scenario, we'll use it. But on the face of it, it looks decent.
Thanks

But, now you are online ... the team had two great announcement today, the first got not enough attention imo.

I love kimmyF's input and questions, they are spot-on! Plz do share more info! It is the main poit of controversy since XC's dawn after all!

BTW I would love to point new members to the PST topic and newb friendly coin control guide in my sig, now more essential than ever!
Activity: 978

Thanks

legendary

I'm not sure whether we'll take the approach sketched above. We'd have to think it through more carefully. If we can figure out a way to completely avoid a pump/dump scenario, we'll use it. But on the face of it, it looks decent to me.

Activity: 322

ICO here stands for Initial Community Offering I think.  not coins....  

Also, stock value isn't based on just dividends.   People buy stocks for the growth of a company.   Growth could means many things, but most of the time, it's based on future potential revenue/profits/reach.   One exit strategy is to sell to a bigger company, where the holders of shares can get paid off handsomely.

eg.  Whatsapp, Twitter, Skype, etc.

Activity: 978

legendary
i don't really know how shares works but i would guess dan or the team is going to be owning at least 51% of the shares to stay in control?

another thing im confused is why did xc choose nhz over nxt asset exchange? nxt has more user base and would generate more shares sold.
What advantages are we going to get by choosing this way. i have to be a little bit suspicious of this choice.

NXT has issues.

You're welcome to be suspicious.

On the other hand, given our record it's a good idea to trust our judgement.

As for 51% share-ownership, that depends entirely on what shareholders are entitled to. And that still's an open question. It need not give shareholders executive powers of any kind.

Good question to raise though. We'll address it and keep you all posted on developments.
Jump to: