Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 287. (Read 1484189 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
XC Shares might not be 'legal' in all jurisdictions ..
Where do you plan to incorporate ??
What structure are you going to use, LLC or other ??

Someone ( Dan? ) might want to contact 'kosmost'
with KARM coin as he recently setup an LLC structure
which was subsequently closed down/dissolved ..  

Triff ..

Good questions. We'll need to decide on these details. Potentially we have a way of getting around the hurdle you mention.

We'll keep you all updated on this sort of stuff.

Thanks .. keep up the good work ..
Couple more for you ..

What is the anticipated total number of XC Shares ~550,000 ??
Will the then current XC coin owners be offered a better pricing structure
than what will be offered to XCShares ICO buyers ??

I'm trying to figure out if my BTC is better spent on XC now or
waiting for the ICO and buying XCShares directly ..

Triff ..   

My guess is that shares will cost the same no matter what you buy them with.

Buy if you buy XC you'll not have to sell them to get shares.

So I'd buy.

There will be more shares available than there are XC coins, or else no-one will be able to buy without first buying XC. We haven't decided on an amount yet though.

don't have to be more , just more than 550k
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Ok, let me lay my thoughts out in text. XC registers in multiple countries as a Corporation and issues shares and pays dividends. In America the SEC requires full shareholder identity disclosure, the IRS requires a yearly tax return on shares held and any dividends payed.

Please correct me if my logic is flawed.

It probably won't be like this. An ICO is not an IPO.

I think it is important to establish this for certain

Definitely. It's a priority.

We're consulting on the legal and regulatory details of all this.

We'll keep you all updated as things develop.

Activity: 151
Merit: 100
One concern I have is that creating xc inc. will deter people from using xcurrency, and once xc is a corporation, competing companies may not want to accept xcurrency. This is exciting news and I am intrigued, however there seems to be a catch 22 here. The explosion of btc and crypto can be attributed to their decentralized nature, how does xcurrency plan on remaining decentralized, especially when a majority of the xcurrency is also owned by soon to be company shareholders? Any thoughts?

Good point.

However XC's code will be open source.

Everyone in their right mind will jump at the chance to integrate the leading private open source currency.

As for the idea that the majority of XCurrency will be owned by XC Inc. shareholders:

- People will have months to become shareholders, and the opportunity will be well-advertised.

- People will be free to use XC as a temporary means of obtaining XC Inc. shares, and sell afterwards. After the ICO they'll trade independently of each other.

- Since there's no organic connection between the two, and no internal control over their relative values, I don't see this as a problem.

Have I missed something?

If people are "free to use XC as a temporary means of obtaining XC Inc. shares, and sell afterwards." then couldn't I buy 1000XC obtain my 100xc inc.... sell my 1000XC.... rebuy my 1000XC and get another 100xc inc shares... Then sell my 1000XC and have 200xc inc shares for free Huh??

That's why I suggested there is a lock time.  If you don't own your XC by then, sorry....

Kinda like ex-div date for stocks.
true.. that's really the only way I can think this will work...  A snapshot of the blockchain at one specific time.

edit: looks like we all better pick up our XC now before price continues up!
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
One concern I have is that creating xc inc. will deter people from using xcurrency, and once xc is a corporation, competing companies may not want to accept xcurrency. This is exciting news and I am intrigued, however there seems to be a catch 22 here. The explosion of btc and crypto can be attributed to their decentralized nature, how does xcurrency plan on remaining decentralized, especially when a majority of the xcurrency is also owned by soon to be company shareholders? Any thoughts?

This should be answered ASAP as it was the first thing I thought of

Paypall is a corporation and other corporations accept them. Having XC as a company will give credibility to the Business world to Our Platform expecially for web 3.0 applications. Xc Could have the Potential to shape the New Internet and be the new Currency of this new Internet in the same time.. Why people will not want to use it. We are going for main stream adoption not for Crypto niche Nerds.

One question that I have is will XC have a board of Directors? will dan be the CTO? will there be a CTO? what if Microsoft will want to buy it? will the CTO sign the Deal withouth the Community/shareHolders have a voice on it? will there be an official Board of Share Holders now as the Major corporations to talk about future decisions?

But Paypal is just a means of transferring fiat.  Big difference versus a decentralized currency.

Not trying to be negative just trying to both play devil's advocate and wrap my head around the whole thing.

Exactly XC is superior in every Aspect to Paypall as it is a mean of transfer a currency a private platform a future Infrastructure for web 3.0 and blockchain 2.0 apps..
legendary

Triff ..

Good questions. We'll need to decide on these details. Potentially we have a way of getting around the hurdle you mention.

Couple more for you ..

Triff ..   

My guess is that shares will cost the same no matter what you buy them with.

Buy if you buy XC you'll not have to sell them to get shares.

So I'd buy.

There will be more shares available than there are XC coins, or else no-one will be able to buy without first buying XC. We haven't decided on an amount yet though.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Ok, let me lay my thoughts out in text. XC registers in multiple countries as a Corporation and issues shares and pays dividends. In America the SEC requires full shareholder identity disclosure, the IRS requires a yearly tax return on shares held and any dividends payed.

Please correct me if my logic is flawed.

It probably won't be like this. An ICO is not an IPO.

I think it is important to establish this for certain
Activity: 322

Good point.

Everyone in their right mind will jump at the chance to integrate the leading private open source currency.

As for the idea that the majority of XCurrency will be owned by XC Inc. shareholders:

- People will have months to become shareholders, and the opportunity will be well-advertised.

- People will be free to use XC as a temporary means of obtaining XC Inc. shares, and sell afterwards. After the ICO they'll trade independently of each other.

- Since there's no organic connection between the two, and no internal control over their relative values, I don't see this as a problem.

Have I missed something?

If people are "free to use XC as a temporary means of obtaining XC Inc. shares, and sell afterwards." then couldn't I buy 1000XC obtain my 100xc inc.... sell my 1000XC.... rebuy my 1000XC and get another 100xc inc shares... Then sell my 1000XC and have 200xc inc shares for free Huh??

That's why I suggested there is a lock time.  If you don't own your XC by then, sorry....

Kinda like ex-div date for stocks.
Activity: 151
Merit: 100

Good point.

Have I missed something?

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

Triff ..

Couple more for you ..

Triff ..   
legendary
It's passed my bedtime and just saw the XC News, been bagging up all XC under 16k sats on POLO for the QBK ASSET FUND..we got now over 1.2k ..I hope they can dump on our  orders while I sleep now. Cheesy Cheesy Retweeted @goldentags..go go XC ..

Nice work :-).

legendary

Triff ..

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
It's passed my bedtime and just saw the XC News, been bagging up all XC under 16k sats on POLO for the QBK ASSET FUND..we got now over 1.2k ..I hope they can dump on our  orders while I sleep now. Cheesy Cheesy Retweeted @goldentags..go go XC ..
Activity: 952
Merit: 251

Triff ..
legendary

Good point.

Have I missed something?

Paypall is a corporation and other corporations accept them. Having XC as a company will give credibility to the Business world to Our Platform expecially for web 3.0 applications. Xc Could have the Potential to shape the New Internet and be the new Currency of this new Internet in the same time.. Why people will not want to use it. We are going for main stream adoption not for Crypto niche Nerds.

One question that I have is will XC have a board of Directors? will dan be the CTO? will there be a CTO? what if Microsoft will want to buy it? will the CTO sign the Deal withouth the Community/shareHolders have a voice on it? will there be an official Board of Share Holders now as the Major corporations to talk about future decisions?

But Paypal is just a means of transferring fiat.  Big difference versus a decentralized currency.

Not trying to be negative just trying to both play devil's advocate and wrap my head around the whole thing.
Activity: 840

This is how I intepret it:

The two things are separate... XC coins will act like "fuel" to the applications like "ether" for ethereum.    While the shares is kinda like "profit sharing" for extra "deals" that XC Inc. might have with big company to distribute ads for example.    XNodes/XMixer will still get the fees, but there might be "big" deal in the pipeline that might have extra money going to XC Inc.   Imagine one day XC Inc. becomes a public traded company on Nasdaq... you might get dividends and you can openly sell the shares of XC Inc.

Please correct me if I am wrong about this interpretation.

Or to the basics:

You can spend and invest Fiat, most people do both.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Edit:

Maybe we can do a community/share holders voting system for the Decisions to be made like for Example 100 shares Equal one Vote...my 2 XCs
Activity: 322

This is how I intepret it:

The two things are separate... XC coins will act like "fuel" to the applications like "ether" for ethereum.    While the shares is kinda like "profit sharing" for extra "deals" that XC Inc. might have with big company to distribute ads for example.    XNodes/XMixer will still get the fees, but there might be "big" deal in the pipeline that might have extra money going to XC Inc.   Imagine one day XC Inc. becomes a public traded company on Nasdaq... you might get dividends and you can openly sell the shares of XC Inc.

Please correct me if I am wrong about this interpretation.
legendary

Good point.

Jump to: