Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 459. (Read 1484191 times)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
probably a stupid question but: I just installed the XC app (windows) and it keeps saying 0 active connections?? What am I doing wrong? Do I have to configure anything else? Have tried to disable my firewall but still no connections... thx

Add below to xcurrency.conf file and save it.

Code:
server=1
listen=1
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcport=32347

addnode=east01.xcnode.xc-official.com
addnode=west01.xcnode.xc-official.com
addnode=west02.xcnode.xc-official.com

Still doesnt work... Any other suggestion?

backup wallet.dat delete all xcurrency roaming folder and re-install in the new releases the conf file is already in there, if you are in the tor network it takes more time to get connections

still doesnt work, not on tor network, got the install file from http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/windows/ (the xc website)
shouldnt be this difficult...

Do you have any anti-malware or anti-virus running with real time protection? Just a thought.

Nope, all of them deactivated. Its been more than 2h and still 0 connections, I give up... Didnt have this problem with any other coin client

The installer creates a shortcut in your start menu, is that what you used to launch the client?

XC uses several different seed mechanisms, so this is an odd issue to have, sounds like firewall or port issue but with out any more diagnostic data I can't be sure

let me know if you need further help

Didnt use the start menu shortcut, only the directory... today I tried with the desktop shortcut and it worked! (everything else like firewall etc. activated) Weird but it works Smiley

Well thanks all for taking your time, appreciate it
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Hello remuneration will be everything how to adjust a mixer and whether? I have 970 xc
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
New Beginning!
Morning all!

Here is an article about XC. http://www.crypto-way.com/xcurrency-is-here-to-stay/

Like , tweet if you like.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Don't think I have seen a direct link to Dan's answers to the questions from the Q&A...  I just found it now... so if it's already posted, my apologies...

http://xctalk.com/index.php?/topic/179-trustless-mixing-diagram-qa-session/?p=1177

If you want the BIP38 generated address to be the same compressed format as the wallet (right now, it's in uncompressed format so it's not matching what you see in the receive coins address list):

You will have to make the following change to line 7340:

Change the false (2nd parameters):

Code:
ninja.privateKey.BIP38GenerateECAddressAsync(ninja.wallets.paperwallet.intermediatePoint, false, function (address, encryptedKey) {

to true:

Code:
ninja.privateKey.BIP38GenerateECAddressAsync(ninja.wallets.paperwallet.intermediatePoint, true, function (address, encryptedKey) {

Refresh the page.  The generated address is now the same as you will see in the wallet and it will be easier for you to find an address that you like as a semi vanity address!

Activity: 364
Activity: 361
The volume of today is complete shit, that is a shame.

End of month?

I thought most people are staking XC, not trading on Exchanges.
Activity: 196
Merit: 12

End of month?
Activity: 5
XCurrency closes as soon as i launch it so i can't figure it out, i have tried reinstalling it also with no luck.

Did you delete everything BUT the wallet.dat from the appdata/roaming folder?

Just did that and it is working fine now, thank for the help guys!
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
XCurrency closes as soon as i launch it so i can't figure it out, i have tried reinstalling it also with no luck.

Did you delete everything BUT the wallet.dat from the appdata/roaming folder?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

When you say to tried to install what does that mean exactly?  What steps did you take?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Anyone able to help with this:

"A fatal error has occurred. XCurrency can no longer continue safely and will quit.

EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error
CDB() : can't open database file blkindex.dat, error 22
I:\XCurrency\XCurrency-qt.exe in Runaway exception"

It is the latest release and was working fine yesterday, any help would be much appreciated.

Aaron

I'm no expert here but if I saw that error, I would first try to re-download the blockchain.

Wow... that's the #2 rich list address staking 82% of the last 100 blocks cause it hasn't been touched for 28 days+ and it finally staked.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/address.dws?XPmGJhoziauLbSDYML6ekJ4QQDALcr4eBm.htm
Anyone able to help with this:

"A fatal error has occurred. XCurrency can no longer continue safely and will quit.

EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error
CDB() : can't open database file blkindex.dat, error 22
I:\XCurrency\XCurrency-qt.exe in Runaway exception"

It is the latest release and was working fine yesterday, any help would be much appreciated.

Aaron
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
So it still just rewards % of xc owned? 

XMixers get a fee from from each transaction they process, separate from staking interest

I'm really happy to see a minimum requirement back. It's a reward for investing so it's a draw for newcomers
and supports the coin.

Activity: 364
Pretty damn excited about the opportunities for Xnode profit independent of price in the near future.

Also excited to see all the future tech come to fruition.

XMixers get a fee from from each transaction they process, separate from staking interest

Can the 550 XC being used for mixing still be staked?
Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Jump to: