Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 288. (Read 1484189 times)

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

I WAS RIGHT!

I own XC, SO I OWN SHARES? Without having to SELL XC?

Yeah, "jizzed"is not a word a top++ holder of a great future company might be allowed to use, but I just totally did it.

No You own the right to Buy XC shares if you OWN XCs 10 XC will give you the right to buy 1 share of the company....still fuking HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE this will drive XC price to the star as well as people that wants to buy shares they will need to buy XC First.

Fuking Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss
Are you sure? Owners of other coins can buy shares

The best thing about this is that people are unlikely to want to buy shares with other currencies. If they own XC, they XC plus a share.

Therefore: buy XC!

Thank you so much for this. Let me rephrase: If I have 10XC, I will prove my wallet(s) contains 10XC, and I will be automatically given 1 share, without need to spend anything?

Yup.

But what if i hold my coins in an exchange? how do i prove that i own them?

i think there will be a fixed date that will be taken and every wallet that holds more then 10XCs own shares equal to its account value, but when will the date be chosen?

My guess is that, to prove ownership, you'd need to sign using a private key.

So send your coins to a wallet before buying shares.

This will most probably happen in real-time during the ICO. There'll be no need to do things in advance.

I think we need to have a lock time or else some people might exploit it by claiming shares, then moving coins back to exchange and moving it back to another wallet.

If you need your coins on the exchange by lock time... then sorry.  no shares.

Yes, good suggestion. Coins used to claim shares could, perhaps, be locked for the duration of the ICO.

Can you imagine the time before the lock time??  There will be like ZERO XC on exchange.   Imagine the price skyrocketing....

Ha ha. Interesting. ;-)

but is there already a rough ETA for the ICO?
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Unfortunately Pookie removed his Sell orders in time Fuck!!!!!

Edit: There is still one on mintpal ...munch munch munch mmmm
Activity: 192
Merit: 100
One concern I have is that creating xc inc. will deter people from using xcurrency, and once xc is a corporation, competing companies may not want to accept xcurrency. This is exciting news and I am intrigued, however there seems to be a catch 22 here. The explosion of btc and crypto can be attributed to their decentralized nature, how does xcurrency plan on remaining decentralized, especially when a majority of the xcurrency is also owned by soon to be company shareholders? Any thoughts?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
SoNiC BooM
As I can see this is just one small step for PayPal at the time and will see how it goes:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Forward/PayPal-and-Virtual-Currency/ba-p/828230#.VCGt3UQSnHs.twitter

edit: but giant step for XC  Smiley
legendary
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

I WAS RIGHT!

Yeah, "jizzed"is not a word a top++ holder of a great future company might be allowed to use, but I just totally did it.

No You own the right to Buy XC shares if you OWN XCs 10 XC will give you the right to buy 1 share of the company....still fuking HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE this will drive XC price to the star as well as people that wants to buy shares they will need to buy XC First.

The best thing about this is that people are unlikely to want to buy shares with other currencies. If they own XC, they XC plus a share.

Thank you so much for this. Let me rephrase: If I have 10XC, I will prove my wallet(s) contains 10XC, and I will be automatically given 1 share, without need to spend anything?

Yup.

i think there will be a fixed date that will be taken and every wallet that holds more then 10XCs own shares equal to its account value, but when will the date be chosen?

This will most probably happen in real-time during the ICO. There'll be no need to do things in advance.

I think we need to have a lock time or else some people might exploit it by claiming shares, then moving coins back to exchange and moving it back to another wallet.

If you need your coins on the exchange by lock time... then sorry.  no shares.

Yes, good suggestion. Coins used to claim shares could, perhaps, be locked for the duration of the ICO.

Can you imagine the time before the lock time??  There will be like ZERO XC on exchange.   Imagine the price skyrocketing....

Ha ha. Interesting. ;-)
legendary

I WAS RIGHT!

Yup.

but for every 10XCs i will get one share. so i don't have to buy anything i would just have to proof ownership.

the question was more like, when will the XC team take the snapshot of the blockchain? will the date be publicly announced in advance?

I'm not sure we'll need to take a snapshot of the blockchain.

We could just lock the contents of any given address used to sign for a share. Multisig?

Personally I'd prefer a real-time experience.
Activity: 322

I WAS RIGHT!

Yup.

Can you imagine the time before the lock time??  There will be like ZERO XC on exchange.   Imagine the price skyrocketing....

I WAS RIGHT!

Yup.

but for every 10XCs i will get one share. so i don't have to buy anything i would just have to proof ownership.

the question was more like, when will the XC team take the snapshot of the blockchain? will the date be publicly announced in advance?

I hope it's a surprise to reward the people not leaving their XC coins on exchange to dump at any time. Wink

But, I doubt it will be a surprise, which is too bad. haha
legendary

I WAS RIGHT!

Yup.

I WAS RIGHT!

Yup.

legendary
Activity: 980
Traveling in subspace
like most our old BTC hero members saving that thousands of BTC they bought pre-2011 for a couple hundred bucks.
Or mined from 2009.  Wink
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Most of the recognised alts have had a decent bump of late, may doubling.. Except XC... I hope this is the catalyst for that elusive push over 200k as I really think once we get over this time we will be there to stay...
Activity: 952
Merit: 251
This will most probably happen in real-time during the ICO.
There'll be no need to do things in advance.

I own XC and hold them on an exchange ..
So, I'll have to download the XC wallet prior to the ICO ..
Transfer my XC to my XC wallet ..
And, at some point the XC devs will take a wallet 'snap shot' ..
XC shares will then be assigned at a 10XC to 1XCShare ratio ..

What is the anticipated total number of XC Shares ~550,000 ??
Will the then current XC coin owners be offered a better pricing structure
than what will be offered to XCShares ICO buyers ??

I'm trying to figure out if my BTC is better spent on XC now or
waiting for the ICO and buying XCShares directly ..

TIA

Triff ..    

I WAS RIGHT!

Yup.

legendary

I WAS RIGHT!

Yup.

legendary
We need more info concerning XC relative price to paypal and other intermediate fees as well... I dont wanna give my shares away!

Best thing you can do is just buy something cheap with XC, and then buy more XC with the fiat you would've used.

Then tell everyone the fee.
Activity: 210
Crypto Currency Supporter
We need more info concerning XC relative price to paypal and other intermediate fees as well... I dont wanna give my shares away!

I WAS RIGHT!

Yup.

Activity: 192
Exciting news! Any idea yet on how many total shares there will be in the ICO?
legendary
Jump to: