Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 462. (Read 1484191 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
probably a stupid question but: I just installed the XC app (windows) and it keeps saying 0 active connections?? What am I doing wrong? Do I have to configure anything else? Have tried to disable my firewall but still no connections... thx

Add below to xcurrency.conf file and save it.

Code:
server=1
listen=1
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcport=32347

addnode=east01.xcnode.xc-official.com
addnode=west01.xcnode.xc-official.com
addnode=west02.xcnode.xc-official.com

Still doesnt work... Any other suggestion?

backup wallet.dat delete all xcurrency roaming folder and re-install in the new releases the conf file is already in there, if you are in the tor network it takes more time to get connections

still doesnt work, not on tor network, got the install file from http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/windows/ (the xc website)
shouldnt be this difficult...

Do you have any anti-malware or anti-virus running with real time protection? Just a thought.

Nope, all of them deactivated. Its been more than 2h and still 0 connections, I give up... Didnt have this problem with any other coin client

The installer creates a shortcut in your start menu, is that what you used to launch the client?

XC uses several different seed mechanisms, so this is an odd issue to have, sounds like firewall or port issue but with out any more diagnostic data I can't be sure

let me know if you need further help
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
Russians will change the world we see (not only in Ukraine): http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/fbi-investigates-whether-russians-hacked-jpmorgan-other-u-s-banks-n190671

Trust no bank. Trust nobody.
Trust CODE. (mathematics)
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Ok guys.  Sell me on XC ... why?   Grin Roll Eyes

Here is the "why" from me on XC:  

-Speed of development:  Everyone here knows crypto moves at a ridiculous pace.  To this point the development pace of XC has been ridiculously fast. Too many coins have good ideas, honest devs and a good community but just can't keep up.  XC can and has.
-Not over-promising and under-delivering.  Actually with one exception which was more of a communication thing than anything, it has been the opposite.
-Finally. The anonymous solution of Rev3 looks to be what everyone is waiting for.  No bloat, huge BTC bounty for cracking it, coded from the ground up, Xchat (think of skype with "privacy" features) integrated.
-and the market for this type of solution is there for the taking.

I've invested in many non P&D coins that just cant keep pace or offer nothing different from a ton of other coins out there.  I'm done with those and based on the exchange charts many others feel the same.  Take a look at the numbers over the last quarter, BTC included   http://www.cryptocoinstats.com/performancetracker.php?s=qp
Activity: 252
Feeling like xc is about to start moving north again.. As per above, after all the scams I just don't understand why people bother with these obvious p and d's coins.

Yep I've seen it tons of times and unfortunately used to fall for it myself when I was new to the game. 
It's a shame really that people still fall for the games that the people pumping and dumping these play.
Activity: 341
Feeling like xc is about to start moving north again.. As per above, after all the scams I just don't understand why people bother with these obvious p and d's coins.

Greed. Can't think of anything else.
Activity: 518
Activity: 178
Librex is claiming to have PoBC (proof of blockchian)   Angry

Wouldn't you be able to match input and output amount in that anon system?
What other benefits does this system have? Do you see it as something XC should look into?
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
i know its usually not XC style but i could use a little hype today, just for giggles.

Here - http://www.ushype.com/
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
A coin is claiming to have POBC
(some picture)

Wow nice draw but between a draw and the coding there is a huge work to do , technically i dont know if that will work like this. And for your information a good anon coin is going to rollback from RC4 to RC3 after month of coding and testing...

I'm sure that Dan have think of all the future behavoir of this code before working for nothing , just my 2 cents.

Really? I didn't know that.

Highlights further what an amazing job the XC dev is doing with the encrypted chat and privacy transactions.
Activity: 661
A coin is claiming to have POBC
(some picture)

Wow nice draw but between a draw and the coding there is a huge work to do , technically i dont know if that will work like this. And for your information a good anon coin is going to rollback from RC4 to RC3 after month of coding and testing...

I'm sure that Dan have think of all the future behavoir of this code before working for nothing , just my 2 cents.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Librex is claiming to have PoBC (proof of blockchian)   Angry

It's just a poster.

Haven't people been burned by enough scam coins in the last 2 months that promise amazing tech and then don't deliver?

And even if the coin has a legit developer (very unlikely), implementing that takes time. And if the dev isn't a top programmer he will screw up the implementation (see the various coins trying to do anon tech and failing for example).

I'll wait for our team to implement it thanks.
Activity: 462
Librex is claiming to have PoBC (proof of blockchian)   Angry

legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040
I have a feeling a lot of those yellow dots on the roadmap are gonna turn green in September  Grin
Activity: 700

..... None in here ever had this problem before i'm sorry for that. .....

I got the same problem. And still have.
What ever I was doing, editing, re-writing config file, fresh app re-installing, waiting patiently 3-5 hours and longer, numerous times reconfiguring my router, assuring no firewall, no antivirus, malware hunt apps are active,  etc etc - nothing helps.n
Connections NEVER even starts.

The only thing which let me get online into XC network was copying config file to ./roaming/ directory, that way starting TOR
Now even I got a stable connections on TOR,  and every day stakes, it never ever gets more then 8 connections.
Eight ( 8 ) is maximum i ever have seen, which makes me a bit nervous anyway, specially when i read people are getting 40-50 conections and more

WIN8.1 64bit, i7, 6GB RAM, latest  v0.9.2.48a_RC1.XCurrency-REV2, 100/100 mbps fiber line, 2-3 ms ping to ISP here

Sure would like to fix this, even I can not complain about TOR performance either, even XChat is rather quick

I got three connections with tor using lubuntu tor stick so you are getting more than that. where is the problem?
Not really a PROBLEM.  Just can get calm without true understanding, why i can not get any connections at all while out of TOR

you should PM Dan so
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
i know its usually not XC style but i could use a little hype today, just for giggles.
Activity: 341
Look at all the bids piling up below 140.  Get ready! September is coming!
Activity: 235

What ever I was doing, editing, re-writing config file, fresh app re-installing, waiting patiently 3-5 hours and longer, numerous times reconfiguring my router, assuring no firewall, no antivirus, malware hunt apps are active,  etc etc - nothing helps.n

The only thing which let me get online into XC network was copying config file to ./roaming/ directory, that way starting TOR
Now even I got a stable connections on TOR,  and every day stakes, it never ever gets more then 8 connections.
Eight ( 8 ) is maximum i ever have seen, which makes me a bit nervous anyway, specially when i read people are getting 40-50 conections and more

WIN8.1 64bit, i7, 6GB RAM, latest  v0.9.2.48a_RC1.XCurrency-REV2, 100/100 mbps fiber line, 2-3 ms ping to ISP here

Sure would like to fix this, even I can not complain about TOR performance either, even XChat is rather quick

I got three connections with tor using lubuntu tor stick so you are getting more than that. where is the problem?
Not really a PROBLEM.  Just can get calm without true understanding, why i can not get any connections at all while out of TOR
Activity: 714
I bought for 0,15 BTC more XC, so lets get that price up again.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10

xc seems lose its magic. ATC doesn't say anything after 17th.

He's working on coding there is a reason why XC has a pr and community team. Also he replied to questions in our forum.

sorry for my words. I'll be there ^^

I am waiting for the UI preview
Activity: 700

Jump to: